Moses and the transfiguration

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HayAl

If Moses wasn't permitted to cross the Jordan and "enter the Promise Land " , where was the Mount of Transfiguration.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
If Moses wasn't permitted to cross the Jordan and "enter the Promise Land " , where was the Mount of Transfiguration.
You know, luckily, rules after death are different than before it.

He was not allowed to enter before death.

H

HayAl

My question continues with Elijah. For some reason he crosses to the east side of the Jordan before being taken up. I am fine with where ever it was butam curious about God's logistics.like is mount nebo close enough to Jerusalem for Jesus to walk to? And if the transfiguration is on the west side of the Jordan does it speak to Moses coming to the Promise Land through Jesus? Just w9ndering.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
You know, luckily, rules after death are different than before it.

He was not allowed to enter before death.
Thank you

it always troubled me that Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land but saw it from afar

the way you answered above has made me understand now why

B

BeyondET

A possible candidate could be mount Hermon.

H

HayAl

I've heard that but it seems highly unlikely. Too far from Jerusalem. I thought the transfiguration was within a week of his going to the cros.

B

BeyondET

I've heard that but it seems highly unlikely. Too far from Jerusalem. I thought the transfiguration was within a week of his going to the cros.
might not be but scriptures does say, 6 days then He took them up on the mountain, I haven't seen any scholars or the like mention the four gospels as being in exact order. something else that is interesting is that Moses was on that mountain looking at the promise land, Jesus when descending from that mountain said to His disciples with faith one could move a mountain from one place to another place.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
A three days walk actually

Sep 3, 2016
Matthew 17:3 - And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with Him.

Moses and Elijah represented the Law and the Prophets, the dead, and raptured Saints.

H

HayAl

I can agree with that but it does not answer the question of where. I think it can't be the most important question or it would have been addressed. However it seems important to God to have people do things at specific locations. Like Abraham takes Isaac to a specific location. And there are many other examples. Like Jacobs ladder.The gospel is taken to the whole world and is valid anywhere but when the Christ returns it will happen in a certain location.

Dec 12, 2013
Mount Tabor seems a likely candidate....seems up to the 3rd century it was spoken of as the one....NOT SAYING IT IS>Just what I have read

Apr 15, 2017
Moses sinned that God would not allow him to enter in to the promise land,to live a life on earth,in the flesh.

But Moses at the transfiguration was no longer in the flesh,so that sin has long passed away,and does not apply in his life.

Although Moses sinned a terrible sin,he was still saved,and if he can have access to heaven,he can surely be in Israel out of the flesh.

H

HayAl

I agree. As a possibility. Possible it could have happened in Canada but it seems weird that Elijah took the effort to cross the Jordan in the same manner that the Isrealites entered. The more I think about it the more I think it happened on the east side.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Matthew 17:3 - And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with Him.

Moses and Elijah represented the Law and the Prophets, the dead, and raptured Saints.
So if Moses and Elijah talked with him before the resurrection then does that mean that Jesus was the first begotten of the dead?

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Rev 1:5

H

HayAl

It does seem easy to get sidetracked by someone elses comments. What you wrote does not seem relevant to my thought train.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
It does seem easy to get sidetracked by someone elses comments. What you wrote does not seem relevant to my thought train.
I do apologize for that.

H

HayAl

S'all good?????? I think this curiosity was given me by our Lord and just haven't sen the fruit of it. I thought this platform might help. So far, nada??????