Moving on to Genius chapter 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Genius chapter 3

part 1​

I want to say a word before I begin today. Many people just love labels, you know. Like this is the way so-and-so teaches, and a man teaches this way in order to be... he's probably a so-n-so...you know, this denomination or that... Hey, it doesn't matter what this person or that person teaches, how much of it or how little. What matters is what does the word of God say. And anyone that will bend from teaching God's word exactly as it's written.

[Concerning men that do teach exactly as God’s Word is written] - don't try to label them. I don't care if it is different then locally you might have been taught. Then maybe you'd better dig deeper. But what is important is to document it, know that it is God's Word, and I don't care what man says about it. Stick with God's Word and you'll always be a winner. Labels? I kind of dislike labels. I like to be a child of God that studies God's Word (period). Because there's nothing really important in this world shaping your morals and your success as God's Word will. So always stick with it and don't care a whole lot about what men say, alright.

I hope you realize I'm preparing you for a chapter that goes to some depths and many people shy away from controversy. But anyone that would call God's Word a controversy, or better yet I should say would shy away from it, is just a little bit too out there for God. He's not going to visit them. Always teach it exactly as it is written.

With that in mind we are going to get a good lesson in the Hebrew language today; without it you will never fully understand it completely.

Genesis Chapter 3.​

Verse 1: Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The serpent(The devil, Satan, that old Dragon) Strong's Hebrew 5175:1) serpent, snake1a)

More subtil: Strong's Hebrew 6175:1) subtle, shrewd, crafty, sly, sensible 1a) crafty 1b) shrewd, sensible, prudent

Of the field: the world, Just why do I say field is world That is what God has interpreted it as and when God interprets something for us in the bible we need to pay attention to it. Matthew 13:36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

And He said unto the woman:

He thanks he has found a weak spot here; but not so quick.

Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? This is Satan's M.O. He uses Gods word; That is what he did when He tempted Jesus in the wilderness but he twists it just a bit to fit his scheme.

Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Now that's wide open. Well don't forget God gave orders and after God states it, that becomes law. God had told them, "You can eat of except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

And naturally they did not have the opportunity to partake of the tree of life which is to say Christ.

We're going to be talking about trees at quite length today. And God uses symbology often times to teach on a deeper vein than many people are able to receive. So let's hang tough, we will get through it.

That's what Satan asked her, that's not what God said to Eve. Let's see what the woman says.

Verse 2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Verse 3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

We are going to take some time here because if we do not build a good foundation; well it will be like building our house on the sand. You will never get the full understanding, and if you don't get a good understanding at the beginning how will you have a chance to understand at the end.

We are going to spend some time on the words tree, touch not so much on eat and lastly lest ye die.

Tree - H6086 êts,ates (the H in front of the number means it is from the Hebrew

From H6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence wood (plural sticks): - + carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood. So far the Hebrew word looks just like the English word; but it says it comes from the word H6086 so lets look at that word

H6095âtsâh-aw-tsaw

עצה - A primitive root; properly to fasten (or make firm), that is,to close (the eyes): - shut.

Eat - H398 means just that eat

Touch - H5060 נגע-nâga‛- naw-gah'

A primitive root; properly to touch, that is, lay the hand upon (for any purpose; (euphemistically, to lie with a woman); by implication to reach (figuratively to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike (punish, defeat, destroy, etc.): - beat, (X be able to) bring (down), cast, come (nigh), draw near (nigh), get up, happen, join, near, plague, reach (up), smite, strike, touch.

Then what is a euphemism? A euphemism is where someone uses the word touch to be a nicer word than they chose to translate "to lie with a woman". In other words it was nicer it seemed to say "touch" rather than "intercourse". For that's what it means. Now many might say, [gasping] - “Oh dear Lord, did you hear what he said?" I didn't say it. God said it. That's what the word means in the Hebrew tongue. And if you're too good for God's Word then you really a goodie-goodie two shoes aren't you? You need to stick with God's Word so that you understand God's Word.

So what God had said… I think the implication is sufficient enough that it will clear itself up. Now don't get away from me now. This is a little heavy for some; you put it on the shelf. But it is God's Word. And I give you and tell How to acquire the tools. If I say "naga" means a certain thing in the Hebrew, you can check it out yourself in a Strong's Concordance or a good Hebrew dictionary. It's not that big a push for an English reader.

Before you shut me off, yell you are crazy etc. Turn with me to Genius 20.

Abraham, Sarah and Abimelech​

1And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. 2And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife. 4But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her. 7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

What do you thank the king was about to do? Take Sarah for w a walk through the royal gardens? NO! He took her to the royal bed chambers.

We are going to stop right here and let all that sink in

Just will say the Serpent seed doctrine is a doctrine of devils,.

(Genesis 4:1) The passage directly affirming Adam’s fatherhood of Cain is, “Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain”

Adam had sexual relations with Eve and conceived Cain. End of discussion.

Dice it, slice it, chop it. Adam is the father and fathered Cain.

In addition, God himself warned Cain that sin was at the door of his heart and Cain must master it.

6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?

7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

NLT "watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
i can admit assumption, if you truly did not mean that you believe a teacup poodle is the natural result from macroevolution.

truth be told, i absolutely believe in macroevolution when dealing with microorganism's. i just don't think it should be placed into context for how a teacup poodle came to existence.
Well I admit since it was an "on purpose" instance (teacup poodle) it is a different category. I may have been remiss in using the most extreme example from the get go. Maybe a better example would have been an original BEAR which (based on ecology) resulted in Polar, grizzly, etcetera. Although this cannot "really" be demonstrated and it's just a guess. Perhaps tomorrow I'll look into it further.

If nothing else it is true that dogs aren't the best example due to human beings being involved in the process.

I just don't think that different races are unexplainable via that metric.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Genius chapter 3

part 1​

I want to say a word before I begin today. Many people just love labels, you know. Like this is the way so-and-so teaches, and a man teaches this way in order to be... he's probably a so-n-so...you know, this denomination or that... Hey, it doesn't matter what this person or that person teaches, how much of it or how little. What matters is what does the word of God say. And anyone that will bend from teaching God's word exactly as it's written.

[Concerning men that do teach exactly as God’s Word is written] - don't try to label them. I don't care if it is different then locally you might have been taught. Then maybe you'd better dig deeper. But what is important is to document it, know that it is God's Word, and I don't care what man says about it. Stick with God's Word and you'll always be a winner. Labels? I kind of dislike labels. I like to be a child of God that studies God's Word (period). Because there's nothing really important in this world shaping your morals and your success as God's Word will. So always stick with it and don't care a whole lot about what men say, alright.

I hope you realize I'm preparing you for a chapter that goes to some depths and many people shy away from controversy. But anyone that would call God's Word a controversy, or better yet I should say would shy away from it, is just a little bit too out there for God. He's not going to visit them. Always teach it exactly as it is written.

With that in mind we are going to get a good lesson in the Hebrew language today; without it you will never fully understand it completely.

Genesis Chapter 3.​

Verse 1: Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The serpent(The devil, Satan, that old Dragon) Strong's Hebrew 5175:1) serpent, snake1a)

More subtil: Strong's Hebrew 6175:1) subtle, shrewd, crafty, sly, sensible 1a) crafty 1b) shrewd, sensible, prudent

Of the field: the world, Just why do I say field is world That is what God has interpreted it as and when God interprets something for us in the bible we need to pay attention to it. Matthew 13:36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

And He said unto the woman:

He thanks he has found a weak spot here; but not so quick.

Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? This is Satan's M.O. He uses Gods word; That is what he did when He tempted Jesus in the wilderness but he twists it just a bit to fit his scheme.

Now that's wide open. Well don't forget God gave orders and after God states it, that becomes law. God had told them, "You can eat of except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

And naturally they did not have the opportunity to partake of the tree of life which is to say Christ.

We're going to be talking about trees at quite length today. And God uses symbology often times to teach on a deeper vein than many people are able to receive. So let's hang tough, we will get through it.

That's what Satan asked her, that's not what God said to Eve. Let's see what the woman says.

Verse 2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Verse 3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

We are going to take some time here because if we do not build a good foundation; well it will be like building our house on the sand. You will never get the full understanding, and if you don't get a good understanding at the beginning how will you have a chance to understand at the end.

We are going to spend some time on the words tree, touch not so much on eat and lastly lest ye die.

Tree - H6086 êts,ates (the H in front of the number means it is from the Hebrew

From H6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence wood (plural sticks): - + carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood. So far the Hebrew word looks just like the English word; but it says it comes from the word H6086 so lets look at that word

H6095âtsâh-aw-tsaw

עצה - A primitive root; properly to fasten (or make firm), that is,to close (the eyes): - shut.

Eat - H398 means just that eat

Touch - H5060 נגע-nâga‛- naw-gah'

A primitive root; properly to touch, that is, lay the hand upon (for any purpose; (euphemistically, to lie with a woman); by implication to reach (figuratively to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike (punish, defeat, destroy, etc.): - beat, (X be able to) bring (down), cast, come (nigh), draw near (nigh), get up, happen, join, near, plague, reach (up), smite, strike, touch.

Then what is a euphemism? A euphemism is where someone uses the word touch to be a nicer word than they chose to translate "to lie with a woman". In other words it was nicer it seemed to say "touch" rather than "intercourse". For that's what it means. Now many might say, [gasping] - “Oh dear Lord, did you hear what he said?" I didn't say it. God said it. That's what the word means in the Hebrew tongue. And if you're too good for God's Word then you really a goodie-goodie two shoes aren't you? You need to stick with God's Word so that you understand God's Word.

So what God had said… I think the implication is sufficient enough that it will clear itself up. Now don't get away from me now. This is a little heavy for some; you put it on the shelf. But it is God's Word. And I give you and tell How to acquire the tools. If I say "naga" means a certain thing in the Hebrew, you can check it out yourself in a Strong's Concordance or a good Hebrew dictionary. It's not that big a push for an English reader.

Before you shut me off, yell you are crazy etc. Turn with me to Genius 20.

Abraham, Sarah and Abimelech​

1And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. 2And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife. 4But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her. 7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

What do you thank the king was about to do? Take Sarah for w a walk through the royal gardens? NO! He took her to the royal bed chambers.

We are going to stop right here and let all that sink in

Well okay I read up to here and I don't remember ever teaching any of this stuff can I post a disclaimer?

Mar 17, 2023
Mii I want to go back over your posts so this may take a bit, but I want to make sure that I have not misunderstood some of the things you are saying, and some of the things I have been saying. You seem to be open to at least thank about what I am trying to say. This is something John Ray said to me "if you do not understand the beginning, you will never understand the ending. You questioned the word naga #5060 a prime root; to touch, i.e. to lay a hand upon(for any purpose; euphemism to lie with a woman) by implication to reach (figuratively to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike, punish, defeat, destroy etc.
Your post to the watchers #57 about the Micro breeding, I agree with you on that also. Lets get back to the main question here; Did Eve have sex with Satan. This brings us to the end of your posts on this, so far. Let's move on and see if we cannot make this a little clearer.
Genesis 3:13. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. The serpent beguiled me; What is the meaning of the word beguiled? #5377 A prime root that means to lead astray, i.e. to delude, or seduce:- beguile, deceive, x greatly, x utterly.
Genesis 4:1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. Verse 2 And she again bare his brother Able. We're going to take a look at this word again: 3254 yacaph A prime root; to add or augment (often adverb to continue to do a thing) Just what was Eve doing that she continued to do? Giving birth, she bare Cain and then continued to give birth to his twin brother Able.
You may be thanking can angles, or other angelic beings get a woman pregnant. The answer is yes you read about it in Genesis 6 and also in the little book of Jude. Hopefully this will help you understand that I am not completely off my rocker.

Mar 17, 2023
3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning

where is beguiled ever used, but in the satanic Septuagint, to which, you seem to be very devoted to?

from our truest and oldest 3rd Century Greek:
3 I fear, however, lest perhaps, as the serpent completely deceived Eve in his craftiness
I have never picked up a copy of the Septuagint let alone read it. But you might be interested to know that Satan is not the only angelic being to have had sex with a woman.
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
This must be part of the Septuagint too because the bible would never say something like this according to you.

Mar 17, 2023
I agree with this. But the serpent seed theology you're proposing is frequently employed by people who are racist.

If that's not you, I apologize.
Thankyou it is not me in any wat shape or form

Mar 17, 2023
I have never picked up a copy of the Septuagint let alone read it. But you might be interested to know that Satan is not the only angelic being to have had sex with a woman.
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
This must be part of the Septuagint too because the bible would never say something like this according to you.
2 Corinthians 11
1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Just who was it that wrote this? Give me a minute I am sure it will come to me. OOOOOO YA It was Paul you know that guy that wrote most of the New Testament he used that word beguiled. Lets see what it means in the Greek 1818 to seduce wholly;-- beguile, deceive

Jun 20, 2022
Which Bible do these Verses you use come from because when I copy/paste and search shows me kjv and like similar Bibles.

The Old Testament is a copy of the Septuagint.

You think you need an actual Septuagint in order to be using one.

You don't even know how Your Bible was assembled and You have the nerve and audacity to think you can TEACH someone when you don't even have a clue what your own Bible is made of?

Boy, it is seriously real in this Thread!!

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Threads like these are to slander the Word, anger members & start arguments. I suggest leaving this thread alone & report the author.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011

the tree of knowledge as far as i can tell means man. adam was the tree of knowledge in the garden. man has knowledge and man produces seed. some sayings have been around longer than we know. numerous euphemisms spring to mind, morning wood for example. its my belief that adam eve and the snake had a sexual experience and then all three tasted the seed of man. aka semen.
if thats too sexual for some people they all sat around eating each others boogers. the point is cannibalism is wrong, regardless of what your eating or drinking, if its from another person you're eating from the tree of knowledge, and we all agree cannibalism is evil.
in whatever form it takes.

you say they couldnt partake of the tree of life which is Christ. even his example of communion, drink of my blood eat of my flesh, was him saying if you insist of eating from someone, instead of eating from the tree of knowledge, eat from him, the tree of life.
once people understand that the tree of knowledge is a ban on cannibalism, we can then apply that to other ways humanity has been continuing feeding on each other symbolically. aka money the root of all evil. roots trees fruits evil. aka the devils inspiration for humanity is money.

also they had sex for a purpose other than procreation. its also why things like masterbation, homsexuality and beastiality are forbiden. it was recreational sex. the purpose of sex is to procreate. its what makes humanity special and unique among Gods creations. sex is a physical expression of a spiritual connection, that can bring forth a new spirit in the flesh. none of the angels or the fallen angels were able to reproduce with each other. even the fallen angels we describe as mythology these days were always sneaking around trying to have sex with people as a way to procreate. personally i feel this was one of the reasons for the rebellion in heaven as many were jelous of our potential to produce new souls in the flesh.

lastly all three were confronted by God in the garden over what they had done, not a single one of them took personal responsibility for their actions. they all just blamed each other. when we stand for judgement before Christ, i dont think we will be able to blame anyone else or so called genetic predispositions for why we were sinners. Jesus died for our sins, better believe he calls us to answer for them. isnt the very essence of confession and repentance a persons taking responsibility for the sins?

could this all have been avoided if just one of those in the garden would have stepped up and said, "sorry father its my fault this happened i knew it was wrong and failed to put a stop to it and wasnt strong enough not to take part in it? isnt the bible asking those who would follow Christ to do exactly that and be led by the Spirit to put to death the sins of the flesh. is the bible trying to teach humanity how to stand up for itself and take some responsibility for how we act and take care of this garden/jungle? or did we turn it into a rat race where we strive to be king of the jungle?

i knew nothing before i asked Jesus for help
duewell
the rainbow connection

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
the tree of knowledge as far as i can tell means man. adam was the tree of knowledge in the garden. man has knowledge and man produces seed. some sayings have been around longer than we know. numerous euphemisms spring to mind, morning wood for example. its my belief that adam eve and the snake had a sexual experience and then all three tasted the seed of man. aka semen.
if thats too sexual for some people they all sat around eating each others boogers. the point is cannibalism is wrong, regardless of what your eating or drinking, if its from another person you're eating from the tree of knowledge, and we all agree cannibalism is evil.
in whatever form it takes.
Where does all this sick interpretation come from?

All of a sudden we seemed to be dealing with a lot of these Serpent seed threads and the like.

These seem to me to be doctrines of demons.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
Where does all this sick interpretation come from?

All of a sudden we seemed to be dealing with a lot of these Serpent seed threads and the like.

These seem to me to be doctrines of demons.
the OP said that christ was the tree of life. christ is the son of God and he was here as a person. if a person can be the tree of life than it would stand to reason that the tree of knowledge is also a person. unless you think the tree of knowledge was a seed bearing tree like apples or oranges in which case wich of those trees shouldn't we eat from? oh thats right no one actually knows. i presented an idea as a comparison of what was said and gave a possibility of how it could be looked at. my post went on to explain what sexual conduct is acceptable and its purpose and how any other recreational sex is sinful. but im planting serpent seeds and demon doctrine?

there is so much in the bible about sexual perversion, i feel we should consider it was sexual perversion in the garden that got those three kicked out. if it was a metaphore for not obeying God then why wasnt the devil stopped instantly for sneaking into the garden? sneaking implies the snake wasn't allowed in and was disobeying God. who would let their children be endangered by the snake? why was the snake so intent on sneaking in there? does the devil tempt people into eating fruit or does the devile tempt people into sexual perversion?

how about the story of Job? God was so proud of Job he was telling angles about it. the devil shows up and God says oh hey where you been? was that rhetorical or comical? or was God showing the angles how the devil thought God didnt know everything? when i read that story i dont think of it as Job being tested. God had already spoken about Jobs faithfulness. so how could it not be true? when i read that story i feel it was the devil being tested and it was God trying to educate the devil to the error of its ways, while showing the angels how evil and cruel the leader of the rebellion actually was. ect ect

if im wrong, so be it, i will answer to Christ as we all do. i don't see the harm in trying to think outside the box and present new ideas. if thats such a crime then could my fellow christians do me a favor and form a SINGLE denomination, bible and church? would that church argue more about the word or the money ? i wonder....

i knew nothing until i asked Jesus for help
duewell
the rainbow connection

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
Carefully read through accounts in the Bible such as at the very start in Genesis 1-3. Take as metaphorical only what cannot be taken as more than metaphor, and take it all seriously. The design in the beginning was perfect and was meant for it, we lose much with being fallen with sin, but we should not stray far from what is meant for us that there can still be. The serpent that came was not necessarily a snake, a serpent can be other things with the same sort of shape. This serpent, also called a dragon, was Satan. The trees mentioned were real, though in this world there is no access to those mentioned anymore.