Music party-should I have it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Hi
the last two years I have hosted a backyard music pool party. I provide a place and equipment for musicians to come play and meet others. People come and listen too. I barbeque hamburgers and have a raffle prize. I ask for $5 donations for the raffle prize. It all sounds big but only about 10 people came last year. Kinda of embarrassing.
I donate the money from the raffle to an organization that builds houses for injured soldiers.
Two of the people from last year asked me if I was doing it again this summer.

So my question: Should I do it again this summer? I get really nervous about hosting it. The music is ok nothing like professional musicians. It cost me money which I don't mind but I get nervous and I get scared about inviting people. And like I mentioned only about 8 people came last year.
Opinions and advice welcomed....thanks

W

wwjd_kilden

I think that's a really cool idea!

I could never organize something like that (neither social nor organized enough :p)

Maybe try advertising in advance? - Use facebook (or ask friends to use it if you don't have it), and other social media

Dec 19, 2009
Hi
the last two years I have hosted a backyard music pool party. I provide a place and equipment for musicians to come play and meet others. People come and listen too. I barbeque hamburgers and have a raffle prize. I ask for $5 donations for the raffle prize. It all sounds big but only about 10 people came last year. Kinda of embarrassing.
I donate the money from the raffle to an organization that builds houses for injured soldiers.
Two of the people from last year asked me if I was doing it again this summer.

So my question: Should I do it again this summer? I get really nervous about hosting it. The music is ok nothing like professional musicians. It cost me money which I don't mind but I get nervous and I get scared about inviting people. And like I mentioned only about 8 people came last year.
Opinions and advice welcomed....thanks
I would suggest you make sure the music isn't so loud that it bothers your neighbors.

G

Galatea

Sure, it sounds like fun. I think a certain amount of nervousness is normal anytime a person hosts an event. Get ideas for decorations from the internet, it is really fun to plan parties and decorate. You could have a luau theme.