My husband cheated I forgive him only to find that he cheated again (Advice please)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Ha! Ha!

You entered on Aug 8, 2015?

Time will teach better...

Welcome to CC, by the way.

B

BarlyGurl

Tourist can only respond according to the current circumstances... apparently he has never encountered Yahweh-nissi or Yahweh-raphe.

K

kaylagrl

Tourist can only respond according to the current circumstances... apparently he has never encountered Yahweh-nissi or Yahweh-raphe.
But we have free will,God cannot make us do anything.Her husband has to be willing to give up his sin.Only he knows the answer to that.

A

atwhatcost

LOL.. "a little dink"? Honey, I have several dings in my armor. :) It's called life and situations. You have several dings in your armor as well. WE ALL DO. :)
Yup. Absolutely. I like it when someone shows me my rough patches. Well, no, kind of don't like it, so I understand you don't like it either. But if we have blind spots, we're not the ones who see them. (Whole problem with blind spots. lol) I've been confronted with my blind spots. Feels a bit worse than poked in the eye, but sometimes, just sometimes, it makes me realize it is a blind spot. Without knowing that, how in the world do I know it needs adjusting?

(Come on. This is where you tell me the answer isn't in the world. It's in God. :D)

I'm not good at prison ministry. I can give you the reasons why, but I didn't come up with all of them on my own. I was told them. All along I thought I was helping, but I wasn't. Doesn't mean I was a bad person. Meant I shouldn't do that. I don't see you as a bad person. I see you as a mighty woman of God. But one blind spot. This.

Good news. You're not the worse. So why am I bugging you? (Pun not intended.) Because I think you might listen. The others won't. They're agenda ridden. You want to help, but you're not. You're heart's in the right place though. I think your strength, (along with your at-most-times sense of humor), is people with disabilities and health problems. That's when you shine! That's when your passion, compassion, and strength in God goes sun-bright. (I'm also not that good at that either. I empathize for obvious reasons, but I tend to go into fix-it mode, which doesn't always happen.)

M

Mitspa

Just want to add a scripture into the mix...

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

for a believer ..all sin is not the same

A

atwhatcost

I think the OP was pretty clear about what is going on. Her husband is cheating on her.Now she has since clarified her belief in God and her repentance, none of which changes the fact that she has a cheating husband and that needs to be dealt with.We only ever know the perspective of the person writing.Her husband isn't here to tell his side,true enough.But I doubt she would bear her soul about her life and her husband if she wasnt in distress.She doesnt give off the vibe of a troll in the least.So I take at face value what she is saying.And my advice is Christian counseling asap whether he agrees to go or he doesn't.She cannot stay with a man that is continuing to sleep around on her.Its dangerous to her health.She needs to pull away and let him know that his cheating is a deal breaker and if he wants her he needs to seek help for his addiction. If he is willing to seek help,great.If not she needs to leave him and continue to pray for him. The Bible allows for divorce in the case of unfaithfulness.

The Bible allows for divorce. It really seems like divorce is THE answer. BUT, Jesus also said that the law for divorce was because of the hardness of man's heart. Whose heart? The husband's heart, the wife's heart, both their hearts? Isn't that a case by case thing? And bigger question, what if God keeps a spouse's heart soft even when being cheated on? He really does that sometimes. God softens our hearts in unusual ways.

That's why I don't usually tell people to walk. (I have. I have when I believe there is physical abuse or there might be polygamy -- the spouse might very well be married to someone else at the same time.) My heart goes with leave the cheater. It really does, but that's God and the person asking's call, not ours.

God answers this question for anyone asking him and willing to seek his answer. This isn't a matter of us telling what to do. It's a matter of God telling what to do. It's a matter of trusting God, not anyone else.

We should be promoting that, not promoting our hearts.

A

atwhatcost

Leave that cheating louse of a husband, get your child and go home. Once there, file for divorce. A husband that loves his wife would not even consider cheating on her, let alone, actually doing it. You are fortunate that you discovered his true nature early in the marriage rather than years down the road. Welcome to CC.
Humongous, deep sigh of frustration!

K

kaylagrl

The Bible allows for divorce. It really seems like divorce is THE answer. BUT, Jesus also said that the law for divorce was because of the hardness of man's heart. Whose heart? The husband's heart, the wife's heart, both their hearts? Isn't that a case by case thing? And bigger question, what if God keeps a spouse's heart soft even when being cheated on? He really does that sometimes. God softens our hearts in unusual ways.

That's why I don't usually tell people to walk. (I have. I have when I believe there is physical abuse or there might be polygamy -- the spouse might very well be married to someone else at the same time.) My heart goes with leave the cheater. It really does, but that's God and the person asking's call, not ours.

God answers this question for anyone asking him and willing to seek his answer. This isn't a matter of us telling what to do. It's a matter of God telling what to do. It's a matter of trusting God, not anyone else.

We should be promoting that, not promoting our hearts.

People are seeking Bible based advice though.Otherwise all our answers here would be "Go ask God" I advised her to pray,to seek council,go to her pastor. I think thats the best advice that can be given in this situation.Also for her healths sake she should abstain.God can soften his heart,if he is open to that.He may have to lose her to realize how much she means to him.

G

Galahad

You are under no obligation to give "likes".
Now why did you have to go and say that!

Jenizona,
BarlyGurl is not always correct. She misspoke here. Okay.

A

atwhatcost

People are seeking Bible based advice though.Otherwise all our answers here would be "Go ask God" I advised her to pray,to seek council,go to her pastor. I think thats the best advice that can be given in this situation.Also for her healths sake she should abstain.God can soften his heart,if he is open to that.He may have to lose her to realize how much she means to him.
If someone is seeking Bible based advise, by very definition, doesn't that mean going to the Bible to seek those answers? If our answers were all Bible based, wouldn't they all be the same?

K

kaylagrl

If someone is seeking Bible based advise, by very definition, doesn't that mean going to the Bible to seek those answers? If our answers were all Bible based, wouldn't they all be the same?

Yes,should be.I gave her Bible advice.I only tell people to divorce in cases of adultery or abuse.That includes mental abuse.I told her to talk to her pastor and seek Christian counseling.Cant get anymore Bible based advice then that.

A

atwhatcost

Yes,should be.I gave her Bible advice.I only tell people to divorce in cases of adultery or abuse.That includes mental abuse.I told her to talk to her pastor and seek Christian counseling.Cant get anymore Bible based advice then that.
Sure it can. The Bible itself. Especially important since she just moved to where she is and hasn't found a church, so your advice gets down to ask a stranger -- aka a pastor.

K

kaylagrl

Sure it can. The Bible itself. Especially important since she just moved to where she is and hasn't found a church, so your advice gets down to ask a stranger -- aka a pastor.
She said she had a pastor,in the town she left.Im sure thats someone she can call and trust.