My whole family is turning on me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

beloved3

This so painful it's ridiculous. I've previously posted that I lost my dad almost 2 months ago. About 3 weeks ago I broke off a lot of communication with my mom because it was abusive and I finally got the guts to tell her no. I sent her a card when she went in for a minor surgery. I sent her a birthday card, but she refused to stop talking to me. But every message was her lashing out. I was a sadist. I was a horrible daughter. How could I call myself a Christian. She cant believe she gave birth to me... And so on... A couple days ago I got an expletive ladent text from my brother abou how he never wanted to speak to me again because I was (and he listed all the stuff my mom has always said). Today I got a letter from my grandmother about me being a judgemental Christian and I should just ignore what my mom says. I have yet to respond. I don't even know that I should.
According to the letter my mom was diagnosed bipolar and told she has kidney problems from being diabetic. I don't know if that's true.
Hi Jordache. When I first became a Chistian, my "perfect" family suddenly turned into a family at war with each other -- and mostly with me. I was called many names.. I was selfish and arrogant and ungrateful and have been questioned several times that if God were with me then how come I have brought discord in our family? But you know what, by God's grace and persevering prayer, my mom got saved a couple of years back and have finally understood the things/truths I stand for. It was a long and painful journey but be in faith sister, always clothe yourself with humility in your interactions with them, continue to love and forgive -- never stop even when it seems impossible. I know it's easier said than done but God works things out ALWAYS for the good of his children. And you are his beloved. Even if everyone turns away from you, you are God's child, his heir, his beautiful bride, his precious one. Imagine the Almighty, the great I am, the maker of all things have his sights set on you. I hope you find comfort in that during this painful time. I will be praying with you and if you need to talk to someone, I will be here. God bless your beautiful heart Jordache.

Katrina

Jul 29, 2012
Luke 12:
Jesus Causes Division

49 “I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! 50 I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. 51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! 52 From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.
53 ‘Father will be divided against son
and son against father;
mother against daughter
and daughter against mother;
and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law
and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’[e]”

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Jordache, I have prayed for you in the past and will continue to pray for you.

Jesus said "Who are my brothers? Who is my mother? These are my mother and my brothers, those who hear the word of God and do it." (Matthew 12:47-49, Mark 3:33-35, and Luke 8:19-21)

And He says what you give up, you will receive a hundred fold in this life. (Mark 10:29-31 and Luke 18:29-31 )

You have family here on CC. And I'm sure God will give you more Christian family. :)

O

oracle2world

"Piling on" is also a popular term used.

Smile, listen, repeat the last few words of their sentences, and let them hear their own words.

Thank them, and get on with your life.