Need help with the bible its an emergancy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Powemm

This is his kingdom, His domain , He is the creator , all sufficient , all seeing , all knowing. God
He is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End.. he is the Head and never the tail.. The first and the last.. You are putting Him
Into " all" the propper positions in your life.. He is Lord and the Authority over It..
I
Am so happy for you Blain.. The heavens are
Going to open up before you.. He is preparing you for
It .. Grooming you into the rythyma
And sounds of His voice above all others..

His words coming as I write this are:
" child child.. You are in a realm of
My kingdom , worry is an act of rebellion .. Do you not know or have you not heard the things of the unknown are secreta of
Mine to reveal to you.. trust in me, I assure you o
Know every step before you take them, I will
Also bring to pass tomorrow as well as your future , for
I the lord
Know the plans I have for you.. rest assure in things you can not see, do
Not hear as it is me gently guiding you into the quietness of
My truth ..remember, my yolk is light and easy.. There is
Never a day , never a moment , never a second , you are out of
My sight.. out of my care, out of my thoughts ... meet me in the secret place of your soul .. See that there is a light I have turned on to meet there with you ... Our secret place .. The very
Place I made my covenant with you ... the ark, the tower.. You stand upon a
Mighty Rock.. Continue in my word , engrave it in your heart , fir it is
My peace I bring and it is my peace I leave with you ... I will never , no never leave you not forsake you .., you are my child and it is in my very own heart I hold you ...

P

pwatcher

new to this site, but not new being in Christ, so my 2cents worth is to dip your toes in the water first. there are 66 books in the bible and some are written for us, but not necessarily to us, if that makes any sense?

I'd suggest you start out 30 minutes per day, working your way through the gospel of John. try to make it a habit, just like brushing your teeth or another more enjoyable activity, lol.

If you get through John, maybe tackle Romans next. If I'm right, you'll have developed an increasing appetite for learning about God and His wonderful plan of redemption for us.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well i have a only read the bible once today, but i also am learning a lot from the little i read. All i know is that there must be a reason i want this so much.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I was just reading the bible about Jesus teaching of oaths and swearing. Apparently ppl back then and sometimes even now actually casually swear and promise things and never intend to keep them. if we tell the truth all the time we will keep having less urge to swear or promise because our word should be enough. Now i made promises to god, i did so with deep feelings for him. I knew i could not fulfill them on my own but i had faith god and i could do it. I had doubts at times if it was perhaps wrong for me to promise instead of saying i will do it and i was battered by some someone about how wrong it was to make a promise to god so that didn't help. However inside i felt god was perfectly okay with it, and i even said to him that regardless if it was wrong to promise i still want him and i to do it. But i think he saw my heart and that is why he was okay with it.

P

Powemm

He sees your heart perfectly , I can't imagine gods excitement ... to have a child of His filled with such passion to know and mature in his grace , love and mercy.. To really know the depths and lengths of His heart.. it has got to overflow with Joy in Him... Such things can only pour out of His heart into you.. his personal wellspring .. Wow... We run to so
Many others for this outpouring .. But to do it with God directly .. It can fall nothing short than amazing ..

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
My Prayer for almost everyday- even if my words do not even say it, i want to know the deeper things of god, i wnat to know him and have a loving Relationship with him this world has never seen before. Actually michelle you know this already because i told you about it, i feel his word may very well be the key to open that door

Apr 14, 2011
Blain, what version of the Bible do you use. Depending on the translation, you might have gotten too comfortable with that, I am right now reading the paraphrase version of the Bible and it is opening up things that I did not even existed in the Bible even though it would have been in the version that I had been reading. I recommend The Message. God bless and stay strong in the Lord, Blain, my fellow brother in Christ!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain, what version of the Bible do you use. Depending on the translation, you might have gotten too comfortable with that, I am right now reading the paraphrase version of the Bible and it is opening up things that I did not even existed in the Bible even though it would have been in the version that I had been reading. I recommend The Message. God bless and stay strong in the Lord, Blain, my fellow brother in Christ!
I am reading: Life application study bible NIV

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I read this verse and i just had to post this. Now if you all recall i posted on here Jesus has my heart and is keeping it there in heaven until i get there. Now the only treasure i think is worth having in heaven is jesus himself. This is why my soul longs to go home so much. I sometimes have the phrase home is where your heart is go through my head sometimes. Idk where i heard it but i believe it. Then just now i read this: Jesus spoke of not seeking earthly treasures but heavenly ones and this here spoke to me- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Is it a mere coincidence i posted about this yesterday and then i read this?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am really glad for today, the bible has helped me so much:]

T

Tintin

I don't suggest reading the Bible straight-through, from Genesis to Revelation. I did that once and it wasn't the greatest. I'm trying a different method for me - several books of the OT, followed by a book of the NT. Continue until finished. That way you get the full message but don't get so caught up so easily on the more difficult books like Leviticus and Numbers.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
blain you can try listening as you read along, there is Bible gateway that you can go to, i listen to the Bible when the word/names are difficult to pronounce and sometimes i love to her the reading of God' word

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well i would love to listen to it too but my pc will not let me hear sound anymore:[ But still, the bible i have is very helpful and i am actually learning so much its crazy.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Do you know what i have learned recently? idk if it was from the bible or just from being with god but i found that when we really let his will be done it turns out great. I said let your will be done and i felt the excitement inside me, I read how Jesus spoke of the cost of following him. I told Jesus once again that I know the cost, And i am not ready yet to take the full cost but i have already lost a friend because i am following him. My mom got mad at me because i gave my 20 dollars to a friend for gas instead of saving it for a book. But i know she doesn't understand why i did it. I did it not only because it's what Jesus would do but because i knew he needed it more than me.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I wanted to post what i learned about mathew when i read. Now When Jesus called Mathew to follow him he did so instantly, now unlike some of the other deciples he knew if he followed Jesus he would be unemployed. Some of the other deciples could always go back to being fishers but as a tax collector he could not go back. Now he didn't know it when he decided to follow Jesus but his skills he learned as a tax collector were going to be used for god. God knew what he was doing when he made Mathew because he was born with an eye that pays attention to details, his pen skills as a tax collector were going to be used for the book of mathew. It made me wonder If god is planning to use my skills like my drawing skills or writing skills as i am a very good writer. Maybe one day i am going to draw what i see on the journeys god has take me or will take me, i remember a lot of the details in the dreams he has given me.

T

trukin

instead of trying to read it have you tried listening to it in audio format? there are some free audio bible online. before i lost my mp3 player I would listen to at least one book/chapter of scripture a day. you can listen to the whole Bible in about a month that way.

Free Audio Bible to Download Listen or Read Online

God bless and keep you Blain :) hugs :)

I agree with ariel. i'm not much of a reader myself. i can listen and comprehend better by listening to audio books and it holds my attention better. i have a bible app on my android phone and i can choose several versions to listen to. i prefer the king james. i am a truck driver, so i have alot of time on my hands while i drive to be able to listen. i have listened to the entire bible once already and have started over to listen again. but i do have to give myself a break once in a while and i will listen to iheart radio christian talk radio which helps to reinforce and add to my learning.