Needing help, prayers, and advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jullom

I have been having some real troubles in my life to the point that i'm just wanting to die and feeling like god doesn't want to even try to help me. I've been looking for a job for about 4 yrs now and have only had one job through a temp service for 2 months. I've already told multiple people that if i don't find a job in 3 months that i was just going to end my life because i'll just end up becoming deaf in about 5 yrs anyway. I just don't know what to do i've been doing everything i can to find work but there is nothing out there for someone without a car or work history.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Do not end your life no matter what happens. Your life is a gift. Do not throw it away. Do you have friends to talk to? There are lots of people here willing to listen. Message me if you need to talk through your feelings. It sounds like you have entered a state of depression that has to do with your circumstance. Your circumstance is not permanent so do not give this temporary problem the permanent "solution" of ending your life. Find a Christian counselor to talk to. God can help you find a job when the time is right. In the mean time, are you provided for? Do you have food to eat? And a place to live? If not, then research the resources in your area. If there are none or you just want new opportunity, then consider moving to a different area. If so, then praise God for that. Your life has a great deal of value with or without a job. I pray you could know your worth and high value as a child of God. God is love, and we love you as our friend in Christ. God bless!

Luke 12:7, "Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows."

Last edited:

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
This can't be easy for anyone to go through and we can give you only our prayers that the Lord will hold you fast. And keep you in the moments with Him. Hold fast to Who He is and His care always promised to you.

I caution you not to let your mind race ahead to tomorrow - even Jesus said "Take no thought of tomorrow". Let each day unfold as it does and look for signs from the Lord. There will be touches of His grace. Each morning, say a little prayer of thanksgiving for the care He will give you that day. The Lord will respond.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Check your list. Is all well between you and God? Then stand by faith. Listen for His still small voice. Take the job He opens up,for you. Be faithful to it. He will take you to something better in due season. Be faithful with a little the word says. These are the things I clung to years ago. They work.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
I was without a job a few years ago......it seems no one wants someone my age......my work
experience includes ...forklift and construction jobs.....and no one wants an old person especially a woman...so I was without any prospects.....kind of hopeless or though I thought.....
I thank God for finding me the job that He wants for me.....that I would trust Him to chose my path...
I went online and filled out every application I could....within days I got a call......when I walked in the store....there were customers in the back table having bible study.......well this must be the place.....
I sat down for my interview relaxed and confidant....before it was over the man leaned in and said...
I just want you to know I have already decided to hire you.....but we have to finish the interview....
so have heart my young brother....if an old unexperiance woman can find her a job.....you will too.
With the faith you have and the love for Christ .....you can soar.....never to be defeated.....
always the victor....the war has been won....the only one who can stop you.......is you.....
you have your tools.....use them for what God has given to us for.....may you find what you seek
My young brother...we are here for you.....peace....jo

B

butterfly712

do not end your life,pray,talk to family and friends,go to church,anything that you can do,do,but don't end your life.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation. Even though you feel this has gone on forever, God does love you and has a purpose and a job for you.

Please seek help for your depression. What started out as a failed job search has turned into serious depression. If you get help, you may become more positive, and employers will see that. And do fill out those applications!

Praying for you to get help and to find a job.

J

jullom

very few friends, very little to eat, and barely have a place to live. I've been trying to get a job for 4 yrs now and this is what i get. I can't move bc my spouse won't do that due to her family.

inge

Jun 23, 2012
Are there persons you can go to for emotional support? I have had a worse situation and my family did help me. Are you going to a (nice) church? They might be able to help you there.

When you get into a bad situation than often depressed feelings also start and we see no light at all anymore. It happens even with steady Christians. Especially when you get alone in such a situation you feel like it is all dragging you down.

What did and still does help me is to remind myself how God has helped me and others in the past. That in the war God helped my grants (although things were really bad than) and also after the war when they were married and life was hard, God has helped them. They are now over 80 and still living and able to testify that God helps. God is there - we might not see Him, but He is.

Dear Father, wrap this man in your loving arms. That he may be protected from the attacks of the enemy. He needs strength o Lord. And he needs wisdom and provision in his situation. You can do the impossible. And we believe you will step into his situation.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart fails: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:23-26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:35-39

May 3, 2013
Dios! Ayuda a este hombre, por favor. Tú sabes todo y, ese problema no es sólo suyo, sino de millares de personas en el planeta.

Please, show him the way to sort it out soon. And lessen his emotional pains, please!

C

Cameron

I've been having a lot of depression an the loneliness is taking over me I have zero confidence no one knows but god I try an cover it with a smile no one has noticed it.. And I sorta feel like no on cares but go an I done want to burned someone with my problems.

U

Ugly

I've been having a lot of depression an the loneliness is taking over me I have zero confidence no one knows but god I try an cover it with a smile no one has noticed it.. And I sorta feel like no on cares but go an I done want to burned someone with my problems.
Have you noticed the contradiction in your behavior? 'I hide how i feel' then say 'no one cares'. How can anyone care if you don't show them there's a problem?

B

Brighthouse

Brother Jullom from Kansas, I am not about to blow any smoke upon your back,that things will be all right.Because our situation never becomes all right, until our mindset is! This is not about mind over matter either! But like you,what kept me homeless for 3 years was the fact that my thoughts ran just like yours are doing now.

I was a believer back then to! I was feeling very sorry for myself,i stopped praying because i found no use in asking the same thing each and everyday! I forsook my self! That is just what the enemy wanted!( john 10:10) he steals from you, then!!!( john 8:44) lies about how it got taken!

I fell for it for a while bro,because in truth,i wanted an excuse for myself! I am not saying this is true of you bro!! I am just speaking for me! Finally I just got very mad! And told myself I am not going to endure another day of thinking this way! A brother met me on the street, and told me this verse bro which I pass along to you.( psalm 27:13!) I would have despaired had I NOT BELIEVED,that I WOULD SEE the GOODNESS of GOD in the land of the LIVING!!! Our only work bro,no matter what!( john 6:28-29)

And so staying in God's Word everyday, Holy Spirit,was teaching me( 1 john 2:27)because I was paying attention, Holy Spirit began to teach and train my mind to be different. Within 30 days things began to drastically change! Miracle upon miracle was happening to me!! I kid you not! I got a place, and a job,found a fine church,and God was restoring me back in life to what he was showing me I was already in my own mindset!

I saw in my mind, myself out of problems bro,through his Word and speaking his Word out loud!( example matt 4:1-11) Jesus being God in the flesh spoke his own word!Over the enemy!( psalm 138:2) When we his children DO THIS!! We receive the very same results! I dear brother was learning accountability!! AND!! How to remain that way! If we take our own life,we have not only hurt ourself bro,but think of all the people around you,that you could have helped! We could indeed cause others to stumble because you, yes you brother,would have been the only person who could have helped another person in your area!

Life is not about us,but true we do need to become stable in life,and this always starts in our mindset bro! always!( col 3:2) Feeling sorry for ourself never works,and only makes us feel even worse! I know! Life is, nor is ever promised to be fair! BUT Jesus is fair and just!

He just wants men and women to have strong courage against all the odds of the world!He wants us to totally depend upon him bro! Not easy for me to do! I had been on my own since I was 16! I did not like the rules of the house,nor did I ever wish to abide in any! Even after Jesus saved me out of a mop closet in college i still had great problems in becoming accountable in both word and deed!SO!!

I suffered because of my own fault! I blame no one! That is what the enemy wants you to do though! A man or woman will never ever have authority in Christ Jesus, until they learn to take it!( matt 11:12!!!) Luke 10:19-20!) Getting angry is far better then tears,because anger can motivate one to do something! I hope you will consider this brother,because after now 38 years in Christ Jesus,i sure do depend upon my Jesus every single day of my life! Jesus made a true believer out of me,and sure can make one out of you!!( acts 10:34!)

He sure does NOT love me a bit more then he does you! BUT YOU!!!!! Have to believe this! You will know when you do bro, because your and suddley will come just as mine did!!( Acts 16:22-26!!!!) verse 26 comes when we believe!And when we believe we speak to! He opens the prison doors for us bro! I can confirm this!Blessing always to you,and remember his comfort is lasting!!( 2 cor 1:3-7!!)