New here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2023
Hello all! I just really embraced my faith a few months ago after finding a church that really spoke to me. I was raised as a Christian but always felt skeptical and never fully embraced it until now. After I found this church, I've also decided to read through the bible so I can learn more about what I've been so skeptical about all this time. I've really enjoyed the bible study part so far! I have a couple different study bibles, and also a 52 week guide to read the bible in a year. I've also been using the UVersion Bible app since it has been handy to be able to listen to the bible while I'm doing some other things and may not be able to read during those times otherwise. I'm pretty sure at this rate that I may actually finish before I get to the 1 year mark, which is kind of exciting, although I suspect already that I'll want to re-read once I'm done since I will have a different perspective by the time I'm done.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
before I get to the 1 year mark, which is kind of exciting, although I suspect already that I'll want to re-read once I'm done since I will have a different perspective by the time I'm done.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Yes, while "growing In God's Wonderful Grace" perspectives may even
change several times as baby, youth, and adolescence In The LORD,
matures into adulthood 😇 ( and Much More "to learn" in Eternity? ),

God's Inexhaustible Mine of Precious 'Gems'! Amen.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

^ Gospel of John

Have you heard of the Alpha Course @PurpleTXmom ?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)

Jun 6, 2023

^ Gospel of John

Have you heard of the Alpha Course @PurpleTXmom ?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)
I haven't heard of the Alpha Course, is that what these videos are all about? I'll check them out.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I haven't heard of the Alpha Course, is that what these videos are all about? I'll check them out.
The first video is a word for word telling/portrayal of the Gospel of John, and very well done .:)

The last three videos are shown during the Alpha Course, which is regularly hosted by multiple churches
interdenominationally pretty much all around the world since its inception many years ago. The course
invites seekers and Christians to deepen their understanding of Biblical truths, in a safe environment
where questions are welcomed. The vids usually get shown after a shared meal together
.:D
Then there is question/answer/discussion and it is all done weekly until the videos are all seen.

The Alpha Course holds a special place in my heart because it was while I was first attending
such that I realized I had finally surrendered my opposition to God, and was then baptized...

BeeBlessed

Jun 1, 2023
Hello all! I just really embraced my faith a few months ago after finding a church that really spoke to me. I was raised as a Christian but always felt skeptical and never fully embraced it until now. After I found this church, I've also decided to read through the bible so I can learn more about what I've been so skeptical about all this time. I've really enjoyed the bible study part so far! I have a couple different study bibles, and also a 52 week guide to read the bible in a year. I've also been using the UVersion Bible app since it has been handy to be able to listen to the bible while I'm doing some other things and may not be able to read during those times otherwise. I'm pretty sure at this rate that I may actually finish before I get to the 1 year mark, which is kind of exciting, although I suspect already that I'll want to re-read once I'm done since I will have a different perspective by the time I'm done.
Welcome, @PurpleTXmom ! So glad you’ve joined us, and I love the eager anticipation in the tone of your intro! The Bible is definitely the most exciting, inspiring, revealing, loving, and hopeful book on the planet, and I’m sure you’ll read it many times in many versions before you’re done. Well, actually, once you really fall in love with Jesus and fully appreciate the way He has prepared for us, you’ll never be done. Our Father just has a way of showing us new things all the time…. :) Anyway…. It’s a joy to have you here.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC!!! I love expanding my study of the Word also and have a few old-timers I like to listen to at night as I relax. Have fun browsing the Forums and jump in when you're ready. God bless & keep you always!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome to CC, dear sister P! :)(y):coffee:

Jun 6, 2023
The first video is a word for word telling/portrayal of the Gospel of John, and very well done .:)

The last three videos are shown during the Alpha Course, which is regularly hosted by multiple churches
interdenominationally pretty much all around the world since its inception many years ago. The course
invites seekers and Christians to deepen their understanding of Biblical truths, in a safe environment
where questions are welcomed. The vids usually get shown after a shared meal together
.:D
Then there is question/answer/discussion and it is all done weekly until the videos are all seen.

The Alpha Course holds a special place in my heart because it was while I was first attending
such that I realized I had finally surrendered my opposition to God, and was then baptized...

I got about halfway through the first Alpha video (I'm about to finish now) and then had to do some other things, but I already shared the link to my daughter (14) because she doesn't understand why suddenly this whole church/bible/faith thing became pretty real for me. To her, this came from nowhere. Her dad (my ex husband) was not in any way religious or following any faith, and since I was very passive about it all at that time, it wasn't a big deal. I've explained to my kids their whole life that my side of the family is all Christian. We have prayers before big holiday meals where we get together, and most all of the rest of the family goes to church regularly. I'm working on connecting with my daughter through this so she can understand me and explore her own faith more. I brought her to the women's night at my church right before mother's day and it was a really great experience for her, but clearly not life-changing just yet. For now, I will just keep talking with her and sharing what I'm doing.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
After I found this church, I've also decided to read through the bible so I can learn more about what I've been so skeptical about all this time. I've really enjoyed the bible study part so far!
Welcome to ChristianChat, PurpleTXmom! It's very good that you're reading through the Bible.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I got about halfway through the first Alpha video (I'm about to finish now) and then had to do some other things, but I already shared the link to my daughter (14) because she doesn't understand why suddenly this whole church/bible/faith thing became pretty real for me. To her, this came from nowhere. Her dad (my ex husband) was not in any way religious or following any faith, and since I was very passive about it all at that time, it wasn't a big deal. I've explained to my kids their whole life that my side of the family is all Christian. We have prayers before big holiday meals where we get together, and most all of the rest of the family goes to church regularly. I'm working on connecting with my daughter through this so she can understand me and explore her own faith more. I brought her to the women's night at my church right before mother's day and it was a really great experience for her, but clearly not life-changing just yet. For now, I will just keep talking with her and sharing what I'm doing.
I am so glad to hear you are watching them and sharing them with your daughter. Fourteen seems to be
a critical age, since by fifteen (isn't that the benchmark?
.:unsure:) kids know everything and therefore cannot
be told a thing. I hope if nothing else that it helps her understand how important this issue is and has been
for millennia = the universal search for meaning and purpose in life. She may have started questioning things
like this for herself as well. It's great you can talk to her about your own life experiences. My own daughter
was nineteen when I was coming to faith, and had no interest in going to church or anything like that, but
was always open to listening to me share my experiences and interests in that regard, without arguing with
me about any of it or offering counter views or saying things like her dad would, about there being no God.

Jun 6, 2023
I am so glad to hear you are watching them and sharing them with your daughter. Fourteen seems to be
a critical age, since by fifteen (isn't that the benchmark?
.:unsure:) kids know everything and therefore cannot
be told a thing. I hope if nothing else that it helps her understand how important this issue is and has been
for millennia = the universal search for meaning and purpose in life. She may have started questioning things
like this for herself as well. It's great you can talk to her about your own life experiences. My own daughter
was nineteen when I was coming to faith, and had no interest in going to church or anything like that, but
was always open to listening to me share my experiences and interests in that regard, without arguing with
me about any of it or offering counter views or saying things like her dad would, about there being no God.
@Magenta My husband and I watched a movie on Amazon a couple of weeks ago that I also thought might be interesting for my kids to watch. The movie is called God's Not Dead (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B085RQ2Z7G/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r ) and it is a Kevin Sorbo movie where Kevin plays an atheist professor who challenges his class on day 1 to sign a pledge to agree that god is dead so he can proceed with the premise of his philosophy class. One student will not comply and takes on the challenge to prove the class and possibly the professor wrong. Although the acting is questionable, the message is a really cool one and it's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I haven't get gotten my kids to watch it yet, but if they don't do it on their own we'll probably all watch it together sometime soon. I've been really interested in watching some faith-based movies recently. The whole movie element came into play because my mom recommended the Jesus Revolution movie since she embraced her faith back in the 70s at the Calvary Church that is mentioned in that movie. She and my dad were baptized at that beach mentioned in the movie and Chuck Smith was who married my mom and dad.