New to this... my wife left me after 13 years

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
The feeling of betrayal is overwhelming.

U

Ugly

May want to post in the family section. This section is for introducing yourself and you may not get many responses.

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Thanks, I sort of had a feeling this was a bad idea.

U

Ugly

Not a bad idea to come to the site, no. I'm just giving you useful information that will help you get more responses.
I've never been married, so I can't give much to you myself, at this point. But others may, just put it where they will see it is all.

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hello! Welcome to CC :) I actually don't know what to tell you... but I'll pray to God to give you strength and peace of mind you need to deal the situation graciously and I also will pray to give you comfort,healing and guidance to deal with your hurt and pain... God bless you brother Eric79 :)

If that is your name ... You and my brother share the same name :)

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Thank you, sweetmorningdew, what's painful is I believe The Lord will restore but there is no indication of this. We have a large family, 7 children, we're both 34, yes we started young but we've known each other since we were 7 years old. There is so much value in our marriage and family that she is not willing acknowledge.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have an understanding about these members and there are others here who have related similar horror stories so you're not alone in this. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

L

LostRider

Hey man. I have been married going on 25 years. I'll share something with you. I almost left my wife last year. I was going thru some trials myself. She stuck by me and helped me. I had no remorse for how my decision was going to affect her. So maybe she is going thru trials herself. Hopefully, time will heal all wounds

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
The feeling of betrayal is overwhelming.
I've heard people say that going through a messy divorce can be worse than the death of a spouse. I'm not sure I entirely agree with that. But it shows just how painful a divorce can be.

Hang in there, friend. I pray for strength for you while you are working your way through this.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Thank you, sweetmorningdew, what's painful is I believe The Lord will restore but there is no indication of this. We have a large family, 7 children, we're both 34, yes we started young but we've known each other since we were 7 years old. There is so much value in our marriage and family that she is not willing acknowledge.
Eric, Take heart. Some friends of mine separated after about 12 years or more marriage. She left him. He was heartbroken but believed God for the healing and the strength to do what was right. One day he went to a lawyer who said, "You're going to pay through the nose for this. SHe's not coming back." To which my friend pulled out a small Gideon bible and he stood strong saying, "This book says differently". Two weeks later, after having a revelation from God that she was coming back, he and the children heard a knock at the door. There she was. It took time to heal. They just celebrated 33 years of marriage this year. Decide to stand on the authority you have and the promises of God, if that's what you want, I believe she'll return. Praying for you all. -student

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Amazing words of encouragement, thank you brother and sisters. I would like to mention how I've taken this opportunity to allow Jesus to work in me with the things I've held in my heart since childhood. Shortly after my wife left I felt I needed help to save our marriage with my primary focus on my marriage, after a couple of sessions I realized I needed Jesus to work deeper within me, today was my 6th session, The Lord blessed me with a sister in Christ to counsel me in many different areas that I thought I could handle with my own strength throughout my life. I've never sought support from anyone to help me deal with issues I've battled. At first I felt awkward reaching out here, I still have moments where I feel I am in despair but today we had a breakthrough with an issue I'll soon be better prepared to share. Student, Prov910, LostRider, Tourist, thank you for your warm replies, I can't express enough how helpful and encouraging it is to read what you all have shared. Thank you!

Sep 11, 2017
hi Eric179, it is indeed a painful moments... but like others said, just pray to God and believe that your wife will return for God when he unites a couple and that bond:) is till the death

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!
Also yes any betrayal is tough I can imagine in a relationship that feeling is amplified,just try not to dwell on this betrayal and keep moving forward alongside God,for there are more blessings in your future to come so think of it as a bad memory and try to move past it.

N

NewlydivorcedChristianmom

Believe me, I understand how you feel.
Betrayal is the hardest thing to get over.
Your trust is broken along with your heart.
You feel like everyone is untrustworthy and that at some time they too will break your heart.
I've been there and still fight the loneliness and anger.
God is here.
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Read some of His promises.
I hope this helps.
Ask God to help you learn to trust again.

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hey Bro Eric sorry for my late reply :) I was checking on here and saw that you have replied back to me. Thank you. I believe that marriage as a lifetime commitment and I am happy to hear from you that you are hoping for reconciliation :) Give your trust to God cling to God. Humbly pray for your marriage. Hold on to your faith hold on to hope and keep trusting the Lord. HE is the restorer of all things and nothing is too hard to the LORD. HE will going to restore back your marriage even if for us reconciliation is not possible. He will heal any emotional wounds in your marriage and you and your wife will be together again as one as husband and wife :)

Yayy 7 children :) beautiful! We are a big family too I have 8 siblings :)

God bless you and your family :)

Last edited:

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I feel your pain brother... I can definitely relate and have tremendous empathy for you and your family. I pray that you and your family find the peace that you so desperately deserve... Keep your faith and trust in the lord and his master plan...
God Bless

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Thank you, this is the encouragement I need to press on in The Lord, to trust in Him in what He can do, not what I try to do, I have clearly failed somewhere but He never fails. Thank you again!

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, Eric. This is a hard thing to go through after 13 years of togetherness. I just said a prayer for you and your wife, asking God to bring healing and hope to your marriage. May He be the strength of your heart and your refuge. I know your situation isn’t easy right now, but stay strong. Sending prayers your way!

EricJ79

Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Thank you (littlestarsmum), I am grateful for your prayers. I also speak on behalf of my children as well who are hurting and also praying for our family, they offer up their own prayers, The Lord has given us hope in His promises and His will. We will trust in Him. God bless!