New

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 7, 2023
Got to thinking last night. I have realized that the reason why the community at Rapture Forums is as close knit as it is, is so much because of Chris and everything he did to make the forum what it was. I think he cared very much about the forum and about us—- he probably even cared too much. I realize that shutting it down was totally out of character for him. People make rash decisions when they are exhausted and at their wit's end. I know I have. Chris, if you see this, I forgive you. My dear brother. You gave up so much of your time and energy to provide such a great oasis for us. More sacrifice than I’ll ever know. Thank you so much for everything. May the Lord bless you and keep you and give you good health. Stay encouraged. See you soon dear brother. Much love to you.

May 9, 2023
Got to thinking last night. I have realized that the reason why the community at Rapture Forums is as close knit as it is, is so much because of Chris and everything he did to make the forum what it was. I think he cared very much about the forum and about us—- he probably even cared too much. I realize that shutting it down was totally out of character for him. People make rash decisions when they are exhausted and at their wit's end. I know I have. Chris, if you see this, I forgive you. My dear brother. You gave up so much of your time and energy to provide such a great oasis for us. More sacrifice than I’ll ever know. Thank you so much for everything. May the Lord bless you and keep you and give you good health. Stay encouraged. See you soon dear brother. Much love to you.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
THIS - a B'ZILLION-B'ZILLION-B'ZILLION times over

and people post stupid things when exhausted . . . I think a lot of people on RF were overwhelmed by all sorts of things, and since RF was a safe place, people forgot to think sometimes, especially when trying to help one another.

May 8, 2023
. I think he cared very much about the forum and about us—- he probably even cared too much.
His biggest concern was people getting deceived by sneaky false teachings through his board/his watch. That’s why he always led a tight ship as far as rules and such. He didn’t have time to read every link or vet videos and PMing had led to board dissensions in the past so he definitely has legit reasons for all of it.

I hope he is getting some rest! I think the Lord is using all this for good - for us and for Chris! ❤️

May 7, 2023
Maybe on the searchable thread, it would help to shout out the screen names of people we remember?
HEY ATHENASIUS from Rapture Forums, that shut down! Come over here to Christianchat.com!!
I wrote to Jack Hibbs, Jan Markell, Pete Garcia, Todd Strandburg and Terry James this AM, and asked if they might mention on their broadcasts and sites that former RFers are meeting here now. Also left a few Signpost comments in current YT videos like PPOV and Jan's show that I know many follow.

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
I wrote to Jack Hibbs, Jan Markell, Pete Garcia, Todd Strandburg and Terry James this AM, and asked if they might mention on their broadcasts and sites that former RFers are meeting here now. Also left a few Signpost comments in current YT videos like PPOV and Jan's show that I know many follow.
That is a good idea getting the word out in many areas can help bring RF people here. I got up this morning to find SarahRose on here. Such great news to see people coming in, and hopefully many more. We had a wonderful family at RF, and don't want to lose that. We are making new friends at CC.
Yes, sorry to say he passed away. I am glad before he did I posted on his prayer thread. I had some conversations with him. Looking forward to meeting (y)(y) him in heaven some day.

SarahRose

May 11, 2023
That is a good idea getting the word out in many areas can help bring RF people here. I got up this morning to find SarahRose on here. Such great news to see people coming in, and hopefully many more.
Yes!! I stumbled upon CC after searching through Google trying to see if anyone was talking about what happened to RF...I'm going to start spreading the word on YouTube. I think SpartanSprinter and athenasius (and probably more) both watch the PPOVs so I'll be sure to comment on tomorrow's.

May 7, 2023
His biggest concern was people getting deceived by sneaky false teachings through his board/his watch. That’s why he always led a tight ship as far as rules and such. He didn’t have time to read every link or vet videos and PMing had led to board dissensions in the past so he definitely has legit reasons for all of it.

I hope he is getting some rest! I think the Lord is using all this for good - for us and for Chris! ❤️
I always appreciated the rules even if they got on my nerves sometimes. Haha. I always knew he meant well.

May 7, 2023
Yes!! I stumbled upon CC after searching through Google trying to see if anyone was talking about what happened to RF...I'm going to start spreading the word on YouTube. I think SpartanSprinter and athenasius (and probably more) both watch the PPOVs so I'll be sure to comment on tomorrow's.
I dropped YT comments too, then saw your post about how they were removed almost instantly, went back and sure enough, poof, gone. Does Chris work for YT? That was WEIRD.

May 9, 2023
I dropped YT comments too, then saw your post about how they were removed almost instantly, went back and sure enough, poof, gone. Does Chris work for YT? That was WEIRD.
Some ministries don't allow what amounts to an ad for another ministry to be posted in comments on their sites, UTube channels, etc.
and . . . UTube, like many other platforms and sites, is growing less accepting and tolerant of Christian posts and ads.

May 29, 2023
Planet Earth
Hi Magenta. Most of the people there were really interested in Eschatology, so there was a tremendous feeling of unity and purpose there, it felt like a family gathering. There was also a current affairs sub forum to discuss news items from a biblical perspective and a prayer requests forum, which was really valuable. Some of the folks I think were vulnerable, disabled or with health challenges, isolated or on their own, or not able to find a local church, so it was a lifeline for many. It would be heart-breaking for them to log in and suddenly find their support network was gone. God willing many will find their way here, a new, welcoming spiritual home. God Bless You :)
I was a member at RF for some time; Chris ended up booting me a while back for disagreeing with him on an issue. I'm still in contact with Mattfivefour though; we've been friends for many years. One member I lost contact with on RF was Bygodsgrace; she was a gentle soul who left after a dust up with another RF member upset her. :( Thankfully, I found several former members here! :D