No direction?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 1, 2013
I have been contemplating a lot recently about the direction I am going in life.

I left school and went straight into work (for financial reasons as well) and have been just working here and there on several jobs over the last years. Get into interesting jobs that come up or that I go and find. But after this time, I am beginning to realise I do not have a clear direction in life. I have been thinking about going into further education - but I do not know what I want to do. It is a big part of myself I guess I have not realised yet.

Is anyone else going through or have been through something similar?

I would love to hear some advice.

K

kenisyes

I felt that way when I was your age. I still feel the same way now. Fortunately, in the mean time, God has done a lot with me, so I keep busy doing things He showed me I could do. If you think you might enjoy something, try it. That's a lot how God confirms things at your age.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

Been there, done that. Im sure u do realize that education is important. Seek Gods guidance. Maybe your church members can help u with ur finances. Maybe one of them knows somebody from the government or any institution that supports free schooling. If u cant get free schooling do not lose hope. Maybe ur meant to work. Then Later u can study again. Trust God! Have faith!

H

hattiebod

I have been contemplating a lot recently about the direction I am going in life.

I left school and went straight into work (for financial reasons as well) and have been just working here and there on several jobs over the last years. Get into interesting jobs that come up or that I go and find. But after this time, I am beginning to realise I do not have a clear direction in life. I have been thinking about going into further education - but I do not know what I want to do. It is a big part of myself I guess I have not realised yet.

Is anyone else going through or have been through something similar?

I would love to hear some advice.
Sometimes its useful to follow what really interests you...even if it seems a 'bit out there'. My Godson was going to start uni to do engineering, decided the day before he was due to start that he wanted to try and be a pilot...never flown a plane in his life! (parents took a deep breath and supported him best they could) there was no money to finance it but...12 years later he is a 2nd officer with Cathay Pacific based in Hong Kong! He worked 3 jobs, moved to Oz to get the hours in and did it! so i would just say dream big, follow what you like, whats interests you, there lies your passion :) you have loads of time...you may go down some dead ends but its all experience. I wish you all the very best! I think its great you are not settling :) we should never do that! I changed career at 40!! I now get paid to do what I truly love. Life is too precious to stagnate! God Bless you, <><

K

kittycat7

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

S

Samohito

WhiteWolfOfTheBlackForest said:
I have been contemplating a lot recently about the direction I am going in life. I left school and went straight into work (for financial reasons as well) and have been just working here and there on several jobs over the last years. Get into interesting jobs that come up or that I go and find. But after this time, I am beginning to realise I do not have a clear direction in life. I have been thinking about going into further education - but I do not know what I want to do. It is a big part of myself I guess I have not realised yet. Is anyone else going through or have been through something similar? I would love to hear some advice.
I also been there when i was just graduated from high school. I can't go to university due to family financial problems. I have to STOP thinking about school even though one of the university has accepted me as student with 40 % scholarship. I was felt very sad at that time, felt so stress, angry, asked GOD! I must be a part of this poor family..? I hate my mom, i hate my brothers & sisters. But God really love me, really care to me, One of our relative, i called him my uncle (he is a Pastor ) , was told me and encourage me for not so sad, not angry , not hate my parents. He said God really care to me, God really love me, for now you do not understand what God has planned for me, God always has the best for me, you have to realize,be patient and keep your faith in God. I decide to STOP thinking about my university and I go to another city to find any job. Praise God! I got a nice job, meet nice people, caring and friendly. I start to learn, i have opportunity free traveling to other countries from my company, I learned many things at work, and I can save money and help my parent in every month. Finally after 3 years work, i can going back to university, and taking part time working. I finished my study and graduated as bachelor degree. I feel so happy. God really care and has the best planning in my life. I realized that what my uncle said its TRUE. I don't understand why God put me into stress, angry when i can't go to university. This is the small exam to me, so i can be more mature, more be ready to understand God's planning in my life. I only can suggest you, don't STOP hoping in God! be patient, having faith and do your best and let God do rest !. I'm sure God will always care and watching you and give you the best.

Last edited: