No longer want to be considered a "Christian"...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2012
I put my two cents in on a forum thread today (on a secular mom/baby/birth board) about how to handle the topic of homosexuality when your children start to ask questions.

I've been monitoring it all day and reading people's responses to the topic itself and to see what they say about my reply. As you might expect most replies were pro-gay, love is love no matter who it is, blah blah blah. Well, out of 130+ replies so far and at least 80 different people, about 5 of us said that we would stick up for our Biblical roots and teach our children that being gay is something God doesn't approve of...BUT to treat everyone the same regardless. Basically: love the person but not the sin.

So... getting to the topic's title... I do not want to be considered a "Christian" anymore because... of the 75ish other people who were pro-gay and "it's not a choice, just let everyone believe what they want, don't be a homophobe, etc etc" SOOOO many said "I'm a Christian BUT!.." "I'm a Christian BUT.." and most of those ladies went on to say that they only go to churches that teach love and equality to all. Or they are a Christian but they don't go to church or practice anything that they've been taught.

I'm rambling.. but I want a new "name" to go by. All of these extremelyyyyyyyy liberal "Christians" who say that basically they love God but ANYTHING and EVERYTHING goes because God is a god of love and nothing more.. give us all a bad name.

They won't stop calling themselves Christians because they honestly believe that it's okay to be a Christian and follow only the nice, fluffy, rainbowy, love parts of the Bible. So the God-loving, God-fearing folks who realize that all of the Bible is truth and don't pick and choose need something else to go by. (I know none of us are perfect... but come on! God is loving but also jealous and just. There is more to Christianity than God loves everyone... He sure does! But He also wants us to obey certain things so that we can experience every blessing He has in store for us & for us to fulfill His plan for our lives.)

I don't want to be known as a Christian anymore!

Most who profess Christ today are not real saints, as you described, Christianity in a mess!

A Saint or an aint?

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow(obey) Me.

Either you are one or the other, no such things as a sinning saint! A saint is walking in the present tense with Christ, being obedient, pure in heart and deed, and listening to His voice, then they follow Him on the narrow road. Luke 9-23-24.

Luke 9:23 And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
Luke 9:24 For whoever will save his life shall lose it, but whoever will lose his life for My sake, he shall save it.

A real saint as described in the Bible has crucified his flesh with Christ, Galatians 2-20,

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith(obedience) toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf.

Once and for all, hence I have been crucified, and thus they now walk in newness of life, 2 Corinthians 5-17.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

Cleansed and purified of all willful sin, through a real repentance and faith. 2 Corinthians 7-10-11.

2Co 7:10 For the grief according to God works repentance to salvation, not to be regretted, but the grief of the world works out death.
2Co 7:11 For behold this same thing (you being grieved according to God); how much it worked out earnestness in you; but also defense; but also indignation; but also fear; but also desire; but also zeal; but also vengeance! In everything you approved yourselves to be clear (pure) in the matter.

They must remain diligent and faithful to the truth, obey from the heart, and keep themselves undefiled from the world and its false ways! 1 John 2-15-17.

1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

You are not a saint without actually doing the works of righteousness(doing what is right) Jesus didn’t obey for you, but made a way, through His bold example for us to follow, He said His sheep follow Him and His steps and ways, which leads to eternal life. But sadly most churches teaches Jesus did it all for them, He took their place, and a real Christian is actually a sinner, but called a saint because they believe in Jesus!

Rom 8:4 So that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

It’s simple, obedience matters, those who count the cost and endure to the end will inherit eternal life, as you walk in the spirit, and not the flesh, walking as Jesus walked, in sincerity, purity and love!

A real saint will not be perfect as some think perfection is( as perfect as God) BUT will be living the crucified life, that only comes through repentance and faith both proven by deeds! And these deeds include obeying Jesus from the heart, abstaining from all appearances of evil, departing from iniquity, counting the cost, and most of all, crucifying your flesh with Christ once and for all, not because He did it for you, but because He commands you to do it, and a real saint will never argue in favor of sin!

Gal 5:24 But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Tommy

Many will say this way is too difficult, and will come up with many excuses why they can’t obey and follow Jesus on the narrow road, but Jesus made it perfectly clear when He said, strive to enter the narrow gate, where the professing church says, it’s done for you, you cannot obey God, and to fear Him isn't important, just believe all is done, you do nothing but trust it has been done for you! Does this sound like the narrow way Jesus preached in the word?

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

N

Nancyer

I was just telling someone this the other day. The term "Christian" is way over-used.

As for the gay thing I never argue about homosexual marriage (although I don't agree with the idea myself) but I do say that I don't believe someone is "gay" unless they act on it sexually. It is even wrong for heterosexual individuals to be sexually involved with people outside of marriage.

Thank you, this is my point. The act of sex outside marriage is the sin. Homosexuality has to do with who a person is attracted to, wants to be with, longs for. A heterosexual person (same definition) shouldn't engage in sexual acts outside marriage either. And that means more than just intercourse, but most would argue that point, too. However, the sin is the same.

Dotann

Jan 28, 2012
Well, the one thing that i have always found in the bible that has always made me feel like home and shown me that i too am not alone is all the people that God used who were just like me that did so many things wrong and sinned. Yet God even in His mercy and grace chose on purpose to use them anyways so His power could be proven to all so know one would doubt that it was really our Lord working through people.

I am talking about not just the Old Testament, but the Apostles too. People like Paul, and Peter. Peter not only denied Christ, but he had a problem with envy and jelousy with his brothers as he asked the Lord MUST I forgive my brother more than 7 times? Jesus knew his heart and the frustration he was dealing with, yet Peter was classified as a saint as we all know.
The same goes for Paul. We all know about Pauls life before he met the Lord, but he became to be a new creature as we all do. But even with Pauls own words, later after serving the Lord He says,
[h=3]Romans 7:15-24[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]15 [/SUP]I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. [SUP]16 [/SUP]And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. [SUP]17 [/SUP]As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. [SUP]18 [/SUP]For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[SUP][a][/SUP] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. [SUP]19 [/SUP]For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. [SUP]22 [/SUP]For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; [SUP]23 [/SUP]but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. [SUP]24 [/SUP]What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? [SUP]25 [/SUP]Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So this shows us that Paul was still sinning and knew that he was not doing doing something right. In other words, he was not perfect yet! Yet God still used him and made a way for him as this is what grace is all about! Yet Paul was still called a Saint too!

In fact, if you look up the word saint in the hebrew language it only means (paraphrasing) one to follow Gods laws and obeys His instructions to love Him and who accepted Him. So according to this, anyone who is a Christian who actively persues and seeks Gods directions and wants to know Him as their personal Saviour as Jesus shows us in His Word, can be called Saints.

Their are many bibles that when translated that even called people saints when the apostles went to churches, towns and places they knew and taught the gospel. The letters they wrote were enscribed as to the saints meaning the people who attended a specific households or villages.

It wasnt until the Romans got the Title as in so pios in nature and put the religious Pharasies attitude attached to it, hundreds of years later that changed the meaning so much that i doubt that if even Jesus Himself would be able to recieve this title today if He were to walk in unannounced as a stranger as the bible says how we have entertaining angles amoungt us. For so many rules and regulations are needed first in order for such titles are given from these standings.

Just think, about it? Meer men, trying to aquire understanding and knowledge to see if Jesus our God and King of the Universe who invented all creation, should be given title Saint! Yet this King lives within each of us who recieved Him as Lord and Saviour of our life!

His light shines and reigns in us and His word says i will never leave you nor forsake you! So do we beleive it or not? Or do we only have enough faith within us to stand on another persons beliefs who are of the world and trust their oppinions and views above Gods?

I dont have a problem stating i am a Christian! Not one problem at all! In fact for those who do, i wonder if they have a problem stating they are American or Canadian or Britain, or what ever Country they live in, for these words are not in the bible either?

I for one live in Canada, but commit more to being a Chrisitan (Jesus) first, for that is more important to me than breathing. It is even more important to me than my family as my order is like this. Jesus, my husband, my son, and my family, my work, social life, etc. Everyone knows this about me and they are totaly A ok with it all as Jesus shows me how to love with dignity and unity. He loves me so much as He loves everyone so in turn, He shows me how to love everyone as He does, but without giving up my loyalty for Him.

We need to learn how to stand up for what we beleive and not try to be on both sides of the fence. For then, we will never get anywhere then, as we are stuck. The old saying goes, Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything is really true...

The apostles new how to stand as Jesus did too. I follow Christ. I will shout it, sing it, it doesnt matter to whom, or for how long, but to me, it wouldnt matter if i was the last person standing alone. And all were against me trying to force me into their way of thinking. I still stand! For i know Jesus is with me! What more do i need? :)

K

kessy001

God knows those that are His, and them that are His know to whom they belong! Yes, He is a God of love but He is also a consuming fire. please we must not take His grace and mercy for granted.

If we refuse to retain God in our knowledge, He would give us up to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting. Romans 1:20-28

I think being called a child of God is the ultimate!

T

TosinAsLeader

God knows those that are His, and them that are His know to whom they belong! Yes, He is a God of love but He is also a consuming fire. please we must not take His grace and mercy for granted.

If we refuse to retain God in our knowledge, He would give us up to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting. Romans 1:20-28

I think being called a child of God is the ultimate!
"Children of God" was a cult. Very sad to say that I don't trust a church by default.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
A Christian is someone who simply believes in what Jesus did for us all and who repented and now has salvation. But a disciple of Christ is one who follows the teaching of Jesus that is in the Word. I believe that only the Word holds the truth. Anyone can call themselves whatever they want and twist whatever they want to accommdate their life style.

Aug 15, 2009
I put my two cents in on a forum thread today (on a secular mom/baby/birth board) about how to handle the topic of homosexuality when your children start to ask questions.

I've been monitoring it all day and reading people's responses to the topic itself and to see what they say about my reply. As you might expect most replies were pro-gay, love is love no matter who it is, blah blah blah. Well, out of 130+ replies so far and at least 80 different people, about 5 of us said that we would stick up for our Biblical roots and teach our children that being gay is something God doesn't approve of...BUT to treat everyone the same regardless. Basically: love the person but not the sin.

So... getting to the topic's title... I do not want to be considered a "Christian" anymore because... of the 75ish other people who were pro-gay and "it's not a choice, just let everyone believe what they want, don't be a homophobe, etc etc" SOOOO many said "I'm a Christian BUT!.." "I'm a Christian BUT.." and most of those ladies went on to say that they only go to churches that teach love and equality to all. Or they are a Christian but they don't go to church or practice anything that they've been taught.

I'm rambling.. but I want a new "name" to go by. All of these extremelyyyyyyyy liberal "Christians" who say that basically they love God but ANYTHING and EVERYTHING goes because God is a god of love and nothing more.. give us all a bad name.

They won't stop calling themselves Christians because they honestly believe that it's okay to be a Christian and follow only the nice, fluffy, rainbowy, love parts of the Bible. So the God-loving, God-fearing folks who realize that all of the Bible is truth and don't pick and choose need something else to go by. (I know none of us are perfect... but come on! God is loving but also jealous and just. There is more to Christianity than God loves everyone... He sure does! But He also wants us to obey certain things so that we can experience every blessing He has in store for us & for us to fulfill His plan for our lives.)

I am a born-again Pentecostal Christian. I hear Pentecostals being badmouthed all the time, being called holy rollers, snake handlers, and now headbangers because of the charismatics, which by the way are not Pentecostals. Does that keep me from wanting to be called a Pentecostal? No. Because people needs to see that there are true Pentecostal Christians out there doing God's will. So it is with being called a Christian. If I'm not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, then I should not be ashamed to be called a Christian. I cannot help what others have done to it. I can still be the light that Jesus wants me to be. The world will hate you for being a Christian anyway. Just because others are running the name down and giving the world an excuse to hate Christians, that has changed nothing. They will hate you anyway. They've just found another reason to do it. I still want to be known as a Christian. When people know me as a Christian, they will come to me instead of the world when they want prayer for healing, for salvation, or anything else.

Oct 14, 2012

Did God Appoint you to Judge the actions of others? There are other of us who understand the narrow path is not all this fluff God loves everybody, and the things they do are okay.You don’t want to be known as a Christian because of how others act? Satan’s been using that one for years…he uses it because it still works. Let me set you straight, This gay thing is against God, like murder, and all the rest of the junk.
Jesus died for all people who believe in him…even gay people. When Jesus returns, all of us, will have to change, no matter what our badness is. He will work with us for 1,000 years…and then we will be given a final test. If any are found to be like they were at the beginning of the 1,000 years…they won’t be given life.
Relax, chill out…we have a long way to go. You are right, those who think it’s all fluff stuff. Well, pray for them. Times are going to get real bad. When the earthly powers stick a red hot steel probe up their butt…all the fluff will burn of, and reality will take it’s place. Jesus said, “If they do this to me, what do you think they will do to you?”
Stop feeding on those waving the fluff…work on putting on the armor of faith. Get strong in Gods word. Just remember that red hot piece of steel. Stay the course, and stay away from all these tricks Satan uses.
So, do you still not want to be known as on of or Lord Jesus followers…a Christian?

Domenic

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

i believe a disciple of JESUS(HE THAT has denied HImself and decided to follow the Good LORD WITH their All) is a CHRISTIAN.THE REST? well just gotta call it for what it is, un-believers.

Aug 27, 2005
I definitely just had a day of real frustration with the world. I'll still be calling myself a Christian and back myself up with the fruits of the spirit so people know I'm not the same as the "every day" Christian in this generation.

Oct 14, 2012
I definitely just had a day of real frustration with the world. I'll still be calling myself a Christian and back myself up with the fruits of the spirit so people know I'm not the same as the "every day" Christian in this generation.
Sometimes life is a Bit-h ain't it?

R

Risen

When Christ returns He will take those that abides in His word. You can tell them by the fruits not by what they are called by. Our actions speaks louder than our words.