Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I just scroll right on past those mile long diatribes! Guess since I didn't read his posts I never saw his errors.
"The land that time forgot", Ignore, is such a peaceful place where everyone is happy,
all of the time.......:)

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Revelation 20:12-13, “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before יהוה. And the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and Death and Sheol delivered up the dead which were in them. And they were judged, every man, according to their works.”

Revelation 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."

1 Kepha (Peter) 4:17-18 “For the time has come that judgment must begin at The House of יהוה; and if it first begins with us, what will the end be of those who do not obey the message of יהוה? And if the righteous are scarcely saved, where will the wicked and the sinner appear?”

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
James 2:26, "For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so the faith without works is dead also."

James 2:17, "So also belief, if it does not have works, is in itself dead."

James 2:22, "Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?"

James 2:24, "You see, then, that a man is declared right by works, and not by belief alone."

1 Corinthians 7:19, "For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the Commandments of Yah?”
You misinterpret all of your passages of James, he is referring to a person who is already saved and will show evidence of his faith with fruit -- someone who is not saved will not bear fruit, but don't you love how this verse from James supports all of your false doctrine and everyone retuning to the Law of YHWH, (GOD).

Your verses in James do not support going back to the Law Of Moses.

P

PHart

... the point Paul was making by delivering him over was that his SPIRIT would be saved.
That's right. That's what it says.

So, if OSAS is true, why is it necessary that his flesh die in order for his spirit to be saved? In your doctrine, isn't his spirit already eternally and irreversibly saved and nothing at all ever can change that? Yet, Paul says his flesh must die in order for him to be saved. You have yet to explain why this condition is laid down IF, as you say, OSAS is true.

Feb 24, 2015
The heart of the matter is all about ones heart.
If Jesus has reached your essence, and heart, if you know why love is our heart beat,
and the thing that brings everything into focus, and Jesus on the cross expresses love
most profoundly, then why is there so much doubt or need for doctrines and ideas about
eternal security and being imprisoned and slaves to sin.

The reality is if this is a problem, you still have a long way to go. What is wrong with
sexual desire? Nothing except it is just hormones and biological attraction to create
children. It serves no great purpose than this. You life and you health depend on
the faithful walk of yourself and your partner.

But the way some people talk, marriage or bonding with another is their religion and
not God, their purpose is defined by the success or failure of this partnership.

And when we get to God, it is facts, a set of beliefs, and not much more. Emotions
are left at the door and legalism totally rejected. No one is going to tell me what to
do, and be like those other losers, no way.

But all this is the world, its ways and not the Kingdom and eternity.
But then those who have not really grasped eternity have only one perspective by
which they measure everything, the world. Strange that these same people claim
to know God so well, they can personally tell people after a few sentences if they
are going to hell or not. I am glad God has more insight than this.....

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
You misinterpret all of your passages of James, he is referring to a person who is already saved and will show evidence of his faith with fruit -- someone who is not saved will not bear fruit, but don't you love how this verse from James supports all of your false doctrine and everyone retuning to the Law of YHWH, (GOD).

Your verses in James do not support going back to the Law Of Moses.
I call it the Instructions of YHWH mediated by Yahshua Messiah High Priest and King Eternal

Matt 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. And I, Yahanan, saw the holy city, YHWH Shammah, coming down from YHWH out of heaven, prepared as brides adorned for their husbands. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father.”

Matthew 12:50, “For whoever does the desire of My Father who is in the heavens is My brother and sister and mother.”

Isayah 42:21, "YHWH is well-pleased, for His righteousness' sake, to magnify the Law, and make it honorable."

Mat 5:18-19, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh – the smallest of the letters – will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected. Whosoever, therefore, will break one of the least of these Laws, and will teach men so, he will be called the least in the Kingdom of YHWH; but whosoever will do and teach them, the same will be called great in the Kingdom of YHWH."

Mat 22:36-40, "Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 6:5). This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Leviticus 19:18). On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Mat 7:12-14, "Therefore, all things you want men to do to you, do the same to them, for this is the (intent of the) Law and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who go that way. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leads to life, and few there are who find it."

It is true love

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 4:19-21, "We love Him, because He first loved us. If anyone says: I love YHWH, and hates his neighbor, he is a liar; for he who does not love his neighbor whom he has seen, how can he love YHWH Whom he has not seen? For we have this commandment from Him: That he who loves YHWH must love his neighbor also."[/FONT]

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The heart of the matter is all about ones heart.
If Jesus has reached your essence, and heart, if you know why love is our heart beat,
and the thing that brings everything into focus, and Jesus on the cross expresses love
most profoundly, then why is there so much doubt or need for doctrines and ideas about
eternal security and being imprisoned and slaves to sin.

The reality is if this is a problem, you still have a long way to go. What is wrong with
sexual desire? Nothing except it is just hormones and biological attraction to create
children. It serves no great purpose than this. You life and you health depend on
the faithful walk of yourself and your partner.

But the way some people talk, marriage or bonding with another is their religion and
not God, their purpose is defined by the success or failure of this partnership.

And when we get to God, it is facts, a set of beliefs, and not much more. Emotions
are left at the door and legalism totally rejected. No one is going to tell me what to
do, and be like those other losers, no way.

But all this is the world, its ways and not the Kingdom and eternity.
But then those who have not really grasped eternity have only one perspective by
which they measure everything, the world. Strange that these same people claim
to know God so well, they can personally tell people after a few sentences if they
are going to hell or not. I am glad God has more insight than this.....
All of this is just psychology spouting. No truth of conversion. No changed nature. Head knowledge. I feel so sorry for you. And pray that the piercing light of the gospel penetrates this cloud of confusion over your mind.

My last post to you.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

So, if OSAS is true, why is it necessary that his flesh die in order for his spirit to be saved? In your doctrine, isn't his spirit already eternally and irreversibly saved and nothing at all ever can change that? Yet, Paul says his flesh must die in order for him to be saved. You have yet to explain why this condition is laid down IF, as you say, OSAS is true.
You are reading into it more than is there. By your reading, satan is the one who saves him! It's not satan destroying his flesh that saves his soul, it's the Blood of Jesus Christ!
I've already told you why Paul wanted him handed over. It doesn't say "in order for his spirit to be saved". You
added that.

Paul doesnt know if this man is a true Christian or not. If he is, Paul doesn't want him infecting the rest of the body with his sinful behavior. He makes the point in the next verse: 6 [FONT=&quot]Your glorying [/FONT]is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

Feb 24, 2015
All of this is just psychology spouting. No truth of conversion. No changed nature. Head knowledge. I feel so sorry for you. And pray that the piercing light of the gospel penetrates this cloud of confusion over your mind.

My last post to you.
Let me translate this for you.
The gospel for you is giving up doing anything and giving it all to Jesus.

Now this does sounds good at first, except Jesus is talking about those
who want to follow and discover the things of God, to reach out to love
others, to praise the Lord and encourage those around. So rather than
being passive, Jesus empowers us to go forward.

Now I note think all the things of Jesus are just psychology and man made
ideas. Strange that Jesus is the one telling us these things, and man is now
realising how true this is.

And even sadder you are rejecting seeing what of this world is of this world,
and things of heaven are of the Kingdom. Very confusing, but then to you
I am the confused one, except I am speaking the truth.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
My favorite sermon can be done in two words...

He wept.
To me a SERMON is a Bible Teaching Expositor of the WORD teaching for around ONE HOUR or more. Anything less than 45 minutes, is a Sermonette, and 20 minutes or LESS is a failed attempt to FEED THE SHEEP.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
"Love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18) in way shape or form came to an end because of Christ. In fact, faith in Christ upholds the law (Romans 3:31).

The 'end of the law of righteousness' means Christ put an end to the way of trying to gain righteousness by keeping the law. Christ's appearing brought the new way of becoming righteous--by receiving the Holy Spirit when you receive God's forgiveness for your sin. And so our righteousness is from God, not from the power of our bodies to obey the law and be declared righteous that way.
1 John 4:7 (ASV)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is begotten of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:11-12 (ASV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
[SUP]12 [/SUP] No man hath beheld God at any time: if we love one another, God abideth in us, and his love is perfected in us:

Romans 13:9-10 (CSBBible)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] The commandments, Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not covet; and any other commandment, are summed up by this commandment: Love your neighbor as yourself.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Love, therefore, is the fulfillment of the law.

You love yourself enough, to make sure you have sufficient clean water to drink.

You love yourself enough, to make sure you have ample food.

You love yourself enough, to make sure you have medical care.

You love yourself enough, to make sure you have adequate clothing.

You love yourself enough, to make sure you had adequate shelter.

1 John 3:17 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need,
and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him,
how dwelleth the love of God in him?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Wow I have a lot of typos..too tired to find my reading glasses. Sorry. Hope my posts still make sense.

Now I have some bad news for you, those typos get worse and worse as you get older, and you are over the hill when you proof read you read what you thought you typed, leaving the typos in place. GEE I AM OLD.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I call it the Instructions of YHWH mediated by Yahshua Messiah High Priest and King Eternal

Matt 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. And I, Yahanan, saw the holy city, YHWH Shammah, coming down from YHWH out of heaven, prepared as brides adorned for their husbands. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father.”

Matthew 12:50, “For whoever does the desire of My Father who is in the heavens is My brother and sister and mother.”

Isayah 42:21, "YHWH is well-pleased, for His righteousness' sake, to magnify the Law, and make it honorable."

Mat 5:18-19, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh – the smallest of the letters – will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected. Whosoever, therefore, will break one of the least of these Laws, and will teach men so, he will be called the least in the Kingdom of YHWH; but whosoever will do and teach them, the same will be called great in the Kingdom of YHWH."

Mat 22:36-40, "Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 6:5). This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Leviticus 19:18). On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Mat 7:12-14, "Therefore, all things you want men to do to you, do the same to them, for this is the (intent of the) Law and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who go that way. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leads to life, and few there are who find it."

It is true love

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

1 John 4:19-21, "We love Him, because He first loved us. If anyone says: I love YHWH, and hates his neighbor, he is a liar; for he who does not love his neighbor whom he has seen, how can he love YHWH Whom he has not seen? For we have this commandment from Him: That he who loves YHWH must love his neighbor also."
Jesus Christ did not abolish God's Law, He was the "Fulfillment of God's Law" Where as people who tried to keep God's Law "failed" Jesus/Messiah did not. And now we are free from the the law so that we can serve a Living God.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Romans10:4
Testament , it does not speak to to our going back to the Mosaic Law. Which was a School Master to bring us to Christ/Messiah. Jesus did not abolish the Law He set us free from the Law, so who do people insist upon being under a School Master again, so very foolish.

Philippians3:3-9

3) For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh
4) though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:
5) circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee;
6) as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
7) But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
8) What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
9) and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christthe righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

God's Grace plus nothing is our salvation; Your sanctification is a work of God and will not save you.

8) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
9) not by works, so that no one can boast.
10) For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We are saved "unto good works" good works, cannot save you.

It is a True Gospel

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2013

This question belies a complete ignorance of a multitude of verses that speaks to this condition of a dead body of sin not subject unto the law of God with a born again, eternal spirit housed therein.......

Dec 12, 2013
To me a SERMON is a Bible Teaching Expositor of the WORD teaching for around ONE HOUR or more. Anything less than 45 minutes, is a Sermonette, and 20 minutes or LESS is a failed attempt to FEED THE SHEEP.
Amen...when we study...a minimum hour and a half....

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
"The land that time forgot", Ignore, is such a peaceful place where everyone is happy,
all of the time.......:)

[video=youtube;rdCzBg9Xw8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdCzBg9Xw8A[/video]

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

It is true love

1 John 4:19-21, "We love Him, because He first loved us. If anyone says: I love YHWH, and hates his neighbor, he is a liar; for he who does not love his neighbor whom he has seen, how can he love YHWH Whom he has not seen? For we have this commandment from Him: That he who loves YHWH must love his neighbor also."
Jesus Christ did not abolish God's Law, He was the "Fulfillment of God's Law" Where as people who tried to keep God's Law "failed" Jesus/Messiah did not. And now we are free from the the law so that we can serve a Living God.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Romans10:4
Testament , it does not speak to to our going back to the Mosaic Law. Which was a School Master to bring us to Christ/Messiah. Jesus did not abolish the Law He set us free from the Law, so who do people insist upon being under a School Master again, so very foolish.

Philippians3:3-9

3) For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh
4) though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:
5) circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee;
6) as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
7) But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
8) What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
9) and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christthe righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

God's Grace plus nothing is our salvation; Your sanctification is a work of God and will not save you.

8) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
9) not by works, so that no one can boast.
10) For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We are saved "unto good works" good works, cannot save you.

It is a True Gospel
I never said works can save ou superimposed that unsolicited.

Faith and works is what I have said. Here lets see what the King says:

John/Yahanan 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."

Luke 6:46, "And why call Me; Ruler! Ruler! and do not the things which I say?"

Luke 11:28, But He said, “Blessed rather are those hearing the Word of Yah and watching over it!”

Luke 8:21, “And He answering, said to them, “My mother and My brothers are those who are hearing the Word of Yah and doing it.”

John/Yahanan 14:15, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Revelation 12:17, “And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to fight with the remnant of her seed, those guarding the commands of Yah and possessing the witness of יהושע Messiah."

Revelation 14:12, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Yah and the belief of יהושע.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]James 2:14-26, “14 My brothers, what use is it for anyone to say he has belief but does not have works? This belief is unable to save him. 15, "And if a brother or sister is naked and in need of daily food, 16, "but one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” but you do not give them the bodily needs, what use is it? 17, "So also belief, if it does not have works, is in itself dead. 18, "But someone might say, “You have belief, and I have works.” Show me your belief without your works, and I shall show you my belief by my works. 19, "You believe that Yah is one. You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder! 20, "But do you wish to know, O foolish man, that the belief without the works is dead?[/FONT]