Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Blah blah blah nothing of value comes from your working for sad joke religion....same garbage Cain pushed
At first, I thought you said garbage can. Wasn't it Bruce who used to post a heap of garbage in response to some people's posts? Today would be his re-feed day :) In honour of him, the smorgasbord is now open :D

^^^ Try some lasagna! It is always fresh, and never moldy like Phil's was :eek:
Make sure to leave room for dessert :D

R

Ralph-

And what is it that overcomes.....Notice it does not say our works, our religion, our church membership, etc.....BUT RATHER---------------> OUR FAITH!
Faith without works is not faith. That's why works are required when Jesus comes back or off to the furnace you go. No change of life, no salvation when Jesus comes back. This is right out of once saved always saved doctrine. Not the new once saved always saved. The old one, Calvin's doctrine of once saved always saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Try again....God inspired Paul and your simply rejecting the truth that he wrote that concerning the righteousess IN THE LAW HE WAS BLAMELESS....you are just another cake taking worker for denying truth to espouse a false gospel!!
But didn't God inspire Jesus and Jeremiah and Stephen and Paul's other words as well?

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So to belong to your church and follow your doctrine I must flush all these and many more inspired scriptures down the toilet, and reject them. And if I don't I am denying truth and espousing a false gospel.

That is some burden you place on the necks of people to be a part of your church Decon. Too much for me.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I didn't need to practice - I was really good at it, came natural...

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
At first, I thought you said garbage can. Wasn't it Bruce who used to post a heap of garbage in response to some people's posts? Today would be his re-feed day :) In honour of him, the smorgasbord is now open :D

Whats going on here? I come in to see how the thread is going. I am hit by a wall of food . I gained 10 pounds just looking at this .
where is the diet thread ?
Blessings
Bill

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
The law consists of 613 rules in the Torah. We are all under the law since Jesus said he came to filfill the law an the prophets and the law will be in force until heaven and earth pass away. We all fail to keep the law and have no excuse since they are written in the Bible for us to read. And like in our legal system ignorance of the law is no excuse for those who never read them.

With our failure the sentence is death. The great news is that God first allowed sacrifices to take the penalty of sin from the people. Then Jesus came to be the Lamb without blemish to be sacrificed for all who accept his sacrifice for their sins thus removing us from that penalty. Our sins are imputed to Him and His rightness is imputed to us.

This is the simple gospel message from God.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Here is Paul on this topic in more detail.

Romans 7 (NIV) New International Version

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ
7 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

The Law and Sin
7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

ROFL
What demon possessed you to put this temptation in front of all of us who fight weight issues. Looking at this makes me hungry.
ROFL

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Whats going on here? I come in to see how the thread is going. I am hit by a wall of food . I gained 10 pounds just looking at this .
where is the diet thread ?
Blessings
Bill
It's sin city in here. Pull up a chair, and loosen your belt :rolleyes:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Dec 12, 2013
Faith without works is not faith. That's why works are required when Jesus comes back or off to the furnace you go. No change of life, no salvation when Jesus comes back. This is right out of once saved always saved doctrine. Not the new once saved always saved. The old one, Calvin's doctrine of once saved always saved.
Ralph, your dense as lead approach and error doea not allow you to see that all who have believed HAVE ALREADY DONE THE WORK OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER....and BELIEVERS will have every sort of work...from good and faithful to worthless and not so good....wake up from your stupor!

Dec 12, 2013
But didn't God inspire Jesus and Jeremiah and Stephen and Paul's other words as well?

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So to belong to your church and follow your doctrine I must flush all these and many more inspired scriptures down the toilet, and reject them. And if I don't I am denying truth and espousing a false gospel.

That is some burden you place on the necks of people to be a part of your church Decon. Too much for me.
Who said anything about being a part of my church and it is called balance. One cannot reject the inspired words of one in order to espouse something else that does not bear up under the scrutiny of the word. And what book was Stephen inspired to pen.....NONE!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

I totally reject your methodology of depbate. Basically a bunch of disjointed verses without context. Proper debate should have specific principles made in full then backed up with multiple references to SECTIONS of scripture. As has been stated you can prove anything with the Bible with single verses, the Bible quotes those opposed to the teachings of the Bible. Using those verses out of context would make the Bible say the opposite of what it stands for.

Context
Context
Context