NYPD Officer Brian Moore dies of head wound suffered in weekend shooting

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
And how do you propose to do this? It's impossible. You think the arms dealers of the world will just give up their weapons and smile about it? You're very naivé if you honestly believe that. The scary part is, I think you actually think it possible.

So you want to leave weapons only in the hands of government? Is that it? Or you cluelessly believe evil people will allow themselves to be disarmed? Your naivété is truly remarkable.

Statistics prove you utterly wrong on the count of removing guns from police not leading to more crime, particularly gun crime. Also, the lack of firepower on the streets of London during the 7/7 attacks was what resulted in the deaths of 56 innocent people.

On second thought, let's just seal eveyrone up in their houses, wrap them in bubble wrap and put them on giant springs, as well as building a plexiglas bubble over every city in the world. We may as well eliminate death and injury from traffic and pedestrian accidents, as well as from hurricanes, tornadoes, and lightning. Oh, but most accidents and deaths occur in the home.

Never mind. Take everybody out and shoot them, to save them. But wait. You took all the guns away. Guess we'll have to order everyone to commit hari kari.

[/sarcasm]
What a maroon.
1. How to achieve eradication of the guns: First you can institute a buy back program so that the law-abiding citizen has a chance to peacefully surrender their guns and be recompensed. Secondly, for the criminals, you go in and raid them and confiscate them by force. Both have worked in various countries.

2. Yes, we will leave the guns in the hands of the military until the other militaries of the world are disarmed then the military of America will be disarmed. The Bible says at the end times they will be fighting with swords, so this absolutely must happen to help hasten the Apocalypse.

3. Nope you are wrong, go read Angela's post.

4. If you want to implement biodome, then go for it, I won't stop you. Outlawing planes, outlawing knives, and implementing biodome weren't my ideas, but I won't stand in the way.

If you want people to commit seppuku, I will oppose you. Your idea of tempting people to kill themselves reminds me of a certain dragon.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Citizens own guns. Subjects do not own guns. If history has taught us anything it is that men are never to be entrusted with power that cannot be counterbalanced.

The government has an interest in controlling guns because they have an interest in controlling the populace.

Criminals and drug dealers will always find a way to obtain guns. They will always find a way to kill other people. A lack of swift justice is why we have a crime problem.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

G

Galahad

For crying out loud! Would someone LIKE post 36, please. I thought it was hilarious. Julia Child there with a kitchen .... never mind.

G

Galahad

For crying out loud! Would someone LIKE post 36, please. I thought it was hilarious. Julia Child there with a kitchen .... never mind.
Wow! Thank you Viligant (sic) Warrior. Very much appreciated.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
1. How to achieve eradication of the guns: First you can institute a buy back program so that the law-abiding citizen has a chance to peacefully surrender their guns and be recompensed. Secondly, for the criminals, you go in and raid them and confiscate them by force. Both have worked in various countries.

2. Yes, we will leave the guns in the hands of the military until the other militaries of the world are disarmed then the military of America will be disarmed. The Bible says at the end times they will be fighting with swords, so this absolutely must happen to help hasten the Apocalypse.

3. Nope you are wrong, go read Angela's post.

4. If you want to implement biodome, then go for it, I won't stop you. Outlawing planes, outlawing knives, and implementing biodome weren't my ideas, but I won't stand in the way.
I have a question for you if we go through all of this, so no guns left in the world. What stops criminals from making their own guns....People do actually make homemade guns.....

Dec 18, 2013
I have a question for you if we go through all of this, so no guns left in the world. What stops criminals from making their own guns....People do actually make homemade guns.....
Some could make homemade guns, sure, but homemade guns wouldn't be nearly as effective, and they can't be mass produced, so there would not be as many of them. Plus by ridding the guns we would therefore ideally be hastening the conditions to bring about Revelation which hastens the day of Apocalypse, so in that case homemade guns are a moot point.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
Some could make homemade guns, sure, but homemade guns wouldn't be nearly as effective, and they can't be mass produced, so there would not be as many of them. Plus by ridding the guns we would therefore ideally be hastening the conditions to bring about Revelation which hastens the day of Apocalypse, so in that case homemade guns are a moot point.
Can you please reference the verse you are talking about. Why do you say no guns?

Dec 18, 2013
Can you please reference the verse you are talking about. Why do you say no guns?
2 Peter 3 outlines that we are to hasten the coming of the day.

Just read any of the end times prophecies (ie: Book of Revelation, Daniel, Jesus narration of the end times in the Gospels, etc.) and you will see it is all talk of swords and horsemen.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
2 Peter 3 outlines that we are to hasten the coming of the day.

Just read any of the end times prophecies (ie: Book of Revelation, Daniel, Jesus narration of the end times in the Gospels, etc.) and you will see it is all talk of swords and horsemen.
Are you talking about the swords that the horseman carries?Can you show me the verse that says the actual people will be fighting with only swords?

Dec 18, 2013
Are you talking about the swords that the horseman carries?Can you show me the verse that says the actual people will be fighting with only swords?
Daniel 11:33

[SUP]33 [/SUP]And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Also read all of Book of Revelation in full, you will find no mention of guns or any of the technology of the current time.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
Daniel 11:33

[SUP]33 [/SUP]And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Also read all of Book of Revelation in full, you will find no mention of guns or any of the technology of the current time.
I have read the entire Book of Revelations......Have you ever thought that they did not have our technology when it was written? Matthew 10:34-36 means an actual sword too?

Dec 18, 2013
I have read the entire Book of Revelations......Have you ever thought that they did not have our technology when it was written? Matthew 10:34-36 means an actual sword too?
I have thought that, but it does not matter if they can foresee the future. Have you considerred that all technology of our time can and will perish, actually easily? Yes it does mean an actual sword also. Remember, the tongue is a sword, and it is even the most powerful weapon far surpassing even the atomic bomb.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
I have thought that, but it does not matter if they can foresee the future. Have you considerred that all technology of our time can and will perish, actually easily? Yes it does mean an actual sword also. Remember, the tongue is a sword, and it is even the most powerful weapon far surpassing even the atomic bomb.
you think the tongue is a sword? It isn't a metaphor?
One definition of sword is actually a literary definition. It can mean destruction or military power. It depends on the context what the word means...saying it always means an actual sword is not realistic.....the tongue can now cut apples in half?

Dec 18, 2013
you think the tongue is a sword? It isn't a metaphor?
One definition of sword is actually a literary definition. It can mean destruction or military power. It depends on the context what the word means...saying it always means an actual sword is not realistic.....the tongue can now cut apples in half?
A metaphor uses "like" or "as" to compare things. (ie: You are as an owl in the daytime). Here in Daniel we see that one of the ways of the persecutions of those that understand in the last days will be to fall by the sword.

Yea, the tongue is indeed a sword, even the tongue of Jesus.

Last edited:

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
A metaphor uses "like" or "as" to compare things. (ie: You are as an owl in the daytime). Here in Daniel we see that one of the ways of the persecutions of those that understand in the last days will be to fall by the sword.

Yea, the tongue is indeed a sword, even the tongue of Jesus.
I think you have simile and metaphor confused......Simile uses like or as.....Metaphor does not...
Check this Merriam Webster definition.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Post 36 is good, but post 43 is one of the best posts ever! ;)

Dec 12, 2013
I'd like to see you people on here who call think the police are the ones out of control explain how this young man died for no good reason. Many of you who I've enjoyed bantering with and kidding have some screwed up ideas about the police in this country, and with each officer who suffers the consequences of your attitude, I get closer and closer to just getting the hell off this board completely.
I wouldn't let those ignorant of the facts and blind to the truth drive you from this site.......keep laying the facts out and defend the truth bro...........

Dec 12, 2013
Gun control works in Japan, Australia and Canada. Proportionally speaking, of course. Japan had one mass murder and they banned guns, and they have as low as TWO gun homicides in some years.

".
I spent quite a bit of time in Australia over the last 6 months and almost every day on the news there was someone killed in a firearm related incident.........and if it wasn't a gun it was a knife, bat, poison etc.......It is people who kill people and at the end of the day if someone wants to murder someone they will use whatever is handy to do the job.....!