one more silly bible question.....please bear with me......i promise..last one

• Thread starter savedandhopeful
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedandhopeful

This may not be important to anyone....but....

Do you all highlight, write,make notes in your bibles? I heard someone say that the bible is our workbook.
Like in one of my bibles, the words of Christ are not in red, this botherd me so i went through and underlined them all in red...i guess my silly question is....do you feel this is wrong? Does it really even matter , is it ok to make notes, marks in our bibles?

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Do whatever helps you to study, you are free in Christ to proceed as best suits you. Underlining, highlighting, et cetera.

M

Mammachickadee

Do you all highlight, write,make notes in your bibles? I heard someone say that the bible is our workbook.
Like in one of my bibles, the words of Christ are not in red, this botherd me so i went through and underlined them all in red...i guess my silly question is....do you feel this is wrong? Does it really even matter , is it ok to make notes, marks in our bibles?
Note away :)

Oct 12, 2012
I have one of my Mentor's Bibles (he passed away in 2009),
his notes are,a pretty blessed thing to me!
Just because their there.

S

savedandhopeful

I have one of my Mentor's Bibles (he passed away in 2009),
his notes are,a pretty blessed thing to me!
Just because their there.
What a blessing for you!!:)

Aug 31, 2013

It's a dead tree, maybe wrapped in dead animal hide. It is not holy.

The message it contains is sacred.

You do what you need to do to understand the message. DO NOT DO ANYTHING just because you feel it's expected. That would be performing for those you think expect it, not living for God.

Be sincere, listen to others, weigh their comments, and understand most only want to convince you to be like them, not to be closer to God.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I have never felt guilty highlighting my Bible or making notes in the margins. :)

1233426_10151823978281684_1660382352_n.jpg 1240183_10151827654181684_264175154_n.jpg DSCN8630 copyII.jpg

These are all photos I've taken of my Bibles and the notes and such that I've done in them. :)

S

savedandhopeful

The message it contains is sacred.

You do what you need to do to understand the message. DO NOT DO ANYTHING just because you feel it's expected. That would be performing for those you think expect it, not living for God.

Be sincere, listen to others, weigh their comments, and understand most only want to convince you to be like them, not to be closer to God.
I never claimed it was holy, i am asking out of curiosity....

Aug 31, 2013
I never claimed it was holy, i am asking out of curiosity....
I never accused you of making that claim. I merely made an observation in regards to your question.

I'll exercise my exit from this chat now. Peace.

Feb 16, 2011
I would say most people believe it is okay but I do know a couple people who think it is wrong. I was actually rebuked once for kissing my Bible during a prayer meeting.

A

AmberGardner

Not wrong at all!!

Oct 22, 2011

2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

549271_513284022046172_394645459_n.jpg

B

BeanieD

Absolutely is ok!!! notes are more easily lost, but our Bible is always found. Mark away!!

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Do it, and do it often if that's the kind of learner you are!

And don't worry about your silly questions. We always need to be asking "silly" questions. If we're not asking questions of God and our relationship with Him, I think we're on the verge of complacency.

Peace,
Matt

Dec 21, 2012
It says right on the title page that it's holy.

King James 1611, Holy Bible:

cover.jpg

Luther Bibel 1534, heilige Schrift (holy scripture)

cover2.jpg

Great Bible 1539, holy scrypture:

cover3.jpg

S

savedandhopeful

respekt

Mar 5, 2013
I don't usually highlight my bible. If I had the colorful pens or highlighters with me then I would do that. I bring a piece of paper or agenda altogether with a pen and write down vitally important part from the preachings. And if I forgot to bring my bible,

iPhone_Note.jpg

Notes on iPhone would be a great idea :D

Dec 21, 2012
I agree...i think it is holy also...that is why I was curious about making marks, notes and underlining in it...
All three are good, it's your Bible and anything that gives you clearer understanding is a good idea.

On that note I have for sale the Apostle Paul's personal King James Bible, with
his own notes in it, only $600,000....