Only The Brave

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
Where is it written that I cannot celebrate Christmas?
Jer 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jer 10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
Jer 10:6 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

Deu 12:29 When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
Deu 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
Deu 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Now, do what you will with this information.

Nov 2, 2013
Sound like the banzai trees to me.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Deu 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods
So you pointed out the decorating of the dead tree, and whom is sacrificing their Sons and Daughters on the Christmas tree?
does God judge the motive or just the action? Is it not what god sees your motive and mine as well.
So let it be I am knowing in /God's time all will be revealed as to what was our motive behind all we posted here.
I am at rest are you, praying so, for God does just love us all or Christ would have never came to redeem us, and he is according to the Apostles the message of reconciliation is he not?
Happy holidays to you, John

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Sound like the banzai trees to me.
Is not the bottom line from the Lord to love all? And give each that right to free choice, did God himself not do this through Christ?
While we were yet sinners Christ died for us? To do what? To redeem us? So why not be reconciled to God through Son and be thankful and not better than others?
Psalm 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.