Open your eyes, and see ....The most Scary Conspiracy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Graybeard

The answer to your question es easy.

Jesus do not contradict himself, The law was valid when he spoke those words, but he came to fulfill the law:

Matthew 5:17-23

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]17 [/SUP]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So no one tilde, or dot of the law? now look under you underwear and see if you circumcised? do you go to the synagogue on Saturdays, and offer sacrifices in the altar like Jesus ordered to Luk 5:12-16 . I am sure the answer is NO.

So what happened?... no a tilde no a dot!
What happened? .... The law was fulfilled in the cross..... so the law of moses is GONE.

So do not worry to much about the OT, concentrate your efforts in the NT

Please raise you hand the ones who believe the "law of Moses" still valid after Jesus died in the cross!
Look around you..has Heaven and Earth pasted??...nope, they are still here so there goes your interpretation....

Aug 28, 2013
Look around you..has Heaven and Earth pasted??...nope, they are still here so there goes your interpretation....
So Gray, is it your contention that tithes are still commanded today?

If so, what tithes are commanded? by who? and to whom?

Mar 23, 2014
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

That is a metaphor,... do you know what is a metaphor?

But if your theory is correct, lets test it!, please let me know when you go to obey Luke 5:12-16.

I am really begging for your answer!

W

weakness

Revelation 3:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

What Jesus is saying through john? Those who are living Jew commandments! and are not Jews! (Sabbaths? Tithing? ) are apostates.

So if you making a living selling the blood of Jesus using teachings of the OT by asking tithing (levites function), repent! leave this sin! and came to Christ.

How more clear do you need?
This scripture is one of a few which warn against returning to the law or parts of the law as a method for walking in the Spirit in the law of liberty, the low of loving god and our fellow creation. As it says God causes the rain to fall on the just and unjust ,thereby leaving us an example of Gods impartial love towards all men. But I would like to take a more general veiw of this passage. Those who say they are Gods people and who are not, Could possibly define this verse better for todays relgious crowd who say they follow God and are not. The old testimentis good if it is used lawfully, knowing that the law was not made for the righteous ,but for the ungodly and sinner.And the womderful prophesies concerning our lord spoken before time for our edification. But now we see the christian religios claiming the name of Christ in vain, Making a pretence of public prayers ,and wareing of nice cloths braided hair and the adornment of the outer man, whose heart god knows.Pure religion and undefiled beforeGod is this that we keep ourselves unspotted from the world and visit the fatherless and aflicted in their suffering, the widows ,with know provider ,in their affliction. For these are the true works that Gods children in Christ were forordained to. To shew his nature and personallity of mercy and compassion to the world. we should be out ,in the world ,but not of it, buying but possessing not, using this world but not abuseing it for the glory of God our father.Blessed are the meek ,forthey shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled. Yes vain christian religion has filled the earth, betraying the true gospel of love and laying down our lives as Jesus did for us.We should sing unto ourselves in songs and hyms and spiritual song as unto the lord. and giving thanks in all things ,for this is the will of the father concerning us, his children.I have never had what would be call a "judiizer ever come up to me on the street. but christian taking the name of our lord in vain, I have met by the thousands. Trying to be teacher of the law neither underswstanding what it affims or it purpose. Vain jangling foolish talking ,contentious, never satisfyied ,unruly, forbidding some to enter the kingdom and not going in them selves. Judge not lest you be judged. Be tender hearted ,forgiving oneanother as Christ has forgiven us. For this is our Holy calling ,to know the love of Christ, and be filled with all the fullness of our God.And that we walk worthyof the vocation by which we were called , with all lowliness and meekness, forbearing one another in love,endevouring to keep the unity of the Spiritin the bond of peace. Till we all come in the unity ofthe faith, and of the knowledge of the son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. And that we be know more children, tossed to and froand carried about with every wind of doctrine,by the sleight of menand cunning craftiness,where by they lies in wait to deceive But speak the truth in love, may grow up into him inall things,which is the head ,even Christ. May the Spirit guide and bless this wonderful day for you.

Aug 28, 2013
One of the strongest passages that speak against returning to the Law can be found in the following passage:

Romans 7:1-4 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The one who is saved is married to Christ. The one married to Christ should not go to the house of the Law. To go to the house of the Law while married to Christ is to commit spiritual adultery.

Mar 23, 2014
Thanks for teaching me the word is Judaizers and not Judaizants.
Who are they?
Galatians 1:6-9

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

What is that Cursed teachings?

Galatians 2:4

Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery—

slavery? .... real? .... or slaverry of the law of Moses?

Galatians 5:1

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Yoke of slaverry?

Now read:

Acts 15:10

English Standard Version (ESV)

[SUP]10 [/SUP]Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

If you can not Understand this then go back to your synagogues!

And this may apply to you:

Revelation 3:9

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but do lie — behold, I will make them to come and worship at thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

No one will really say I am a Jew if he is no one, but this actually means the ones who thinking and teaching like jews.
The ones who want to oppress the gentiles with the Law of Moses. (Tithing, Sabbaths, etc, etc)
Think in Pastors usurping the levites rights by teaching tithing.
Think in Gentiles who think the law of Moses applies to them.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
One of the strongest passages that speak against returning to the Law can be found in the following passage:

Romans 7:1-4 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The one who is saved is married to Christ. The one married to Christ should not go to the house of the Law. To go to the house of the Law while married to Christ is to commit spiritual adultery.
Isn't it God's Law that tells us what adultery is and when we can marry or not marry a new spouse? Why would anyone claim that he's teaching to reject the Law as being morally right? He would have to be using the good found in the Law to explain how we shouldn't obey the Law. I think you need to revise your interpretation of this passage. Especially since Christ not only accepted and taught the Law but added to it.

I think you're making the same mistake as the people did here:

Acts 21:21-24 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

And this is what Paul did. So is he to be portrayed as committing spiritual adultery? Or can it be said that being married to Christ (i.e. the Word/Torah in the flesh) is to accept the teachings in the Torah as well?

Mar 23, 2014
Isn't it God's Law that tells us what adultery is and when we can marry or not marry a new spouse? Why would anyone claim that he's teaching to reject the Law as being morally right? He would have to be using the good found in the Law to explain how we shouldn't obey the Law. I think you need to revise your interpretation of this passage. Especially since Christ not only accepted and taught the Law but added to it.

I think you're making the same mistake as the people did here:

Acts 21:21-24 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

And this is what Paul did. So is he to be portrayed as committing spiritual adultery? Or can it be said that being married to Christ (i.e. the Word/Torah in the flesh) is to accept the teachings in the Torah as well?
There is a very important principle you not understanding here:
PAUL WAS A JEW.
So the jew law did apply to him.
He converted GENTILES.
THE LAW DID NOT APPLY TO GENTILES.

You could rigthfully say why Paul went to do a Jew ceremony after years in the ministery, and was apostol James who requested it.

correct.

But I am not a jew I am a Gentile, so "MOSES law does not apply to me".
Actually Paul said it clearly:
[h=3]Galatians 5:3[/h]English Standard Version (ESV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

Unfortunate no all men are Equal, We are the Lucky GENTILES.

Mar 23, 2014
What does the bible say?

Malachi 3:6-10

[SUP]6 [/SUP]“For I am the Lord, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Yet from the days of your fathers
You have gone away from My ordinances
And have not kept them.
Return to Me, and I will return to you,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
“But you said,
‘In what way shall we return?’

Do Not Rob God

[SUP]8 [/SUP]“Will a man rob God?
Yet you have robbed Me!
But you say,
‘In what way have we robbed You?’
In tithes and offerings.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]You are cursed with a curse,
For you have robbed Me,
Even this whole nation.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing

That there will not be room enough to receive it.

God even asks to be tested in this area, we can never out give God, tithing is a blessing - not tithing and giving is cursed. God also says If you love Me keep My Commandments.

John 14:14-16

[SUP]14 [/SUP]If you ask[SUP][a][/SUP] anything in My name, I will do it.
Jesus Promises Another Helper

[SUP]15 [/SUP]“If you love Me, keep[SUP][b][/SUP] My commandments. [SUP]16 [/SUP]And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—

Scary is not knowing what the bible really says.
Please read my former posts, malachi 3, is Part of the "LAW", so is null, void, inapplicable, fulfilled, specially if you not circuncised, and more if you are a Gentile.

And is more .... lots more to say about that scripture, aliments, store house (no pastor pocket), it was a scripture for the priests not people, see the details could you rob god in offerings... no they are voluntary, but a priests can if not used it properly.......I do not need to refute a abolished law.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
There is a very important principle you not understanding here:
PAUL WAS A JEW.
So the jew law did apply to him.
He converted GENTILES.
THE LAW DID NOT APPLY TO GENTILES.

You could rigthfully say why Paul went to do a Jew ceremony after years in the ministery, and was apostol James who requested it.

correct.

But I am not a jew I am a Gentile, so "MOSES law does not apply to me".
Actually Paul said it clearly:
Galatians 5:3

English Standard Version (ESV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

Unfortunate no all men are Equal, We are the Lucky GENTILES.
So then barring further evidence from the Old and New Testaments, it could be said at most that Gentiles are not called to keep the Torah. But observing it is far from spiritual adultery.

Aug 28, 2013
So then barring further evidence from the Old and New Testaments, it could be said at most that Gentiles are not called to keep the Torah. But observing it is far from spiritual adultery.
Galatians 3 says the saints in Galatia who allowed Judaizers to "bewitch" them into keeping the Law, were foolish to do so.

IN Romans, the Apostle Paul states it is adutery to go to the house of one person while married to another. He tells us we have been married to Christ, that we should not be going to the house of the Law.

Yes, it is indeed spiritual adultery to observe the Law. Paul said, "cast out the bondwoman and her son."

Mar 23, 2014
Actually Paul compared the grace law and gentile with a marriage, if a gentile is living the grace , will be spiritual adultery for him to put his eyes in the "law"
[h=3]Romans 7:1-6[/h]English Standard Version (ESV)

[h=3]Released from the Law[/h]7 Or do you not know, brothers[SUP][a][/SUP]—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? [SUP]2 [/SUP]For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage.[SUP][b][/SUP] [SUP]3 [/SUP]Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. [SUP]6 [/SUP]But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Galatians 3 says the saints in Galatia who allowed Judaizers to "bewitch" them into keeping the Law, were foolish to do so.

IN Romans, the Apostle Paul states it is adutery to go to the house of one person while married to another. He tells us we have been married to Christ, that we should not be going to the house of the Law.

Yes, it is indeed spiritual adultery to observe the Law. Paul said, "cast out the bondwoman and her son."
So believing Gentiles are married to Christ and are not allowed to obey the Law because that is "going to the house of the Law." But believing Jews like Paul are married to Christ and can go as they please? I think the analogy breaks down, because you both misunderstand and overextend it.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
In Galatians 3:2 and 4 Paul asked the Galatians why they were trying to reach perfection by depending on the flesh...
He urged them to remember that entirely new spiritual lives were given birth because of faith and the leaning on the HolySpirit...
So He asked , why did they need to try to reach perfection any way other then the way they began??..
He finished by telling them that if they did not stop this type of leagalistic behavior , everything that they had suffered
Would be in vain and accomplish no purpose....... sorryI had to jump in...i

john832

May 31, 2013

That is a metaphor,... do you know what is a metaphor?

But if your theory is correct, lets test it!, please let me know when you go to obey Luke 5:12-16.

I am really begging for your answer!
And you know this is a metaphor how? Perhaps you reckon ALL scripture is a metaphor and you are here to show us what is really meant by it.

Dec 12, 2013
that there may be WHAT in my house? Money? Nope... Food. Tithes were never paid or given in the form of money after God established the tithe in 1450 B.c.. Never... until religion tampered with it and distorted it m
How do you deal with the ambiguity of the word (INCREASE).......

ANY INCREASE?

Mar 23, 2014
And you know this is a metaphor how? Perhaps you reckon ALL scripture is a metaphor and you are here to show us what is really meant by it.
Why you did not comment about : Luke 5:12-16.
[h=3]Luke 5:12-16[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]12 [/SUP]And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

If you Pay tithing you also should do this offerings, the way moses requested.
And not do one but ignore the other.