Pentecost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
ResidentAlien + Niki7:

Just observing the quick back n forth here between the 2 of you I am reminded how you both serve the same God but have different views of doctrine. And that also reminds me of upbringing. It's fascinating that the message and doctrine associated to the message that brings people to salvation is the message people normally adhere to. But as we read the Bible there's generally only one true meaning to how a verse or structure of verses should actually mean. And that means that some have it correct and some do not.

For the most part, much of the Bible we can get wrong and it has no determination upon our salvation status. And we also have solid core scripture that no matter your/their/my doctrine may be that we all need to be seeing the meaning the same way.

Sometimes I look at doctrine and I wonder did they say, we must believe in Jesus, He's the only way to the Father, but on everything else let's be different? Because outside of Jesus and being the only way to the Father, on everything else non salvation issue, everyone is as different from night and day.

I see the argument between Reformation and Arminism just as I explained. The biggest difference is God made me be saved versus God offered me salvation.
not sure what your point is

this op was actually about the Day of Pentecost. I don't think it's a good idea to mock the Holy Spirit as has been done in this forum over and over

CS1

May 23, 2012
that is not at all what has gone on in this forum and I have exchanged a good number of posts with you and never told you to shut sit down and shut up

it's much more like you posting videos and mocking and telling others to sit down and shut up....in fact, I thought you had me on ignore because of all the scripture I posted to you illustrating the fact that the gifts are ligit ... neither God nor I nor anyone else is responsible to bear the burden of answering why there are fakes or those who cannot tell the difference between the Holy Spirit and another Spirit...that would be between those people and God

anyone cand do a search for your comments and for the threads you have started, anti-tongues in particular

I am far from indoctrinated, having been brought up in a very conservative church so I know both sides and I have been to many different churches and seen and heard alot of things...some very good and some very bad

oh you have told me to sit down and shut up with your non-responses and obvious dislike for things I have said in the past, And how did you do that? by ignoring all scripture posted (not just by me) and attempts to reason them out. you just won't hear of it

nice to 'hear' from you now tho
I have that guy on ingore very much Mr. Know it all

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
I have that guy on ingore very much Mr. Know it all
I was just looking into one of his famous threads in which he posted a video against tongues ...it's been awhile I think since he went whole hog on bashing certain spritual gifts

it was a video from a certain 'pastor/teacher' that had many complaints against him because of his 'cu;t like ' practices.

it's a shame the original intent of your op has been distorted...

CS1

May 23, 2012
I was just looking into one of his famous threads in which he posted a video against tongues ...it's been awhile I think since he went whole hog on bashing certain spritual gifts

it was a video from a certain 'pastor/teacher' that had many complaints against him because of his 'cu;t like ' practices.

it's a shame the original intent of your op has been distorted...

Hey, keep up the good work, and don't let them get you down. they are most likely single, angry, and lonely men.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Hey, keep up the good work, and don't let them get you down. they are most likely single, angry, and lonely men.

oh dear

did you check profiles? :giggle:

here is a post I made in the anti-tongues thread and I think it kinda fits in here....I was 'Polar' back then LOL! it was in response to the video posted by alien...the he was the star of the video....called a cult leader by his own congregation

That's because he did not make valid points. Those of us who do speak in tongues most likely understand there is abuse. Rather than the constant drip drip drip of your seeming self appointed obligation to denigrate all tongues, perhaps you should consult those who do experience this gift in the way it was intended. Mind you, people have tried to discuss that with you, but you will have none of it and continue to scoff.

You are not the qualifier for whether or not tongues has ceased. They have not; and they will not till that which is perfect is come.
Along with wisdom and prophecies.

What is always noticeable in these types of ops made by yourself and others here who have done the same...that is sought to disqualify any and all tongues occurring today, is that the same objections are always brought up, nothing new and evidence to the contrary from scripture itself, is passed over or interpreted from a personal bias.

That, is the actual blather. And while I am on the subject, there is no reason for you to address the responses you do not like as blather.

That, is also typical and to be expected from such who wish to besmirch and mock tongues in use today.

I cannot say with Paul that I speak in tongues more than anyone, but I can certainly say I thank God for this gift. It is not His fault for those who do not pay attention and abuse that gift. ALL gifts have been and are being abused.

That, is without question. Your dismissal of posts from others who have a godly and positive experience with the gift of speaking in tongues, is your dismissal which you are responsible for. That, and your attitude of seeming to believe you are some sort of expert on the subject.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I think what he probably meant was that people who haven't received the "baptism" should pray that prayer so they can receive it and be empowered. That's just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.

I have never received the so-called baptism of the Holy Spirit taught by full gospel doctrine and am not lacking any power whatsoever to be His witness. That's my experience.
Yes, you are correct.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I think what he probably meant was that people who haven't received the "baptism" should pray that prayer so they can receive it and be empowered. That's just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.

I have never received the so-called baptism of the Holy Spirit taught by full gospel doctrine and am not lacking any power whatsoever to be His witness. That's my experience.
It's never a Troll moment with you :).

The sad thing is the thread is about what happened on the day of Pentacost, and if that empowerment you have received, great!

Like your twin, who is also trolling this topic, you can't see the context. If you have never received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, that is okay. I would suggest you lack one thing: self-control and humility. You totally missed the message on my thread. Like most trolls you sure look to post on it. LOL

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
not sure what your point is

this op was actually about the Day of Pentecost. I don't think it's a good idea to mock the Holy Spirit as has been done in this forum over and over
I am a continuist opposed to cessationism and do not buy the Bible written as the "perfect" Paul was speaking about. And I would even go as far to say the things I have witnessed and been directly a part of that were indeed without a doubt miraculous I get see over cessasionist because I believe God still works the same today. But it doesn't mean the cessasionist are not saved. It also means they're missing out on a great deal what God could be doing for them if they did believe.

It's like that old country song Gospel song.

A man who is a faithful servant of God asks for God to visit him.
God grants the man's wish and tells the man He will visit on this specific day.
So the man makes preparations so he can feed God and welcome Him with the many Blessings that God has provided unto him.
While the man is waiting a knock on the door and it was a beggar.
The man helps the beggar but is rushing the time because he;s looking for the Lord.
A little while longer another knock on the door and the man runs to the door thinking it is finally God.
But it's a man with a flat tire and needs so the man helps but is rushing the situation because he's looking for the Lord to come.
The evening is getting later and finally there's another knock on the door and man is so relieved because this time it has to be God.
But when he opens the door it's a man that is lost but the weather is so bad he asks if they can come in and wait out the storm.
The man allows them to come him but he's kind of not as friendly as he should be because he's looking for the Lord to come by.
About midnight the storm was over and the man left on his way.
Disappointed and rejected.
The man prayed to God and said Lord You said you would visit me today and here it is after midnight and You never showed up.
God said to the man, what do you mean?
God went onto to say I was the beggar, I was the man with car issues, and I was the man who you let wait out the storm.
I visited you 3 times and kept My word.

Cessasionists completely miss out who is before them because they're blinded to the possibilities by the limitations they place upon God.

I remembered parts of the song wrong but here's the song:

CS1

May 23, 2012
I am a continuist opposed to cessationism and do not buy the Bible written as the "perfect" Paul was speaking about. And I would even go as far to say the things I have witnessed and been directly a part of that were indeed without a doubt miraculous I get see over cessasionist because I believe God still works the same today. But it doesn't mean the cessasionist are not saved. It also means they're missing out on a great deal what God could be doing for them if they did believe.

It's like that old country song Gospel song.

A man who is a faithful servant of God asks for God to visit him.
God grants the man's wish and tells the man He will visit on this specific day.
So the man makes preparations so he can feed God and welcome Him with the many Blessings that God has provided unto him.
While the man is waiting a knock on the door and it was a beggar.
The man helps the beggar but is rushing the time because he;s looking for the Lord.
A little while longer another knock on the door and the man runs to the door thinking it is finally God.
But it's a man with a flat tire and needs so the man helps but is rushing the situation because he's looking for the Lord to come.
The evening is getting later and finally there's another knock on the door and man is so relieved because this time it has to be God.
But when he opens the door it's a man that is lost but the weather is so bad he asks if they can come in and wait out the storm.
The man allows them to come him but he's kind of not as friendly as he should be because he's looking for the Lord to come by.
About midnight the storm was over and the man left on his way.
Disappointed and rejected.
The man prayed to God and said Lord You said you would visit me today and here it is after midnight and You never showed up.
God went onto to say I was the beggar, I was the man with car issues, and I was the man who you let wait out the storm.

Cessasionists completely miss out who is before them because they're blinded to the possibilities by the limitations they place upon God.

I agree. In fact, you will not see one post where I have said they are not saved, have a devil, or claimed they blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

You will see all of them, with few exceptions, will call you names and attack your intellect.

In your mentioning of 1Cor chapter 13: 8-10, Cessationists have been called on it. Asked to show me where it states that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are not for today, and they result in some kind of Folklore or urban legend or mysticism.

They cannot provide any biblical support, only metaphorical or symbolic support, and they cannot establish a normative relationship with scripture.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I agree. In fact, you will not see one post where I have said they are not saved, have a devil, or claimed they blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

You will see all of them, with few exceptions, will call you names and attack your intellect.

In your mentioning of 1Cor chapter 13: 8-10, Cessationists have been called on it. Asked to show me where it states that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are not for today, and they result in some kind of Folklore or urban legend or mysticism.

They cannot provide any biblical support, only metaphorical or symbolic support, and they cannot establish a normative relationship with scripture.
Amen, I agree with you 100% (y)

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
totally....you should know tho, that cessationists in this forum have often quoted as 'babblers' as they like to say, as saying if you do not speak in tongues then you are not saved. I don't know of anyone here who has ever said that but someone might have...but the Bible never states such a thing. so it's a red herring brought up by some

never heard that one, but similar. like Jesus said when asked 'who is your neighbor' ...parable of the good Samaritan

Cessasionists completely miss out who is before them because they're blinded to the possibilities by the limitations they place upon God
well you know when you think all knowledge is passed that could happen ;) :)

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
ha...for one reason or another just thought of cessationists as 'fire control' experts

that life and fire of the Holy Spirit inside of a person cannot be put out.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
totally....you should know tho, that cessationists in this forum have often quoted as 'babblers' as they like to say, as saying if you do not speak in tongues then you are not saved. I don't know of anyone here who has ever said that but someone might have...but the Bible never states such a thing. so it's a red herring brought up by some

never heard that one, but similar. like Jesus said when asked 'who is your neighbor' ...parable of the good Samaritan

well you know when you think all knowledge is passed that could happen ;):)
Well put and I appreciate the information so I know from now on going into discussions that involve cessationist on these forums (y)

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I have answered this to you in depth in many other threads you have trolled. I have provided scripture to explain and show the Biblical working of the Holy Spirit, who comes into the believer and comes Upon the believer. Jesus said this in John chapter 14:17

I have provided John Chapter 1
John chapter 14
Luke 24
Acts 1:8

To show you the work of the Spirit of God, known as the Holy Spirit, who came upon the prophets, kings, Judges, and priests in the Old Testament. As Joel 2 says, the Same Spirit is now for all. again

The scriptures show us in John chapter 20:22

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

The Apostles Received the Holy Spirit, and Jesus told them to wait for its power. Were they not?

That means the Holy Spirit needs to do something else. We are saved in them, for Bare witness.

Romans 8:16

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"

Then the Holy Spirit came upon them and empowered them after they had the Holy Spirit in them. You can't Box God
and try to intellectualize the supernatural work f the Holy Spirit

God is everywhere, is he not? Yet HE can be near.
God sees all and hears all, Yet HE doesn't hear the unrighteous prayers.

Again, If you received the Empowering of the Holy Spirit, God bless you, go be a powerful witness of our Lord, and then come and testify of what God did through you.
This is your way of understanding.
The apostles had before pentecost no baptising with the Holy Spirit.
And what then with Thomas, he was not there (John 20, 24. )
You create an doctrine which never was taught in the word of God. And you could not show me that it was taught!
Well anyway, we will find here on earth no agreement according this. You could not show it me from the bible. Otherwise I would believe it.
And I am not what you call a troll. Only because i do not believe in pentecostal and charismatic doctrines.
Yes, I got a gift from the Holy Spirit when I was baptised with the Holy Spirit. To distinct the Spirits.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
you must have the limited edition 'Ain't no more acts of the Holy Spirit' Bible, forward by the 'Cessationist Society of Bible Editors'
I believe that the Holy Spirit still works today in the believers and through them, according his will. But I do not believe all man made doctrines.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
May 19, 2024 is certainly not the correct day to celebrate Pentecost. Not the 7th week after Easter. Even Israel does not celebrate Pentecost on a timely basis because they count 50 days after the day of Passover. on Sivan 6th.

Lev 23:15 “And you shall count from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven full weeks shall they be, 16 counting fifty days to the morrow after the seventh sabbath;

The correct dating for Pentecost is June 16th on year 2024

From the Sabbath day after the Day of Passover you count 7 more Sabbaths.
In the Old Testament the day of Pentecost was celebrated 50 days after the day of Passover.

So it would seem like it would be the same for the New Testament which it would have to be for why call it Pentecost if it is not the same.

Which Pentecost is also known as the feast of weeks, and would be symbolic in the natural realm of receiving the Holy Spirit.

Like feast of tabernacles is when the Jews went to Jerusalem to the temple to worship the LORD, which the heathen that Jesus rules over in the millennial reign has to keep the feast of tabernacles, and go up from year to year to worship the LORD who is Jesus.

I did not think about it too much before but the Jews say it was celebrated 50 days after the day of Passover.

Yah, but what do the Jews know for they are no experts in the Old Testament even though it was given to them.

CS1

May 23, 2012
This is your way of understanding.
The apostles had before pentecost no baptising with the Holy Spirit.
And what then with Thomas, he was not there (John 20, 24. )
You create an doctrine which never was taught in the word of God. And you could not show me that it was taught!
Well anyway, we will find here on earth no agreement according this. You could not show it me from the bible. Otherwise I would believe it.
And I am not what you call a troll. Only because i do not believe in pentecostal and charismatic doctrines.
Yes, I got a gift from the Holy Spirit when I was baptised with the Holy Spirit. To distinct the Spirits.
That is where you need to read more :

I did not create a doctrine you did. I told you this before: I'm sure you forgot that doctrine means teaching. There is not end to teaching as long as it is from the word of God called and APPLICATION. I know it's hard for you to get that, But I have told you that many times. Get some sleep.

I'm glad you brought up Thomas. Yes, Thomas was not there the first time Jesus came, BUT FYI, Jesus came Back, and was it Thomas who said, My Lord and MY GOD? I think it was after seeing Jesus resurrected.

Did Thomas come to know that by HIS own intellect or the Holy Spirit?

6 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!”

That statement is used today as Doctrine ( teaching ) of the Deity of Christ being God.
It is clear Jesus did not have to say Receive the Holy Spirit because Thomas received the Revelation of Christ and the Holy Spirit right then by his very Confession. As the Holy Spirit helped him.

A troll is what you do. I couldn't care less if you agree with the word of God and you were shown by the word of God as I have yet again provided it to you. But as it is your habit, I see your mouth but no text or verses at all to refute what I have provided in scripture. You would not believe it because of your bias and hate.

I am not trying to convince you, LOL. I am not going to stand by and allow you to lie and create a false narrative.

"
Yes, I got a gift from the Holy Spirit when I was baptised with the Holy Spirit. To distinct the Spirits."

No, you are not the only one I have called a troll. That is correct. In fact, on its web page and Website, there are many of them. Ahiest, Muslims, cult followers, etc.. who hide behind the posts with their handles.

Okay, that is fine. You don't believe in Pentecostal Teaching, and my feelings are not hurt one bit. Did you get a Gift from the Holy Spirit when you were baptized? To distinguish the Spirit? What gift did you get?

That is very profound. Please explain :

• what gift did you Get
  • how do you know you got it
  • When you were Baptized with the Holy Spirit, how do you know that happened?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
I believe that the Holy Spirit still works today in the believers and through them, according his will. But I do not believe all man made doctrines.
I am not suffering from a lack of memory. I know what you believe. I really don't know why you are so convinced you have to interject your unbelief in the gift of tongues every chance you get

Thing is tho, you went out of your way to do it in this particular thread

Isn't that drink finished yet? :cool:

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Well put and I appreciate the information so I know from now on going into discussions that involve cessationist on these forums (y)
it's the mocking that really speaks volumes

disagree, we all do at some time at some point...but the mocking is an attempt to make people seem stupid and ignorant

should not happen in a Christian forum IMO