Pentecost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I disagree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO I find it foolish to think celebrating the feasts of the Lord at the proper time is meaningless.

4 But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,

Your reenactment of events are based on a man's thinking not God

I can see the Lord will come as a thief because of your unbelief

CS1

May 23, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO I find it foolish to think celebrating the feasts of the Lord at the proper time is meaningless.

4 But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,

Your reenactment of events is based on a man's thinking, not God

I can see the Lord will come as a thief because of your unbelief
Well, my brother, the purpose of my Thread was not to reenact the event or recreate the Upper Room Experience. But to speak to what is clearly seen and has been known even by those who oppose the gifts of the Holy Spirit as the Birth of the Church Historically.

I am not trying to focus on any feast. I am not saying there was a special empowerment on that day. We recognized the empowerment of the Church by the Holy Spirit. However,

The Holy Spirit is essential to the Church. Jesus said in John's 14th chapter concerning the importance of the "Comforter."

• 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

• 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Jesus said "You shall receive Power after the Holy Spirit has Come Upon you and you shall be my witnesses" Acts 1:8

Jesus was our Example as a man to live for God. WE are to Immate HIM

Jesus said repent we need to do that

Jesus said believe on HIM , we need to do that

Jesus was Baptized in water, we need to do that
Jesus received the Holy Spirit upon him , WE need to do that

Jesus went about healing all who were pressed by the Devil; we need to do that
Jesus did everything to Please the Father and DO his WILL; we should do the same.

Whatever Jesus did, we should do. Why?

CAUSE JESUS CALLED US TO BE HIS SERVANTS.

If Jesus did nothing without the Holy Spirit's empowerment, why would we try to do anything without the Holy Spirit?

When Jesus said you could do nothing apart from him.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
That is where you need to read more :

I did not create a doctrine you did. I told you this before: I'm sure you forgot that doctrine means teaching. There is not end to teaching as long as it is from the word of God called and APPLICATION. I know it's hard for you to get that, But I have told you that many times. Get some sleep.

I'm glad you brought up Thomas. Yes, Thomas was not there the first time Jesus came, BUT FYI, Jesus came Back, and was it Thomas who said, My Lord and MY GOD? I think it was after seeing Jesus resurrected.

Did Thomas come to know that by HIS own intellect or the Holy Spirit?

6 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!”

That statement is used today as Doctrine ( teaching ) of the Deity of Christ being God.
It is clear Jesus did not have to say Receive the Holy Spirit because Thomas received the Revelation of Christ and the Holy Spirit right then by his very Confession. As the Holy Spirit helped him.

A troll is what you do. I couldn't care less if you agree with the word of God and you were shown by the word of God as I have yet again provided it to you. But as it is your habit, I see your mouth but no text or verses at all to refute what I have provided in scripture. You would not believe it because of your bias and hate.

I am not trying to convince you, LOL. I am not going to stand by and allow you to lie and create a false narrative.

"
And I am not what you call a troll. Only because i do not believe in pentecostal and charismatic doctrines.
Yes, I got a gift from the Holy Spirit when I was baptised with the Holy Spirit. To distinct the Spirits."

No, you are not the only one I have called a troll. That is correct. In fact, on its web page and Website, there are many of them. Ahiest, Muslims, cult followers, etc.. who hide behind the posts with their handles.

Okay, that is fine. You don't believe in Pentecostal Teaching, and my feelings are not hurt one bit. Did you get a Gift from the Holy Spirit when you were baptized? To distinguish the Spirit? What gift did you get?

That is very profound. Please explain :

• what gift did you Get
  • how do you know you got it
  • When you were Baptized with the Holy Spirit, how do you know that happened?
Well, the gift to discern the spirits. It was there after I turned to Christ. At this time i did know very less from the bible. I was in no church. But if someone told religious things i could know it is from God or not. I met very much sect members with strange teachings.

When Jesus came into my life I confessed my sins , asked for forgiveness.
After that I knew inward, that I am a child of God. The date was 3rd of october 1987.
So far in short words.

And it is Gods grace! That I am his child.
He saved me. Before this day I knew that God is there. But with Jesus I had nothing to do.
At this 3rd of october God opend my eyes for my sins and lostness. And my only wish was to come to Jesus.
He gave me a new life!
I asked for no gift. It was there!

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well, the gift to discern the spirits. It was there after I turned to Christ. At this time i did know very less from the bible. I was in no church. But if someone told religious things i could know it is from God or not. I met very much sect members with strange teachings.

When Jesus came into my life I confessed my sins , asked for forgiveness.
After that I knew inward, that I am a child of God. The date was 3rd of october 1987.
So far in short words.

And it is Gods grace! That I am his child.
He saved me. Before this day I knew that God is there. But with Jesus I had nothing to do.
At this 3rd of october God opend my eyes for my sins and lostness. And my only wish was to come to Jesus.
He gave me a new life!
I asked for no gift. It was there!

For your information, you don't have the gift of discerning spirits. You seem to be more of a churchhopper who has had issues with every place you have been. You have a critical spirit but not a discerning one. You perceive that your intellect gives you what you believe is discernment, but in reality, it is your own personal experience that you make and form your understanding. That is not discernment that is experience. Discernment is God-breathed, which let you know if one is spiritual.

To begin with, we find that the gift of the discernment or distinguishing of spirits is only mentioned once in the New Testament. The nature of the gift is not explained or defined.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I am not suffering from a lack of memory. I know what you believe. I really don't know why you are so convinced you have to interject your unbelief in the gift of tongues every chance you get

Thing is tho, you went out of your way to do it in this particular thread

Isn't that drink finished yet? :cool:
You realy know what I believe? Then you must know that I have nothing against the gift of speaking in tongues if it is from God.
The Holy Spirit gives the gifts as he want. Right?
Does he gives the gifts according which denomination someone belongs?
Why we find then speaking in tongues only in charismatic and pentecostal movements?
Should we not expect to find tounge speaking in every believer? Indepent he has ever heared from pentecostals or charismatic? But we do not.
So what is wrong?
Are all believers before 1900 or all believers which are not belong to the pentecostal and charismatic movements wrong.?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
For your information, you don't have the gift of discerning spirits. You seem to be more of a churchhopper who has had issues with every place you have been. You have a critical spirit but not a discerning one. You perceive that your intellect gives you what you believe is discernment, but in reality, it is your own personal experience that you make and form your understanding. That is not discernment that is experience. Discernment is God-breathed, which let you know if one is spiritual.

To begin with, we find that the gift of the discernment or distinguishing of spirits is only mentioned once in the New Testament. The nature of the gift is not explained or defined.
Judge me like you want. Its not me who shows me what is right and what not.
And I have this since I became a believer.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I suppose its not the question that the Holy Spirit gives the gifts as the bible says.
Its the question how it is taught since 1900 in some Christian movements. Which makes it difficult to believe that certain gifts are still there which were not there after the apostolic time.
Actually, Speaking in Tongues was revived in 1896 in a Revival in Cherokee County, North Carolina headlining 5 BAPTIST Preachers where the Holy Spirit fell on all in the revival and they began Speaking in Tongues known as the Shearer Schoolhouse Revival.

Baptist preachers were Richard Spurling, William Martin, Billy Hamby, Joe Tipton and Milton McNabb.

The Baptist kicked them out of the Denomination and they became the Church of God.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You realy know what I believe? Then you must know that I have nothing against the gift of speaking in tongues if it is from God.
Why we find then speaking in tongues only in charismatic and pentecostal movements?
Should we not expect to find tounge speaking in every believer? Indepent he has ever heared from pentecostals or charismatic? But we do not.
So what is wrong?
Are all believers before 1900 or all believers which are not belong to the pentecostal and charismatic movements wrong.?
First off, tongues not only in the Charismatic Pentecostal movements.

lol

CS1

May 23, 2012
Judge me like you want. Its not me who shows me what is right and what not.
And I have this since I became a believer.

FYI, the word of God should show you what is right and what is not. LOL.

CS1

May 23, 2012
So what is wrong?
Are all believers before 1900 or all believers who do not belong to the Pentecostal and charismatic movements wrong.?

The Movements were called as such because the words are in the Bible. Charismatics comes from the Greek word for Gifts. Pentacostel comes from the event that happened in Acts chapter two.

No, these events are not only in what is known as Charismatics FYI, before they were called "Charismatics.

They were known as Anglican, Presbyterian, and Methodist. Lutheran and Baptist. The reason why they were called Charismatic movements was because the gifts were showing up in these Churches.

FYI, many Catholics experienced this and left the RCC to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. If you did not know this, YOU lack much in history and in discerning what is a Move of God.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Today is Pentacost Sunday. 50 days after the Resurrection of Our Lord, 10 days after his ascension, the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon the 120. Acts chapter 2.

Jesus said you will receive Power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you to be a witness.

Now, the word "Witness" there in Greek is Martyr.
But I would like to focus on the part about what it means to be a Witness and why they need power.

Jesus said you shall receive Power to be an effective witness of HIM Acts 1:8 . What are we witnessing?

Well, it is the Resurrection of Christ.

The Gospel message is and has always been; according to 1 Cor 15:3-4, the gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

This part

“The Gospel message is and has always been; according to 1 Cor 15:3-4, the gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. “

Is that all the gospel is ? what do you do with the gospel Jesus was sent into the world to preach he said would save souls. ?

The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what do you do with what Jesus said about eternal salvation which he said was the gospel of the kingdom of God ?

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1, 14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42‬ ‭

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:23, 30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s a mistake to interpret Paul as saying “ Jesus died and rose and there’s no more To the gospel. The gospel is something the prophets said Jesus would come to preach this is also the gospel

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

also the gospel

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel according to Matthew who was among those at pentocost the gospel according to John who was present at pentocost ect Paul saying this doesn’t erase the rest of the gospel

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

remember he said if they kept in memory what he preached to them meaning the gospel of the kingdom they were all commanded to spread abroad

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We can’t accept Jesus death and resurrection call it the gospel to the exclusion of what he said preaching the gospel.

People forget pul preached in these places for three years the kingdom of God he didn’t just wrote a letter to them he first preached the gospel and built them into a church over years of preaching like Jesus did

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25, 31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul’s telling them if they abide in his doctrine the gospel of the kingdom he was commissioned to preach by Jesus if they keep it in mind what hed preached

What he isn’t doing is erasing everything and saying “ only believe this part and reject the rest of what the lord said and what ive taught you

for instance he’s saying keep this in mind Corinthians

also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

also of we keep this kind of thing in mind that pul and all of them oreached we’ll be saved

“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:1, 3-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

notice he said if you keep in mind what I’ve preached and then he said “ unless have believed Jesus died and rose in vein “

Paul’s not excluding everything else of the gospel He’s saying if you abide in the doctrine you’ll be saved through Jesus death burial and resurrection

CS1

May 23, 2012
This part

“The Gospel message is and has always been; according to 1 Cor 15:3-4, the gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. “

Is that all the gospel is ? what do you do with the gospel Jesus was sent into the world to preach he said would save souls. ?

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

what do you do with what Jesus said about eternal salvation which he said was the gospel of the kingdom of God ?

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.”

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.”

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”

It’s a mistake to interpret Paul as saying “ Jesus died and rose and there’s no more To the gospel. The gospel is something the prophets said Jesus would come to preach this is also the gospel

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

also the gospel

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

The gospel according to Matthew who was among those at pentocost the gospel according to John who was present at pentocost ect Paul saying this doesn’t erase the rest of the gospel

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”

remember he said if they kept in memory what he preached to them meaning the gospel of the kingdom they were all commanded to spread abroad

We can’t accept Jesus death and resurrection call it the gospel to the exclusion of what he said preaching the gospel.

People forget pul preached in these places for three years the kingdom of God he didn’t just wrote a letter to them he first preached the gospel and built them into a church over years of preaching like Jesus did

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”

Paul’s telling them if they abide in his doctrine the gospel of the kingdom he was commissioned to preach by Jesus if they keep it in mind what hed preached

What he isn’t doing is erasing everything and saying “ only believe this part and reject the rest of what the lord said and what ive taught you

also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

also of we keep this kind of thing in mind that pul and all of them oreached we’ll be saved

“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”

notice he said if you keep in mind what I’ve preached and then he said “ unless have believed Jesus died and rose in vein “

Paul’s not excluding everything else of the gospel He’s saying if you abide in the doctrine you’ll be saved through Jesus death burial and resurrection
Yes, amen, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is the death Burial and Resurrection. Amen, amen.

YET the Apostles did not preach the Gospel until they were empowered by the Holy Spirit Acts chapter 2

Jesus told them to wait UNTIL you have received Power from on high Luke chapter 24.
The gospel was not preached until they heard the great commotion which they were told "this is that which was spoken by the Prophets Joel. "

Healing are not preaching the Gospel But Jesus and the Apostles went about healing all that were oppressed on the devil. Tongues was not the gospel message but they spoken tongues before they preached the Gospel.

God confirmed His word with signs and wonder which I believe He does today because the word of God doesn't say HE stopped.

CS1

May 23, 2012
This part

also the gospel

you are trying to use the word of God while leaving out much context.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes, amen, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is the death Burial and Resurrection. Amen, amen.

YET the Apostles did not preach the Gospel until they were empowered by the Holy Spirit Acts chapter 2

Jesus told them to wait UNTIL you have received Power from on high Luke chapter 24.
The gospel was not preached until they heard the great commotion which they were told "this is that which was spoken by the Prophets Joel. "

Healing are not preaching the Gospel But Jesus and the Apostles went about healing all that were oppressed on the devil. Tongues was not the gospel message but they spoken tongues before they preached the Gospel.

God confirmed His word with signs and wonder which I believe He does today because the word of God doesn't say HE stopped.
“Yes, amen, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is the death Burial and Resurrection. Amen, amen.”

Yeah thats part of it. The rest is what Jesus preached regarding salvstion and eternal life

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Lol I’m leaving out context by pointing out the gospel is what Jesus came into the world to preach and sent his apostles to preach and not only his death and resurrection ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I’m saying the gospel is found here

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and I’m saying Jesus the lord preached it first in Israel then he told them

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

And then he told them this

then after he died and rose in the gospel he was given all authority over all people and he told his disciples to go preach what he had taught them to everyone

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭

what I’m saying is Paul saying this in a letter to the Corinthians

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, ( he preached the fospem of the kingdom for years ) unless ye have believed in vain.

my point is read a full letter of Paul’s he’s saying if you believe what I’m preaching you’ll be saved through Jesus death and resurrection unless you believes in vein ( disregarding my preaching )

Paul taught all the same things Jesus taught his letters are just that songle epistles addressed to Chris he’s already long established in the gospel of the kingdom its why he makes so many references to the doctrine he preached

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you”

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Keep in mind the gospel of the kingdom of God .

my point isn’t out of context I’m saying Paul was t eliminating the rest of what is taught in the gospel and saying “ if you don’t believe the rest your saved “ he’s actually saying “ if you keep in mind the gospel of the kingdom we preach you’ll be saved through Jesus death and resurrection “

They didn’t just go around witnessing “ jesus rose “ they were doing what he commanded them to do go teach everyone the gospel I taught you whoever believes will be saved

a you can read a whole epistle of oils and actually gather that he was preaching the same gospel Jesus did before he died and rose about his kingdom

Keep in mind what I preached to you

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭

“But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:3-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we don’t ignore the doctrine we’ll be saved through his death and resurrection of we do we’ll be judged by those same words we reject

One of the things they were commanded to preach

Peter to gentile

‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul to the church at Corinth who he said “ if you keep in mind what I’m preached to you “

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭

If we dont reject the doctrine regarding repentance and righteousness and the judgement of Christ Jesus the lord we’ll be saved through his death and resurrection

that’s all I’m saying paul preached the gospel of the kingdom he’s only telling them there that if they accept the things he’s preached and dont reject them the death and resurrection certainly a part of the gospel will save them

jesus taught the same thing before he died to keep his words in mind and trust in his atonement which he was soon to accomplish. In the end we need this it’s what Jesus sent to the world for salvation thisnis where the gospel is seen and heard that the apostles were talking about in the epistles

gods promise of no condemnation and everlasting life seems pretty relevant since he’s been promising to come speak salvation for ages

Christs death and resurrection can also condemn people who reject the word that comes with it

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan

People forget Paul preached in these places for three years the kingdom of God he didn’t just wrote a letter to them he first preached the gospel and built them into a church over years of preaching like Jesus did

Paul’s telling them if they abide in his doctrine the gospel of the kingdom he was commissioned to preach by Jesus if they keep it in mind what he'd preached
Hey brother,

The gospel is "glad tidings" and "good news" indeed! In The Gospel According to Mark, the scope of the gospel is all encompassing and emphasized in the very first chapter:

Mark 1:14

New King James Version

Jesus Begins His Galilean Ministry

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God,

The gospel is not just about Jesus, the central focus and foundation for sure. It is about the kingdom of God and all it represents. Jesus told us that His kingdom is not of this world, and He brought us the good news that His kingdom will transform this world to become aligned with our loving God and His ultimate plans for His creation.

All four gospel accounts dive into the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, good news and a central focus of the gospel no doubt. But, God doesn't stop there. Jesus ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Head of His church. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to preach and teach the gospel, and we look forward to the return of Jesus, who will fully establish His kingdom here on earth by removing Satan as "the god of this age" and establishing a new age of life in His kingdom the way it was intended to be prior to our choice in the garden to "...be like God, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
I am neither Charismatic or Pentecostal. I have a very conservative background

I have the gift of tongues.

Consider your own attitude and then get back to me. (not actually an invitation)

So what is wrong?
Are all believers before 1900 or all believers which are not belong to the pentecostal and charismatic movements wrong.
Since your premise of exclusivity regarding the gift of tongues as being solely the propriership of Pentecostals and Charismatics, it is only logical to assume your assessment of the gift is also wrong.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hey brother,

The gospel is "glad tidings" and "good news" indeed! In The Gospel According to Mark, the scope of the gospel is all encompassing and emphasized in the very first chapter:

Mark 1:14

New King James Version

Jesus Begins His Galilean Ministry

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God,

The gospel is not just about Jesus, the central focus and foundation for sure. It is about the kingdom of God and all it represents. Jesus told us that His kingdom is not of this world, and He brought us the good news that His kingdom will transform this world to become aligned with our loving God and His ultimate plans for His creation.

All four gospel accounts dive into the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, good news and a central focus of the gospel no doubt. But, God doesn't stop there. Jesus ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Head of His church. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to preach and teach the gospel, and we look forward to the return of Jesus, who will fully establish His kingdom here on earth by removing Satan as "the god of this age" and establishing a new age of life in His kingdom the way it was intended to be prior to our choice in the garden to "...be like God, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).
Amen if we abide in Christ we’ll be fine

“Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1-6‬ ‭