Placebo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laodicea

You are silly because he said God gave us a soul and "thats a false doctrine" Did Satan create and give you your soul? Then where do you think you got it? LoL Sorry you make no sense.
The Bible says man became a soul it does not say man was given a soul. Because you continue to provide nothing but your own oppion proves the error.

M

miktre

The Bible says man became a soul it does not say man was given a soul. Because you continue to provide nothing but your own oppion proves the error.
Again your hope to discredit falls short, those verses were for talking about Adam personally, did got also form you personally from dust? LoL

The way you describe a soul it can't be taken away either. wrong, you:
Job_27:8 For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

Job a false teacher also? A small child could read this and understand God taketh the soul because He is the one that gaveth, Lol it's simple. Read more and pray about it. Want more verses?

S

squidget

revelation 18 is an interesting study especially place in this current time of this age
ephesians 1 likewise
and mark chapter 7

interesting man will hold fast to traditions over simple study of the word and once it is reported contrary to these traditions they are immediately a heretic.
it is up to select all teaching base it entirely upon scripture and put aside everything else and then the topic that is discussed can be seen for what it is.

there has been only one that taught perfect theology and he sits at the right hand of the Father now after that has been a mans interpretation

the church is dead yet many want to ride it still

Oct 20, 2011
Realistically we have to try and do our best. I just hate how much temptations seems to be lurking everywhere. I can't stand it. No matter where I turn there some temptations put in my face. We do have to try and do our best though each day and not be hypocrits

L

Laodicea

Again your hope to discredit falls short, those verses were for talking about Adam personally, did got also form you personally from dust? LoL

The way you describe a soul it can't be taken away either. wrong, you:
Job_27:8 For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

Job a false teacher also? A small child could read this and understand God taketh the soul because He is the one that gaveth, Lol it's simple. Read more and pray about it. Want more verses?

All you have done is make it as though the Bible contradicts itself. When man was created man became a soul, man was not given a soul
Genesis 2:7
(7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It is no different for us
Isaiah 44:2
(2) Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

The text you showed does not say man is given a soul, I suggest you do a study on soul. here is some info for you on the soul.

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 2:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]soul.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These texts show other words translated from the same word as soul highlighted in red
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(21) And God created great whales, and every living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]creature[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 23:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(8) And he communed with them, saying, If it be your [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mind[/FONT][FONT=&quot]that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 36:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(6) And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]persons[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 12:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(16) And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]man[/FONT][FONT=&quot] must eat, that only may be done of you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 23:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(9) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the heart[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 2:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(1) And when [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]any[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will offer a meat offering unto the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 4:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(27) And if any [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 11:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(10) And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 11:44[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(44) For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]yourselves,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 17:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(11) For [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 21:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(11) Neither shall he go in to any dead [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]body,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 24:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(18) And he that killeth [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a beast[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall make it good; beast for beast.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(16) I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of heart:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

All the words in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]red [/FONT][FONT=&quot]are translated from the same word as soul. So then according to this what is the soul?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Soul in the New Testament, words highlighted in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]red[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(28) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]soul:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] but rather fear him which is able to destroy both [/FONT][FONT=&quot]soul [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and body in hell.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(39) He that findeth his [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall lose it: and he that loseth his [/FONT][FONT=&quot]life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for my sake shall find it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 6:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(6) Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the heart;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Philippians 1:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(27) Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mind[/FONT][FONT=&quot] striving together for the faith of the gospel;

All the words in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]red[/FONT][FONT=&quot] are translated from the same word as soul so then to put all of these verses together from both the OT and NT what is the soul? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Oct 20, 2011
hmmmmm looks very interesting. The way I look at it is there's a lot of information out there. Tons that one could look up. And I did. I studied a lot of bizzare topics for over a year. Found out how crazy some things are out there. How morbid and sick people and other entities are. But I started to realize that I was not only losing my innocences in learning about this stuff but it was really effecting me. So I turned off all of it. I just realized that like it says in the bible to think on what is righteous and to gaurd your thoughts from the evil out there. Yes we know there are demons, satan etc etc. But we shouldn't dwell on such things. The more we do the more it actually could effect you in a negative fashion. Because it's so easy to start worrying about it all, start fearing whats out there, start being pessimistic about life and the future, and I could go on and on. All negative. Then I was thinking about the verse that says "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he". so if you think on what is good, righteous, holy, beautiful, wonderful those things are peaceful joyful hopeful and nuritiousmnet for the mind body spirit and soul. So I think when it comes to a lot of unusual knowledge like this video I think it's okay to listen just don't get absorbed by it all. Just dwell on Gods word and what he has to say and instruct. That way life remains peaceful and joyful the way God wants for his people. Not full of the kind of worry and fear that you can get from learning too much about too many hidden secrets about the world. So I'm just saying guard your thoughts, preserve your innocense that way, and just be happy and joyful and enjoy your walk with the Lord. I'm sure that's what he wants more than dwelling on demons and all kinds of negative forces that are out there lerking in the shadows. Remember demons tremble in fear in the presence of a christian. We are made above demons and angels. Anyway that's all I have to say, guard you mind my friends.

B

Bornfromabove

Believers who have died are with Christ at this very moment.

The meaning of the following verses is obvious, blunt, and plain...and only someone who is blinded by a particular doctrine will interpret this verses to mean something other than what they obviously mean.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Php 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
Php 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Php 1:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

P

psychomom

miktre- my apologies. the vid is so long i listened to it while folding laundry and making dinner, so i was listening, but not watching.
At about 3 minutes, 40 seconds the words are written on the screen that properly quote the Bible verse, but the narrator omits the word "once".
(Hebrews 9:27)

I'm r-e-a-l-l-y not comfortable with conflict, and see no point in arguing with you about your own belief in what is said in the video. That's between you and the Lord. I just posted this for the sake of anyone reading this.

I hope I am not giving you offense. My opinion is my own, nothing more. But I do stand by what I said.

Blessings- ~ellie

M

miktre

revelation 18 is an interesting study especially place in this current time of this age
ephesians 1 likewise
and mark chapter 7

interesting man will hold fast to traditions over simple study of the word and once it is reported contrary to these traditions they are immediately a heretic.
it is up to select all teaching base it entirely upon scripture and put aside everything else and then the topic that is discussed can be seen for what it is.

there has been only one that taught perfect theology and he sits at the right hand of the Father now after that has been a mans interpretation

the church is dead yet many want to ride it still
You summed it up pretty nice

M

miktre

All you have done is make it as though the Bible contradicts itself. When man was created man became a soul, man was not given a soul
Genesis 2:7
(7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It is no different for us
Isaiah 44:2
(2) Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

The text you showed does not say man is given a soul, I suggest you do a study on soul. here is some info for you on the soul.

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 2:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]soul.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These texts show other words translated from the same word as soul highlighted in red
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(21) And God created great whales, and every living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]creature[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 23:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(8) And he communed with them, saying, If it be your [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mind[/FONT][FONT=&quot]that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 36:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(6) And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]persons[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 12:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(16) And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]man[/FONT][FONT=&quot] must eat, that only may be done of you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 23:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(9) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the heart[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 2:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(1) And when [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]any[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will offer a meat offering unto the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 4:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(27) And if any [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 11:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(10) And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 11:44[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(44) For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]yourselves,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 17:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(11) For [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 21:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(11) Neither shall he go in to any dead [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]body,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 24:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(18) And he that killeth [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a beast[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall make it good; beast for beast.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(16) I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of heart:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

All the words in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]red [/FONT][FONT=&quot]are translated from the same word as soul. So then according to this what is the soul?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Soul in the New Testament, words highlighted in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]red[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(28) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]soul:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] but rather fear him which is able to destroy both [/FONT][FONT=&quot]soul [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and body in hell.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(39) He that findeth his [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall lose it: and he that loseth his [/FONT][FONT=&quot]life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for my sake shall find it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 6:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(6) Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the heart;
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Philippians 1:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(27) Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mind[/FONT][FONT=&quot] striving together for the faith of the gospel;

All the words in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]red[/FONT][FONT=&quot] are translated from the same word as soul so then to put all of these verses together from both the OT and NT what is the soul? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Ok, I'll think about your point of whoever says God gave us a soul is a heretic. I'll go over your post carefully and try to reply to it in about a month or so.

M

miktre

miktre- my apologies. the vid is so long i listened to it while folding laundry and making dinner, so i was listening, but not watching.
At about 3 minutes, 40 seconds the words are written on the screen that properly quote the Bible verse, but the narrator omits the word "once".
(Hebrews 9:27)

I'm r-e-a-l-l-y not comfortable with conflict, and see no point in arguing with you about your own belief in what is said in the video. That's between you and the Lord. I just posted this for the sake of anyone reading this.

I hope I am not giving you offense. My opinion is my own, nothing more. But I do stand by what I said.

Blessings- ~ellie
I'm glad we cleared that up, ok Ellie see ya

J

jtthedoc

If this information from God is so important why is it not free to download, how much does the book cost?