PLease explain this...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
so why did you bring this story up again?

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

after reading it these verses come to mind:

Acts 16
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. [SUP]17 [/SUP]This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]And this she did for many days.

The girl was demon possessed yet she still told the truth about Paul for they indeed proclaimed to them the way to salvation. however, there is more to the story, just as there is more to Cobus story about WHY he got kicked out of the school grounds and why he still claims NOT to be Christian.

also even Satan quoted the Bible.

the boys were on a SUNDAY SCHOOL retreat. therefore they had the prayers of many people for them to even be at church or on the trip at all.

why would your church ask you to be a leader in the group if you did not read your Bible?

" there was also another older man STEPHAN, with us in the group and he was appointed as my assistant. "

why would Stephan be your "assistant" instead of you be his and did this man say anything at all in the group?

and why were you kicked off the school grounds?

Were you still engaged in your prositution rings and other sins at this time and did the boys know about it?
Truth be told i came across this while searching for another of Cobus's threads and unless i'm not aware it is permitted to view and post on threads that are still open.

Why have you called Him out on things like that?

Did you not read that :

Matthew 12

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

S

Sanctified

You started your walk with Jesus but your profile says you are not Christian.
These five boys at the back of the bus were among the final year scholars and they were not Christians either, as stated by what you wrote about their experience in the church later.
You were appointed as a group leader over five scholars in their final year of a sunday school camp but you had never read the bible. And along with that an older man was appointed to be your assistant.
I do not wish to be unkind. You asked a very important question in this thread. The question is in the topic "Please explain this". You asked for bible verses to support answers and the only one I can provide that is true to all that is known by what information you have provided is contrary to what i suspect you wish to see. When the blind lead the blind they both fall into a ditch.
Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Then you can grow in Christ as a child and learn from the Holy Spirit. After that comes the ability to do great things for God.
Do not be ashamed to be called a Christian if indeed you have been born again. The book Acts of the Apostles reveals that the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch. It is a valid name to use.

M

MaggieMye

OP question: Exodus 4:[SUP]14 [/SUP]And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.[SUP]15 [/SUP]And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do God does not change. So...He is still doing that to those who are willing to be used.
Pretty cool!
Maggie

C

cfultz3

Cobus and Pickles,

Nice testimonies.

If others wont't forgive you of your past, Cobus, rest assure Jesus will.

We have been given the Spirit of Truth and HE will guide us in all Truth...... Such a living hope we have been given.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
You seem strongly doubt that his experience with those youth were actually from God. Is there any other reasons for that than he wasn't saved?
And If someone is not saved how that can actually prevent God of using him for his work like one told us?

Dec 21, 2012
My question is this...How could I qoute the Word of God if I did not even know it was written in the Bible? And then I would also just open the Bible at that place to read it to them.
Because you had believed even in His name, you are saved and the Holy Spirit was given to you at that moment when you were saved.

Matthew 10:[SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So for one that does not know the Word or studied to have complete truth to teach others, what does that say about the promise of the Holy Spirit in regards to anyone that believes in Him, even in His name?

But as you say... not every believer will continue in His words to be His disciples... that does not mean they are not saved. It just means that God is waiting for them to continually seek His face in trusting them as their Good Shepherd in helping them to follow Him in living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ so that they may bear fruit and their joy may be full, and that they lose not the full rewards which would include attending the Marriage Supper before the great tribuation comes to escape the hour of trial that shall try all upon the earth including the saints that were not ready nor found abiding in Him that will be left behind.

So there is a call for readiness looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight and sin to run that race to the Marriage Supper, but as our confidence is in the Son to finish His work in us, so will He finished His work even in those left behind that believed in Him but have gone astray because He will lose nothing of all the Father has given Him. They will be weeping and gnashing their teeth over the loss of their birthright to attend the Marriage Supper, but God will wipe the tears from the eyes of those saints coming out of the great tribulation to get past that loss.

Anyway... that is how you had spoken such because the Spirit heard from the Good Shepherd and relayed that message through you to them.

But be careful how you build on that foundation because works that deny Him will also be judged and so calling for the Holy Spirit to visit and to relate to is denying Him as being in you always: plus, denying the Son of God as the only Mediator between God and man by relating to the Holy Spirit as if He is the One you are to relate to God through needs to be repented.

Dare we as the chaste bride of Christ deny the Bridegroom of that which demands intimacy in relating to God by?

So there are alot of works that deny Him and not just catholicism and the like, but in the supernatural arena where errant believers are believing every spirit is of God and chasing after them in relating to them when He is in us and dwelling within us always as promised, and still pointing us to the Son because He is the Bridegroom so we can avoid these false spirits.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Goeie dag Oom Cobus

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Here is the scripture for what happened to you. I make it a practise never to prepare when ministering to people. I prepare myself, and make sure that I pray beforehand for protection, guidance, wisdom and then I follow the voice of God as I minister to someone. What you experienced was the Holy Spirit teaching you the versus as you needed it. That is why scripture memorisation is not always necessary, but your relationship with God is essential. For the Holy Spirit can teach you everything you need. But even if you know the entire Bible off by heart and have no real relationship then you are simply fooling yourself.

One should minister with your ears on the voice of God. For if not His guidance, there might not be a second opportunity with that person. And you might say just the wrong thing. But God won't. God wants people to be willing to spread the Word of God anytime anywhere anyhow. And if you are willing to listen you will see great things happen, because that is the nature of God.

A

Ariel82

Truth be told i came across this while searching for another of Cobus's threads and unless i'm not aware it is permitted to view and post on threads that are still open.

Why have you called Him out on things like that?

Did you not read that :

Matthew 12
because his testimony is more about how Cobus lead those boys to Christ than how the Holy Spirit did.
why do I call him out on it?

because he preaches another gospel and does not claim to be Christian. does not think himself born again, yet seeks to teach others as if he is qualified.

[h=3]2 Corinthians 11:14-15[/h]
[SUP]14 [/SUP]And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

you don't find any questions with this statement?

"I took a weeks leave to support them at school, and that went terribly wrong, for MY AWAKENING on what lies ahead...But that is another experience ... call it the VDM revenge... I was kicked off the school property... by you know who... But the boys triamphed, in Jesus. "

"by you know who"

no not really.

we don't know who or why.

The Holy Spirit can work and might have convicted those boys in the camp, but even King Saul spoke prophecies and then still went around trying to kill David.

there is more to the situation than meets the eye and I would call for people to use discernment.

it would be wiser to read the Bible and know it in your heart and mind and not rely on spirits to place the words into your mouth as if you are a channel or medium to speak their thoughts for even demons can quote scripture.

why would they bother? to gain people's trust and mislead them as Paul has warned so many people to be discerning about for they pretend to be ministers of righteousness and pretend to be apostles of Christ but are not.

A

Ariel82

If others wont't forgive you of your past, Cobus, rest assure Jesus will.

We have been given the Spirit of Truth and HE will guide us in all Truth...... Such a living hope we have been given.
Cobus doesn't need others forgiveness. he only needs to truly repent and ask God.

he needs the True Gospel and the Holy Spirit that allows him to call out Abba Father and know that he is a child of God. Instead of channeling spirits who teach false perfectionist doctrines and works salvation.

but if you want to be in that "we" its your choice.

so done with this conversation.

bye

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
As a side note, PLEASE download and use the spell checker. Some posts are illegible because of gross misspellings.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
because his testimony is more about how Cobus lead those boys to Christ than how the Holy Spirit did.
why do I call him out on it?

because he preaches another gospel and does not claim to be Christian. does not think himself born again, yet seeks to teach others as if he is qualified.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15

[SUP]14 [/SUP]And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

you don't find any questions with this statement?

"I took a weeks leave to support them at school, and that went terribly wrong, for MY AWAKENING on what lies ahead...But that is another experience ... call it the VDM revenge... I was kicked off the school property... by you know who... But the boys triamphed, in Jesus. "

"by you know who"

no not really.

we don't know who or why.

The Holy Spirit can work and might have convicted those boys in the camp, but even King Saul spoke prophecies and then still went around trying to kill David.

there is more to the situation than meets the eye and I would call for people to use discernment.

it would be wiser to read the Bible and know it in your heart and mind and not rely on spirits to place the words into your mouth as if you are a channel or medium to speak their thoughts for even demons can quote scripture.

why would they bother? to gain people's trust and mislead them as Paul has warned so many people to be discerning about for they pretend to be ministers of righteousness and pretend to be apostles of Christ but are not.
Your dispute with his story is your call.

The part where you stated things about him in the past were not called for.

C

cfultz3

Cobus doesn't need others forgiveness. he only needs to truly repent and ask God.

he needs the True Gospel and the Holy Spirit that allows him to call out Abba Father and know that he is a child of God. Instead of channeling spirits who teach false perfectionist doctrines and works salvation.

but if you want to be in that "we" its your choice.

so done with this conversation.

bye
That "we" was taken from knowing that the Holy Spirit dwells in us and that makes the God-giving hope we have through the resurrection Jesus Christ from those who are dead, a living hope, knowing that He is a seal of sonship, our assurance from God.

It was not meant for a division, sorry for the misunderstanding.