POLISHED WORD OF GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
This days, going to church is always a problem for me, whenever i think of going to church, i become unhappy as i no longer learn anything from there- the church no longer act or preach love, no direct teachings on heaven as stated in the Holy Bible; instead of dishing out the Raw Word of God as stated in the Holy Bible, all i hear is a polished version of the word. All i hear in churches this days is how Christians should claim the blessings of Abraham, the question is, does Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, Peter, James, Paul, oh & Jesus Christ and all the Bible greats actually have a mansion/private jets etc. as these men of God today? Miracle and prosperity teachings is always the other of the day. youth are no longer hardworking, student are no longer interested in knowledge, the world has turned upside down.

since i graduated from the university in 2014, i've been reluctant in attending church services. please we have to do something about this, if my generation is like this, i wonder what my unborn children's generation will be like!

#if only i can see people of like minds to form a team with and start effecting changes from around us by telling the people of this world the Raw Truth and by extension turning people's heart to God instead of the material things on earth- i would rather be glad.

I know the truth already, and the truth is suppose to set me free not put me in bondage (John 8:32). how about u?
You need to find a church that is not word of faith or the purpose driven apostasy, find a church that teaches verse by verse. I hear this once and it made me teach and I found a good church using it. "Does you church teach from the Word or does your church teach the Word?" I thought my church teach from the Word, then I found out what that meant, teaching from the Word, is picking verses that fit what is being taught. Teaching the Word, is teach what the Bible says, in context verse by verse, paragraph by paragraph, chapter by chapter, and book by book, the whole council of God. People are taught the word of God they are equipped for the work of the ministry and are edified, growing in the faith. Because the Holy Spirit works with His Word.

Men should not have planes, drive a $100,000.00 car or live in a multi million dollar home. At the same time if the body is growing Paul said do not muzzle the ox, in other words pay those that lead the church and especially those that teach and edify the body.

M

Miri

To the OP, I suspect that when you get to a point where you no longer feel
challanged, that's it's more about you than the church - any church.

There are a couple of options, either opt out and become luke warm or dead spiritually,
or seek God with all of your heart. I suspect there are times when God does actually draw back
from us a little, to force us to evaluate where we are at and what is important.

I think most of us have experienced the same.

Serveral times I have heard Christians say the same thing. Then a year or two down the line
they are barely recognisable as Christians, it was never about the church in the first place it
was always about them.

Its not the churches responsibility to challenge you and make you on fire for God, that
has to come from within yourself. One Sunday morning service does not feed you for
a whole week, you have to feed yourself and stir yourself up.

If on the other hand you do feel close to God and want to leave and know and draw close to
God, pray and ask Him what He wants you to do and to open doors to other options and
other churches if that is the right thing to do and to close the door on your time at your
current church.

You will know within yourself which it truly is if you take a good honest look within you.

May 3, 2017
Oh ok. I've lived in Lagos for a couple of years whilst working up there.
wow...good to hear that!

I myself grew up in Lagos- Isolo to be precise
What was the nature of your Job when you were in Lagos?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
wow...good to hear that!

I myself grew up in Lagos- Isolo to be precise
What was the nature of your Job when you were in Lagos?
Was a director of a multinational. Lived in Ikoyi. Really enjoyed my time up there. Love the Nigerian people.

May 3, 2017
Was a director of a multinational. Lived in Ikoyi. Really enjoyed my time up there. Love the Nigerian people.

when it comes to hospitality, i think Nigerians are first.lol

i'm happy i could finally see someone that has been to my country on this platform

i wish to know you more Chris!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Have you thought of starting your own church, that is NOT Word Faith exported heresy?

My Greek professor is in Africa frequently teaching and sharing the Word. He said it is just terrible what the Word Faith heresy has done there, and how desperate and deluded the people are.

Don't talk to Christians, if they are so locked up in this lie. Make disciples. Preach the real gospel. And spend a lot of time fasting and praying to win many souls to Christ. You have a tremendous opportunity to begin a change away from the "gimme gimme" crowd and towards a walk with Jesus Christ.

I will be praying for you!

May 3, 2017
Have you thought of starting your own church, that is NOT Word Faith exported heresy?

My Greek professor is in Africa frequently teaching and sharing the Word. He said it is just terrible what the Word Faith heresy has done there, and how desperate and deluded the people are.

Don't talk to Christians, if they are so locked up in this lie. Make disciples. Preach the real gospel. And spend a lot of time fasting and praying to win many souls to Christ. You have a tremendous opportunity to begin a change away from the "gimme gimme" crowd and towards a walk with Jesus Christ.

I will be praying for you!
Thank you Angela, I would really need that!

In addition, I would be happier if I could get the prayer of everybody from this forum

slave

Mar 20, 2015
This days, going to church is always a problem for me, whenever i think of going to church, i become unhappy as i no longer learn anything from there- the church no longer act or preach love, no direct teachings on heaven as stated in the Holy Bible; instead of dishing out the Raw Word of God as stated in the Holy Bible, all i hear is a polished version of the word. All i hear in churches this days is how Christians should claim the blessings of Abraham, the question is, does Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, Peter, James, Paul, oh & Jesus Christ and all the Bible greats actually have a mansion/private jets etc. as these men of God today? Miracle and prosperity teachings is always the other of the day. youth are no longer hardworking, student are no longer interested in knowledge, the world has turned upside down.

since i graduated from the university in 2014, i've been reluctant in attending church services. please we have to do something about this, if my generation is like this, i wonder what my unborn children's generation will be like!

#if only i can see people of like minds to form a team with and start effecting changes from around us by telling the people of this world the Raw Truth and by extension turning people's heart to God instead of the material things on earth- i would rather be glad.

I know the truth already, and the truth is suppose to set me free not put me in bondage (John 8:32). how about u?
Satan works in the details don't he? You say things of your experience of churches and combine all churches to be like-behaved; but is that fair? I worship at a church that feeds meat and milk depending on the group in need. You state a position as if to claim it in court and prove its worthiness by way of argument. But what do you live based on? The Holy Spirits intuition in your spirit? Do you read the Bible where it says "Let us continue to spur one another on toward love and good deeds; not stopping to come to full assembly, as some are in the habit of doing. Let us continue to encourage one another, and all the more, as we see the day approaching." You know truth already? the "you" knows nothing. and the word is alive and active seeking to separate soul from spirit. Have you ever read scripture one day, knowing the meaning of the words and another day you pick up the same Bible and read the same verse again and get a different application to your life? That's the living and active word working by way of the Holy Spirit communicating to your spirit alone, not your flesh. When you claim arrival to anything with God, you dethrone Him and become your own God. Even now you are being a lawyer stating a case that you have conjured up and not the Holy Spirit. Do 'you' see this? Do you know the truth already?......The truth is being in bondage to righteousness is freedom!

Last edited:

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Hebrews 4:12: (NASB)

For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

"Lord search me,.......... and let me see any wicked in me....."

The main point in Hebrews 4:12 is whether we are living according to the guidance of the intuition in the spirit or under the influence of our (soulish) natural likes and dislikes. God's word will judge us on such matters, showing us what belongs to the spirit and what belongs to the soul. Only God's sharp sword can clearly discern the source of our living. Just as man's knife can divide bone and marrow, God's sword can divide the most closely knit spirit and soul. This dividing is only knowledge in the beginning and must become experience later. Actually, believers can only know by experience how the spirit and soul are divided.

The believer must experience allowing the Lord to divide his soul and spirit. Not only should he desire, pursue, consecrate himself, pray, and allow the Holy Spirit and the cross to work in him, he must also gain and possess this kind of experience.

The spirit of a believer must be freed in reality from the embrace of the soul. The soul and the spirit must be clearly divided, like the Lord Jesus whose spirit and soul are not mixed at all. The spirit of intuition should be entirely free to be the sole dwelling place and office of the Holy Spirit and not allow the soul (that is, the mind and emotion) to have the slightest influence. The spirit must be freed from every entanglement of the soul.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
"Ask yourself, why am I looking for like minds, when I must look for God's mind to know what freedom is?"

D

Depleted

Find a Presbyterian church. Visit for one week. If it teaches straight from the Bible, then that's your new home. If it has another message, find the next Presbyterian church and visit that the next week.

I know American Presbyterian denominations. We have four branches of that. Three out of the four teach the Bible from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22, and then repeat, again and again. One just teaches what your church teaches. I'd tell you the names of the ones that teach straight from the word, but given they are American churches, it won't translate to your country.

The church isn't the problem. The one you are used to going to is the problem. There really are churches that teach the word, so no excuse not to go find one. Don't go blaming this on other people. God is doing fine! He's keeping to his plan.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Here in Oklahoma which is part of thew bible belt you will find a a church almost every mile in fact there are three churches i can easily just walk to, however in other places and especially other countries churches are not so common in fact some people only have one or two options at most to frequent.

I think that the kind of church you frequent is important for sure but more than anything what is inside you is even more important, after all it has always been my firm belief that just as with anything else in life it begins and ends in here ( points to heart) Perhaps sometimes we are purposely placed in a church like synergies where when people see that passion and that fire they see you as strange simply weird. Take this short testimony for example. I have always been odd and strange way before i was ever saved I was never the norm no matter how much I wanted to be. Yet even when I became a Christian I was seen as strange and different not always in a good way but for most of the time I was always told how i am a rare sort.

Of course all the credit goes to god and i myself cannot boast but in my searching for the right church for me i visited all kinds of churches, something that i saw God do a lot in my visiting and talking with people there was I saw how he affected people in those churches. My fire and my passion for God could easily be seen in my words when i spoke, how my face light up just by talking about God and many times people would say how wise and indepth I was beyond my years and of course I just brushed that aside and gave god the credit.

But what amazed me was that the fire and passion God gave me was infectious I could see a spark made in the hearts of people God made me in contact with many people would be amazed at this fire inside me like it was something that they have never or rarely seen and experienced and in time i saw people begin to have that very same fire and passion.

It was then i began to understand why i am the way I am and what my calling was and suddenly all my hearts deepest desire in Christ made perfect sense. sometimes it is not for us to be in the place we think we should be, sometimes we are placed in a forest of wet trees so that we might be the spark that starts the forest fire