Pope Frances!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anonimous

The pope is as significant as Jesus? Really? And you wonder why so many are against Catholicism.
Peter (whom they think is the first pope...) was not the one who went to the cross for us. The pope is supposed to be a servant..to serve...not to be served.

J

jimkobel

I do not think so ,he is not as significant as Jesus ,the Catholic church is a mixture of idolatary and worship of God ,they worship images ,pray to so called saints and all these are not according to the scriptures .The bible command come out from her ,the curch is described as the mother of harlots (worshipping God and idols ).Peter was not the first pope ,pete had a wife ,and the bible warns in 1 timothy 4:1-5- Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
So this is the catholic church ,.

N

nonicknametouse

I can't say the Pope, new and old are not Godly men. I believe they love the Lord, but they take up the wrong position. We as bible believing Christians have a leader, who is one for all and His name is Jesus Christ. He is the head of the church, He built the Church, His word through the Holy Spirit guides us and grows us and equips us to live according to the standards He sets. Jesus was a vibrant young man full of energy. Why does the Catholic church choose men that can't even walk and talk. They all expect change from a man who is already set in his ways and how much change can he possibly bring. Praying to Mary is no where in the bible. We respect her for who she was and thats as far as it should go. She has no power to answer pray,etc. The enemy will and does use whatever he can to take focus off the Almighty God. I can go on , but will not get carried away.

J

jonrambo

the popes a jesuit. hes not the messiah hes a very naughty boy.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
it is hard to break through the catholic power and bring anyone to Christ.. Their tradition is so engrained in peoples minds.. I know people who have come to Christ, and still find it hard to leave the roman church out of fear. it is like a jew in the early church trying to come out of judaism.
True, but another one to consider is the family ties and pressures that Latinos have. As I said earlier, they are intense. Catholicism is a major part of their culture and in their blood, a major tradition in their family. Some of what they do differs to other parts of the world. They're big on family. Family is their foundation, so to step away from Catholicism could potentially risk alienation from their family, something they would want to avoid.

If the Vatican's reputation goes downhill (the vatileaks certainly didn't help) then they can always depend on the South Americans. Interesting that there is a major settlement of Latinos in the US. (For anyone reading, I'm not racist, because I'm married to a latino man). When I turn on the tv there is always a Latino presenter or some show with Latinos. I remember a comment I made to my husband a while back, that "you Latinos are taking over the world" and seems I never really thought deeply about it then, but it is true. They are the number one supporters of Catholicism, so Catholicism will thrive with them as settlers over here.

Hidden away in one of the closets is a painting and statue of Mary, yet they still make an appearance each time his family are in town. I guess it's like a respect thing. One of the guest rooms is prepped for them and his mother will light her daily candles to Mary. I have to accept it, but I can't help but feel like some weird seance is going on in our house, the welcoming of a different kind of spirit :( Sorry if this offends, just being honest.

The good news is that God is drawing my husband. He's become more interested in scripture. We watch daily sermons and he has a weekly bible study at work (I wish more christians would do this at work, to invite non believers!) He's being overloaded with God's word and his religion is starting to get pushed out. There isn't much room for it now. When he's saved I know he'll be busy working in the south American scene :)

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Peter (whom they think is the first pope...) was not the one who went to the cross for us. The pope is supposed to be a servant..to serve...not to be served.
Matthew 23:4-12: "For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"

Nov 22, 2012
My Church is Catholic.Before 1000years my Orthodox Church was in perfect communion with Roman Catholich Church,which by confession of Faith was an Orthodox.
In that Church Pope was equall to Bishops.That Pope wasnt Vicar of Christ.That title Pope of Rome gave himself from 1054year.Since that year,one Church was splitted on two.Those two Church wont be one,until he who took place of Christ here on earth do not repent and back to Original confession of Holy Faith.That means,all changed dogmas and canons have to be back in original,in words that were before 1054year or more earlier.In one sense,all those changes have to be back in Orthodox stage.
I wish if every those two splitted Churches would anyhow could be together again,but those things are almost impossible...

A

Anonimous

That is what I was thinking too. Thanks Anonimous for replying.
Someone has been busy stretching to make this fit. If it were a rubber band it would have snapped already.