Prayer for guidance and direction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RachelP03

I need prayer for guidance and to have open ears to hear God. I just feel stuck in my life and each day goes by and I know Im walking the straight and narrow but it just seems like I used to hear God all the time and the closer I walk with Him, Hes not speaking to me. I know theres nothing I need to change, but to simply have more trust and faith, which is the hardest in moments like this. I have been having thoughts to go make my own life happen, but I hoenesly want what God wants in my life. It feels lonely at times and I just feel like life should be more than what it is. I see everyone around me living life, making memories and being in love with families and Im 29, single and trying to walk the walk as close as I can and better myself in each way and to help friends. My friends is also seem to all be straying right now and turning their backs on me, which is fine, because I cant be apart of their lives if they are living this way, which I do pray for them, but Im not going to go to the bar or approve of their sinful lifestyle. They know Im always here for them, but I am going to be giving them words of truth and they don't want to hear it.

Im sorry Im so random, Im just so confused and I have no idea what I need to do.

Rachel

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Well, just so you know that's not very random!
I'm also sick that nearly everyone in their 20's finds it great to hang out at bars and start to backslide on their faith, not to mention a number of friends I know turned flat out agnostic... sometimes the walk can be lonely, but at least I can listen to some Christian Music that relates. :D

"The Motions"-Matthew West

‘Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me

"I Will Follow" - Christ Tomlin
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my sight
High above my life
I will trust in you alone (trust in you alone)

"Revelation" - Third Day
This time I know that you are holding all the answers
I'm tired of losing hope and taking chances
On roads that never seem
To be the ones that bring me home

Give me a revelation
Show me what to do
'Cause I've been trying to find my way
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without you
I've got nothing without you

"Blink" - Revive
Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away
Take in all the colors
Before they fade to grey...

When it's all said and done
No one remembers
How far we have run
The only thing that matters
Is how we have loved

I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this

It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?
-----------------

Praying for you. :)

R

RachelP03

Thank you, I love all of those songs!!! My day seems lame Im sure to the average person.. I get up while listening to sermons, put on my make up, listen to Christian music and read my devotions. Throughout the day I work I listen to Christian music and on breaks read my bible lessons from church. I have a journal where I write to God and I am praying throughout the day. I am trying my hardest to not be swayed of this earth, but its so hard sometimes when I look at people and they SEEM happy, but I know its not from God. Ive lived in sin before and I was physically happy, and spiritually miserable. I try to remind myself that my life could be worse, or I could be going thru a season of suffering or loss of a loved one, so I should be thankful. The enemy really has been putting those thoughts of .....going out and making my own life fun.....and going and finding me my own husband.....or dating random people......when in reality.....I have ZERO desire and I know its because God hasn't given me the desire to do any of those. I struggle with so much more......and everyone gets tired of hearing about it, but truth of it is, I get tired of thinking of it......thank you for writing me, and taking the time and sending me those. I cried while reading/singing them in my head, lol :)

F

Fubario

You are close to God, you just must be aware of the fact that he is with you right now and that sometimes he does not speak. It is uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it and to God speaking at seemingly random times in life. Practice being mindful of God if you are not already, it sounds like you are because of the amount of time you invest into following, I would just work at accepting the fact that God is with you right now like it says in Matthew 28:20 "I am with you always, even till the end of the age." I learned this last year in the hospital, God suddenly stepped in and he says he helped me, yeah it can be tough but I know you will make it through.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, hold the hand of Rachelp03 and guide her, let her walk in the path of righteousness, and yes Lord Jesus, pour your blessings upon her, so that her faith increased, and she always testify your name, and be an living gospel for others. Lord Jesus, bless her with the desires of her heart, Amen

R

RLFarrar

I am not a spring chicken any more which means that I've reached a place in my life that i can begin to recognize what i have done or not done that i hold regrets about. One thing i can say with certainty is that nothing God has ever led me to do or not to do has ever been a regret. When we begin trying to make things happen without having God first you may begin to open up that door that leads to regrets. It is so easy to get caught up in the despair of "waiting". What feels like forever in our lives is just a blink of an eye in eternity. Stay true to the course and you will be richly blessed and rewarded. I will be praying for you.

B

butterfly712

I'm praying for you,in Lord,Jesus name,Amen

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying for God to give you a new hope in him.

And for your friends, that God would convict them to repent, and totally be sold out to Him!

D

DyingToSelf

Father,

protect this child of Yours from doubt and depression. Remove the confusion from her mind and give her peace in her soul that she may continue to walk in renewed faith in Your work. Remind her that she needs to let go and allow Your guidance to reach her heart and walk her steps for her .

In Jesus name,
Amen

J

Jacob_Fitzgerald

May the Lord cause you to continue seeking him with your whole heart:)

Keep your eyes on Jesus and just keep swimming:)