Prayer to Resist Temptation Right Now

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tommy2

I apologize for making two prayer requests in one week, but I could really use prayer tonight. I am very tempted right now by a gay-related fetish I have that I sometimes seek to fulfill on the Internet. Please pray for God to give me strength to win a battle I've lost far too many times.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:13

I

iveseenworse

dear God, please help tom in his struggle he wants to please You. give him strength.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
[video]http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/video-1.html[/video] This is simply a powerful message of Love from Jesus..

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Let the demonstration of your power be engaged here Lord. Thank-you Sir.

T

Tommy2

Update on this -- I have to confess I did still struggle with gay related temptations tonight, but the specific temptation I asked for prayer about went away! While reading the Bible I also read the verse tonight about Jesus being above all principalities and powers. It reinforced what we really are fighting against and the incredible importance of your prayers on here, thank you so much!

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
God loves you too much to leave you in that, you will overcome this, in Jesus name.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I apologize for making two prayer requests in one week, but I could really use prayer tonight. I am very tempted right now by a gay-related fetish I have that I sometimes seek to fulfill on the Internet. Please pray for God to give me strength to win a battle I've lost far too many times.
Amen Lord, I will stand with Tommy in prayer, may Your angels bear him up, may Your Spirit cleanse his flesh, may Jesus be his strength.

Do what I do Tommy. When the flesh is calling come here first. I always tell myself if 30 minutes later I'm still worked up I'll go ahead. It usually only takes about 5 but I stay the 30 minutes (and more) anyway :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Oh and, you throw out as many prayer requests as you need. I think the limit here is 70 times 7 :)

T

Tommy2

Amen Lord, I will stand with Tommy in prayer, may Your angels bear him up, may Your Spirit cleanse his flesh, may Jesus be his strength.

Do what I do Tommy. When the flesh is calling come here first. I always tell myself if 30 minutes later I'm still worked up I'll go ahead. It usually only takes about 5 but I stay the 30 minutes (and more) anyway :)

Thank you so much for the prayer Ricky, and you are right about coming here when temptation comes, it seems God has really blessed this website with wonderful prayer warriors and encouragers!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

So glad to hear the Lord showed you a way out during temptation. Try and remember that Jesus already won the battle for you. Once that realization sinks in it becomes easy to resist the firey darts of the evil one. God Bless you.

K

kittycat7

Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out.