Prayers for husband

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ARag

I have been married a couple of times and then finally found a loving, God fearing man. He has an awesome testimony coming from his wife passing way and then being addicted to drugs and alcohol. He entered into a christian rehab for 18 months and turned his life around he is now a successful businessman. We have been married for 4 years and it hasn't always been easy but he has a wonderful love of God. However, he has started drinking and also smoking weed. I do not know how to handle this I have tried just praying and not nagging, I have tried telling him how wrong it is and I have asked him to reenter the rehab program for a short period to renew himself. He has a tendency to preach to people while he has a beer in his hand. I pray over the alcohol and drugs that they leave our home and the desire todo this stuff leave him. He says that I am the most unhappy person he knows and he preaches to me about my faith and that I am letting lifes trials take away my joy, when he is the reason that I am unhappy. He is mean and very sarcastic when he is drunk and when he does the drugs he can't even hardly stand up. I am angry and am thinking about leaving him. I don't know what to do. I can't believe that when I finally looked toward a Christian man and have been so happy I feel that it is all falling apart. He doesn't do this daily but it is a couple of times a week, I just don't know what to do. Please any advice, prayers are deeply appreciated.

N

NMsmile

Welcome to Christian Chat. I don't have advice but I do have some questions:

- Are you going to a church?
- Are you in prayer?
- Have you given this situation to God?

Jeremiah 29:11? For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I will be praying for you and your husband.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and your husband in Jesus Christ is Lord .
Praying that Jesus will bring his heart back to the full commitment in faith and marriage.
Praying also that Jesus will provide the wisdom, streangth and comfort you need.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

J

Jadeline

amen and amen...

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I may not know any solution at the moment, but the bible tells us to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. I would encourage to continue praying for him, and seek guidance from God. I will be praying for you. God bless

A

ARag

Yes he even goes to church and then comes home and drinks. We also watch several spiritual shows on TV. I pray often over all of this I lay my hands on him at night when he is sleeping and pray for him that the desire to drink will come out of him. I pray over my refrigerator that the demon beer will not be in it. I read my Bible daily and read spiritual books when I have time. I look for answers sometimes I find them that gives me peace for a time or I get something that I can say to him. I think that I am just getting very discouraged I have tried to be uplifted and not let it get to me but I can tell that I am getting depressed and to the point where I am having trouble being optimistic in the relationship. Thank you for your continued prayers.

C

cec4me

Hi ARag, I am also praying for you and your husband. See if your husband youd go to marrage counseling at your church. also here is a scriture for you Rom. 8:28... And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. God Bless you and keep praying.

N

NMsmile

I'm still praying!