*PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA IS RE-ELECTED!!*

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 19, 2012
It might not be hard for you, but you don't know everybody's situation. There are several reasons why it's not necessarily easy for someone to get one.

First of all, government-issued IDs aren't free. True, they're not exactly expensive, but in some states it costs as much as 25 dollars. Some people just can't afford this. Not only that, but not everybody drives or has a DMV near them. You have to factor in how people get there. Then, and if you've been to the DMV you are surely aware of this, you can wind up waiting for hours. If you don't have much money you can't afford to take this much time off work.

And let me throw this out there. I'm not sure I'd have AS MUCH of a problem with it if this happened last year, with lots of time before the election for people to get an ID. But considering how many people don't have proper ID, an exponential amount of those voting democrat, it's absolutely unreasonable to assume that they'll be able to get proper ID in time.
Well, personally, I think they should make this a nationwide thing and lower the cost of the ID. If they do it well in advance of the election, then everyone should have enough time to get their ID and be ready to vote come election day. I mean, that's how it is here in Florida and it hasn't been a problem in this state.

T

Trilogic

How to respond to this?

B

Batman007

Well, personally, I think they should make this a nationwide thing and lower the cost of the ID. If they do it well in advance of the election, then everyone should have enough time to get their ID and be ready to vote come election day. I mean, that's how it is here in Florida and it hasn't been a problem in this state.
Fair enough. I agree, if they do it well in advance I definitely think it's way less of a problem. The issue was implementing the law roughly a month before the election. There's absolutely no need for that, especially with such a low number of instances of vote fraud, unless the people involved want to prevent certain people from voting.

Sep 8, 2012
It's easier than spitting to get a photo ID.
They accept anything to 'verify' you are who you say.
Present a bill from a utility and your in, present a card manufactured in Mexico by some
made up entity and they accept it.
This law was just a reaction to the outcry from U.S. citizens.
The powers that be want a one world with no nation state boundaries, that's why they made the
requirements to get a photo ID so loose.

Sep 8, 2012
Wake up folks.
This IS the new world order.
(Otherwise known as the beast system)

Sep 8, 2012
There was a guy that did it-(get numerous ID's), with different aliases just to prove how easy it was.
What was his reward? - A big fat charge against him.
"How dare you point out the predetermined flaws of our system!":mad:(says the beast)

raf

Sep 26, 2009
Worldly ruler? Don't you mean a leader of AMERICA? Last I checked, America is not the world. Honestly, it bothers me that your post suggests that.

And as far as everyone saying that the election of Obama is going to bring the apocalypse (not as much in this thread, but regardless), what about other leaders around the world? Kim Jong-Il, Isaias Afewerki, and Omar Al-Bashir to name a few. If anyone is going to suggest that Obama is even in league with these people, please, go read a book. Seriously. Obama is a politician who, I strongly believe, is genuinely trying to better this country. Might he make a few mistakes along the way? Sure, he's human. But any leader would. If you think he's making America a terrible place, for god's sake research some countries lead by domineering dictators. Maybe that will put things in perspective. They will make you GLAD Obama is president.
What theres other places besides america, and other places besides the south in america..... no way... lol my mind is blown! Also the apocalypse is coming look theres storms and people dying, I mean its only been happening the last thousands of years but fox news says its coming so thats one more onto what already has been happening to make it automatically true.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
*Points at Greece and the historically low value of the Euro.

**Then points at riots in France

***Then points at riots in Greece

****Then points at the oppressive poverty in many Asian countries

*****Then points at the oppressive Chinese regime

******Points at the deep austerity measures in Italy and Spain, also points at riots in Spain

*******Finally points at the eventual disintegration of the EU as an economic union
France has some of the highest productivity rates in the world,

Greece is bad yes

A lot of asian countries have poverty but a lot like signapore, malaysia, china, japan, indiaand many are having increases in their education, and economy. Chinese is also slowly becoming more liberal than they were in the past.

Spain in general has always been the worst of western europe.

Youre listing a lot of bad things but there is a lot of other good things happening in Europe Europe is not just the countries you mentioned Central Europe, and north is doing well. Also the European Euro is higher than the american dollar.

Sep 8, 2012
'Also the European Euro is higher than the american dollar.'

That's because the euro isn't the world's reserve currency(as is the U.S. dollar).
So it isn't inflated as much.

S

SantoSubito

Listen, the Republicans are the very ones who keep throwing wrenches into allowing them to vote, remember? They are the ones coming up with all these egregious laws of showing IDs, proving where they're from, etc. all which are like having to get a Poll Tax as in the 50's only this time for Hispanics and Latinos.

How so? I have to have an ID to vote, and I'm not Latino. Plus you can use any number of things such as a birth certificate, utility bill, passport, drivers license, state photo ID, the card they send you for free when you register to vote, etc. If someone doesn't have any of those they can cast a provisional ballot which will be counted once registration is proven.

For that reason, I have heard, many Hispanics/Latinos stayed home and did not go out to vote so I can't imagine you throwing it all on them in this way.
Which makes me wonder if they are eligible to vote in the first place.

That just isn't an accurate depiction of what happened. In fact, in many states with Hispanic and Latino populations they had to send federal people and others to insure that there was no intimidation going on! But many still did not go out to vote. Arizona has been a Red State and remained red no doubt with the strong help of Anglos, not Latinos or Hispanics. Remember the news reports that Anglo men were overwhelmingly voting for Romney? And let's not beat around the bush, it is by the far right Anglo vote that Gay Marriage has suffered there so let's just call a spade a spade.
But the Anglo vote didn't make it suffer in any of the predominately white states that legalized gay marriage? Right......

What do you mean they won't remember? Are you saying they are thought-challenged and could not remember such an obvious thing? If you were marginalized for so long a time, thrown under the bus and treated as second-class citizens as Republicans have treated this group repeatedly, I'm darn sure You would remember! And you actually think with the first Hispanic/Latino Republican who comes along and throws them a small bone (promises of immigration reform) just to pacify them that they are going to start jumping up and down with tears running down their cheeks, hugging each other and declaring "Glory Hallelujah!!" Well, that just ain't gonna happen! They are not fools! It would be too little, too late!
The electorate has a terribly short memory, and Latinos are hardly marginalized. Yes the Republicans want to amp up border enforcement and deport illegal aliens (so do Democrats for that matter), but that's not marginalizing Latinos. Illegals have no right to be here or stay here, and we have no obligation to let every Dick and Tom come here.

And in answer to your last sentence and question:
Because they have good common sense that's why and are tired of hearing about discrimination already. They know unequivocally that the Democratic Party is more closely aligned with their own values than the Republican. Were it not that way they would not have voted OVERWHELMINGLY by over 70% to re-elect President Obama. After all, no one was twisting their arm or holding a knife to their throat to go vote for him you need to understand. In fact, news reports were reporting that conservative groups were putting up signs by roads trying to intimidate them into not voting by using fear tactics! So do you think after that they went out in droves to vote for Romney? Quit living in a fantasy world my friend! Of course they went and voted for Obama who is All-Inclusive! After all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating!
You know what, I'll just wait until the pendulum swings the other way again and then I'll pull these posts of yours out of my archives and say "So whats that about conservatism being dead again?"

That cannot, by any means, be solely attributed to Hispanics or Latinos no matter how you want to spin that! There is a large Anglo population there (I can't say 'White' because Hispanics/Latinos fall into that race category also)
Technically you can't say Anglo either, Anglo refers only to the descendants of the Anglo-Saxons, which are primarily people of English descent. You can say there's a lot of Germanic peoples there.

who voted for Romney after listening, no doubt, to their Republican Governor who so cheerfully and gleefully signed HB70 into law that is known as the "Profiling Law", notwithstanding the fact that many did not feel like going out to vote no doubt due to one of their high-profile Sheriffs who has such disdain for Hispanics and Latinos. So how can you possibly believe they went out as a large population to vote for Romney? That defies all logic under the circumstances. Had it been ONLY a vast majority of Hispanics or Latinos voting I'm sure the results would have shown it to be Much Different without a doubt and Romney would have never won. In fact, Arizona, no doubt, would have become a Blue State with their help.
Well Arizona has a huge illegal alien problem, so they probably wouldn't have been able to vote anyway.
And speaking of Arizona's state legislature controlled by Republicans, did you hear that the California State legislature now has a Democratic Super Majority in the Senate? They sure do. And to tell you further how things are changing in this country with a vast LIBERAL swing, one state close-by, Washington state, just approved Same-Sex Marriage By_The_Vote_Of_ The_ People, no less! This is a Huge trend that will ultimately sweep into many other states before long.
So Super Liberal California and Washignton (AKA the Left Coast) is supposed to represent a trend? Excuse me while I go ask if the Pope is a Baptist.

If those two things represent a trend let me demonstrate my own trend. Republicans now completely control my state's (Oklahoma) Congressional delegation and the Oklahoma Legislature has so few Democrats they could hold their Caucus at a table at IHOP. And guess what? My state was practically untouched by the Great Recession, our property values have gone up every year for decades, and despite cutting taxes Oklahoma has seen a 9% increase in tax revenue.

Which is probably why not a single county in Oklahoma went for Obama, why would we want change when everything's working fine for us?

Already states that have disapproved of SSM have people wanting referendums to change that. Only time will tell how successful they will be but as the saying goes "Times, they are a changin'." Time for Conservative Republicans to Take Note don't you think!
Already states that have approved SSM have people wanting referendums to change that. So go ahead introduce a SSM referendum in Oklahoma or Louisiana or Arkansas. I can guarantee you it will get voted down by at least 70% if you even manage to get it on the ballot.

S

SantoSubito

France has some of the highest productivity rates in the world,
I'll point you to this: Statistics can mislead as easily as they can enlighten / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

A lot of asian countries have poverty but a lot like signapore, malaysia, china, japan, indiaand many are having increases in their education, and economy. Chinese is also slowly becoming more liberal than they were in the past.
Doubt any of that will be resolved anytime soon. The Chinese regime shows no signs of releasing it's stranglehold on personal liberty in China, they may be liberalizing (AKA capitalizing) their economy, but they are still an Authoritarian regime.

Youre listing a lot of bad things but there is a lot of other good things happening in Europe Europe is not just the countries you mentioned Central Europe, and north is doing well. Also the European Euro is higher than the american dollar.
And the Central and Northern European countries are doing well because they don't overspend on ridiculous entitlement programs like the Southern countries did. The Euro has also been losing ground to the Dollar consistently, but even if it wasn't a high-value currency isn't necessarily a good thing.

The British pound is worth roughly two American dollars, but they also pay significantly more for consumer goods then I do.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2012
Greetings Everyone!

I'm off to pray for needy people which is actually so much better than the tit-for-tat debates with others that does little to nothing to glorify God, imho. So, unless there are pressing requests elsewhere and what could be more urgent than prayer requests, the NEED is sure there for continued prayer for so many who are requesting it! I wish more would join me in that effort and ALL are of course WELCOME!

But I just stopped by to let you know that the election verdict is in! And President Obama has just WON Florida, as was expected! That means he Won all of the Eight (8) states that were in the toss-up category. He has won handily all across America with the votes that people cast for him that has allowed him to serve for Four More Years! Let's now all get behind and support our President and allow him to finish the job he said he would do for the American people. Our prayers are with him. May God Bless him and guide him to do what must be done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us all now come together in harmony, unity and peace, and stay focused on a salient purpose that will be of great benefit to the American people. -- HeavenlyWarrior

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I suppose the devil you know is better than the one you don't!

The only thing I would say is that it is vital for US Christians to fulfill Paul's injunction in 1Tim 2v1-8...

Yahweh Shalom...

J

jimmydiggs

Greetings Everyone!

I'm off to pray for needy people which is actually so much better than the tit-for-tat debates with others that does little to nothing to glorify God, imho. So, unless there are pressing requests elsewhere and what could be more urgent than prayer requests, the NEED is sure there for continued prayer for so many who are requesting it! I wish more would join me in that effort and ALL are of course WELCOME!

Matthew 6
6 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

The Lord's Prayer

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.