Prohecy today?-

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 1, 2009
It looks like a lot of people are pretty confused about what prophecy actually is...how about you guys let the Bible define what prophecy is for starters?

Exodus 7:1-4
"Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. 2 You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country.3 But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt, 4 he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites."

Here God Himself describes what a prophet is: Someone who hears a message directly (personally) from God and speaks the message to someone that the message is meant for.

According to the Bible in what ways does God speak directly to a person who is to prophesy what God had spoken?

He speaks to them through...
Through visions (look it up)
Through dreams (look it up)
Through Words (look it up)

Jim, when you leave the definitions up to God and the Bible of what prophecy actually is, by your own posts you know that the gift of prophecy still exists today, because you said....

"...Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely!..."

Now you understand that you do actually agree, defined by the Bible, that prophesying and prophecy is relevent and important for the modern church. :)

Last edited: