Purity, this ring I wear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HopeRemains

Wow, what a blessing! I was just thinking about this topic, no joke, 10 minutes ago! I'm 15 now, and I haven't had my first kiss yet- I've never even dated seriously. And, sometimes, I think I'm really weird (everybody else has, etc.) but then I remember it doesn't even matter what the world thinks! I don't actually have a purity ring, but it's important to me. I'm saving myself for the one God has in store for me! It might be hard, but it's worth it!

L

Love009

Wow, what a blessing! I was just thinking about this topic, no joke, 10 minutes ago! I'm 15 now, and I haven't had my first kiss yet- I've never even dated seriously. And, sometimes, I think I'm really weird (everybody else has, etc.) but then I remember it doesn't even matter what the world thinks! I don't actually have a purity ring, but it's important to me. I'm saving myself for the one God has in store for me! It might be hard, but it's worth it!
Yeah, its true. All my friends are dating but it's not appealing to me right now. I know God has some better things than boys right now in my life :)

G

goth4god

I would love to date right now, but only a certain guy, the only problem is that I am in CA and he is in VA -_- kiiinda far away...

H

HopeRemains

I've got mixed feelings when it comes to dating... I mean, yes, I want love- who doesn't? But if I just dive right into a relationship, and he's not "The One", then there's just going to be heartbreak! So I'm trying to wait... Just out of curiousity, how do you think you'll know who the person God has in store for you is? Love at first sight? Or something subtle?

G

goth4god

well the guy I currently like and want to date I have know for almost a year and a half.
it started off as just a friendship, then I started to really like him, and then I went through a book where I am not supposed to date for 6months while I get closer to God so I focused on God for a while... and then the closer I got to God the more I fell for him... so right now I am actually debating with myself and God if he is the one and should ask him to be my courting partner when the last of my 6months is up (I still have about 1 and 1/2 months to go) my only problem is that we live in diff states and I do not want to ask him to be my courting partner until I meet him in person, which could be the soonest a year from now. I am willing to wait because I know if he is the one God has for me it will be totally worth it.
but I think that as long as you are close to God and keep Him number 1 in your life, He will let you know when the right one comes along.

L

Love009

Yeah most definitely, I mean I've never been in love with someone, but I'm pretty sure God will show me the man I'm suppose to marry :)

H

HopeRemains

"A woman’s heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her!” ~Unknown
That's one of my favorite quotes! It's so true! God comes first, then the guy. Just the way it should be!

G

goth4god

yup!
and when you are considering a man for dating or courting, you should make sure that he helps you in your walk with God, not hinders you.

A

AmyLynn93

I agree completely, and I admire your attitude toward staying pure. Some people tend to look at it like a burden, when it is truly a blessing. Once your virginity is gone, there's no getting it back. (Obviously) :] That's why I think it should only be exchanged between husband and wife. That way, when the moment comes, it is new to both of them. Neither will be intimidated by the other's experience, because both of them saved it for eachother. A friend of mine also made a good point once... that you can eventually become numb to the beauty of sex if you have experienced it with multiple partners before you found "the one". People really should consider things like that, for the sake of themselves, and for their future husband/wife.

L

Love009

"A woman’s heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her!” ~Unknown
That's one of my favorite quotes! It's so true! God comes first, then the guy. Just the way it should be!
Thats awesome!!! I've had that general idea in my head but never been able to put it to words!!! Thats amazingly awesome :)

M

Maddog

Uhhh...I've got a wristwatch. However, it is but a simple machine and has no apparent comprehension of ethics, let alone the virtue of chastity (or it at least witholds from me its thoughts on the matter). Nevertheless, it does tell me the time and for that reason alone it is invaluable.

L

Love009

Uhhh...I've got a wristwatch. However, it is but a simple machine and has no apparent comprehension of ethics, let alone the virtue of chastity (or it at least witholds from me its thoughts on the matter). Nevertheless, it does tell me the time and for that reason alone it is invaluable.
haha thats pretty funny. But its also true that a piece of sliver or metal or whatever my ring is made out of is not going to stop me from saving my virginity. Its just a materialistic thing. But God living in me is the best way for me to stay pure.

N

Neongreen2492

I have a purity ring too mine is silver and has a small heart with a cross in the center. I love it when people ask why I wear the same ring all the time cause it gives me an opening to talk about it.