Question for Post-Trib believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bryancampbell

Can a child live for a 100 years now ?
A glorified saint lives forever.

Dear reader, it has been taught for centuries that the saints will be secretly taken up to meet JESUS before the tribulation. The following will prove if this is a fact or not ?
I believe in the Post Trib because it makes more sense.

The short answer is yes. The church will return with Christ and reign with Him for the millennial period. Then satan is loosed from the pit and he with all those who follow him are judged and cast into the lake of fire for eternity. God makes a new heaven and a new earth free from sin where we live with Him forever and ever and ever.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I thought once we go to heaven we stay there. If then the church is coming back, why?

It seems your question is to wonder who is really on the earth for the 1000 years. If all are raptured at the 2nd coming of Jesus and all have glorified bodies, then who is it who has a natural body and reigns on the earth? If everyone has a glorified body then it seems they would want to be in heaven rather than earth. If they have a glorified body, then they won't populate the earth, and there will be no people to reign over on the earth. Jesus will be the king of a kingdom without a people. This is actually one of the biggest problems with the post-trib position. As far as I know there has been no satisfactory answer, other than to suppose there's a difference between the Rapture and the 2nd coming.
I don't think the rapture belief is mixed up. Even the pre trib wouldn't fit because you still would have people who believe in Him to be on earth for the Millennial period. Either one still points to the final judgment at the end. I think I'm confused just on who is staying here for the millennial period rather than a rapture. The rapture coming doesn't seem to be equally fitting with the thousand year reign. See where I am lost at? Lol!

J

John_S

Hello,

I'm struggling in understanding the first and second resurrection. I know that in Revelation 20:4-6 speaks of the first where the ones who rejected the beast and his image, and the martyrs of Christ will resurrect to life and reign a thousand years with Christ in the Millennium. If we are resurrected to life with glorified bodies, are we to stay here with Christ a thousand years with peace before going to heaven? If so, what about the rapture? I thought that takes place right after the tribulation. If we are raptured at the time of Christ. Who is staying for the Millennium kingdom? Some say the 144,000 "Jewish believers", but that still doesn't make sense, I think the tribes are symbolic. I know the second resurrection is the great throne judgement, and those who believe will have everlasting life, but those who are don't believe are sent to the lake of fire (Rev. 20:11-15).

I'm so lost. If we are resurrected with new bodies, do we stay for Christ thousand year reign, or get raptured? If I don't directly reply I'm either not on, or looking for an answer.
The Tribes are NOT symbolic. They are real, exist today, and are spread throughout the world.
The Tribe of Dan (Italy), from which the antichrist will come, is not represented in Revelations.
The Elect will be made up of 12,000 Jews (Tribe of Judah - the ONLY Tribe to maintain its identity - Genesis 49). The rest will be Christians.
It probably would be better to let Jesus worry about who will be resurrected and just live your life the way that would make Jesus proud.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
Exactly, there are people who believe in Christ on the earth at the 2nd coming. As is clear from Rev. the Lord will blast His enemies with the power of His breath. So those who are left are believers with physical bodies who will then populate the millenial kingdom. This wouldn't work if the Rapture was right before the 2nd coming, it would only work if it wasn't.

B

Bryancampbell

The Tribes are NOT symbolic. They are real, exist today, and are spread throughout the world.
The Tribe of Dan (Italy), from which the antichrist will come, is not represented in Revelations.
The Elect will be made up of 12,000 Jews (Tribe of Judah - the ONLY Tribe to maintain its identity - Genesis 49). The rest will be Christians.
It probably would be better to let Jesus worry about who will be resurrected and just live your life the way that would make Jesus proud.
So only 144,000 people will be saved? If the rest of the Jews have lost their identity, how do we Christians take it? I don't understand, your a Ruben, your a Simeon, your a Dan. How does that work?

I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it makes me curious.

B

Bryancampbell

Exactly, there are people who believe in Christ on the earth at the 2nd coming. As is clear from Rev. the Lord will blast His enemies with the power of His breath. So those who are left are believers with physical bodies who will then populate the millenial kingdom. This wouldn't work if the Rapture was right before the 2nd coming, it would only work if it wasn't.
So those who survive the end, the believers, stay for a thousand years and then the rapture at the end of the earthly kingdom?

Oct 14, 2013
Isaiah 65 during the 1000yr on the earth

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

R

reject-tech

Everyone gets two deaths and two resurrections, spiritual and physical, not necessarily in that order.
Everyone gets a baptism by fire somewhere in the process, early or late, Jesus does the dunking in a lake of it.
The order that they occur in, and the effects of them depend on where the person fits in the story.
Finding the better path on the flow chart is best left between Jesus and the individual I think.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Everyone gets two deaths and two resurrections, spiritual and physical, not necessarily in that order.
Everyone gets a baptism by fire somewhere in the process, early or late, Jesus does the dunking in a lake of it.
The order that they occur in, and the effects of them depend on where the person fits in the story.
Finding the better path on the flow chart is best left between Jesus and the individual I think.
Wrong.

You're either born once and die twice,
or born twice and die once.

J

John_S

So only 144,000 people will be saved? If the rest of the Jews have lost their identity, how do we Christians take it? I don't understand, your a Ruben, your a Simeon, your a Dan. How does that work?

I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it makes me curious.
According to Revelations, the Elect will consist of 144,000 first born males, who have never lied and who have never had sexual relations. They will consist of 12,000 from each of the Tribes of Israel, except for Dan, which is listed in Genesis 49 but not in Revelations. I believe that the antichrist will come from Dan.
The Tribes of Israel were NEVER called Jews. They were called Israelites. The Jews are from the Tribe of Judah. When the Assyrians conquered the Kingdom of Israel, they made the people leave their homeland. They were NEVER allowed to return. They Tribes were "lost" to history. I believe that they migrated to Europe and from there to the Americas - North, South, and Central. Australia, New Zealand, and several other places.
I believe that Americans, Brits, and their "children" - Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. are from the Tribes of Joseph and his sons, who were adopted by Jacob for remaining loyal to God in Egypt. They were to receive MANY Blessings because of their loyalty (Genesis 49).
I believe that Zabulon, a sea-faring people, is Spain, Portugal and their "children" - Central and South America and possibly a few other places.
I believe Dan to be Italy because their legal system was copied by Great Britain and the U.S.
I believe that Reuben, who will never be first, might be Ireland.
Whether I am right on this or not is unimportant because God KNOWS where His people are.

NO ONE is "saved" until the day that you die. Then GOD determines whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not - and NOT you, I, or any other human being. That's why I find this Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) doctrine to be antichristian.

Jul 26, 2013
Wrong.

You're either born once and die twice,
or born twice and die once.
Neither happens. Man is appointed to die ONCE.

Oct 14, 2013
According to Revelations, the Elect will consist of 144,000 first born males, who have never lied and who have never had sexual relations. They will consist of 12,000 from each of the Tribes of Israel, except for Dan, which is listed in Genesis 49 but not in Revelations. I believe that the antichrist will come from Dan.
The Tribes of Israel were NEVER called Jews. They were called Israelites. The Jews are from the Tribe of Judah. When the Assyrians conquered the Kingdom of Israel, they made the people leave their homeland. They were NEVER allowed to return. They Tribes were "lost" to history. I believe that they migrated to Europe and from there to the Americas - North, South, and Central. Australia, New Zealand, and several other places.
I believe that Americans, Brits, and their "children" - Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. are from the Tribes of Joseph and his sons, who were adopted by Jacob for remaining loyal to God in Egypt. They were to receive MANY Blessings because of their loyalty (Genesis 49).
I believe that Zabulon, a sea-faring people, is Spain, Portugal and their "children" - Central and South America and possibly a few other places.
I believe Dan to be Italy because their legal system was copied by Great Britain and the U.S.
I believe that Reuben, who will never be first, might be Ireland.
Whether I am right on this or not is unimportant because God KNOWS where His people are.

NO ONE is "saved" until the day that you die. Then GOD determines whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not - and NOT you, I, or any other human being. That's why I find this Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) doctrine to be antichristian.

Are gentile converted christians called God elect also ?

J

John_S

The Elect, consisting of 144,000 Israelite first born males, chosen by Jesus Christ, Himself, will make up the one TRUE Church of Jesus Christ. Because of their existence, God will spare humanity from being annihilated.
The rest of Jesus' followers will have to live - or die - during the Tribulation. The Pre-Trib Rapture doctrine is a false doctrine. Those who believe in it are in very deep spiritual trouble when the antichrist arrives - and he is NOT Barack Obama.

Oct 14, 2013
The Elect, consisting of 144,000 Israelite first born males, chosen by Jesus Christ, Himself, will make up the one TRUE Church of Jesus Christ. Because of their existence, God will spare humanity from being annihilated.
The rest of Jesus' followers will have to live - or die - during the Tribulation. The Pre-Trib Rapture doctrine is a false doctrine. Those who believe in it are in very deep spiritual trouble when the antichrist arrives - and he is NOT Barack Obama.
Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?