Questions for the mature older members...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EricH

Apr 28, 2023
regarding bones, can I ask over 50s if they experience much broken or fractured bones.
Lots of oldies seem to lose their balance and fall over and they can get hurt really badly.
I vaguely remember when I was around fifty, going over the handlebars on my penny farthing bike. It didn’t hurt until I hit the ground and fractured my elbow. It does take longer to heal, but you get through it. Now I am 74, I have to ride a normal bike, I did a few fifty mile rides last year. Aches and pains are kicking in, but somehow we learn to live with them.

I look to people in their 80’s and 90’s for inspiration, God willing that is where I am heading. I feel blessed with the voluntary work I have been doing for many years, going out with the Street Pastors until around 3-4 am. We reach out to the homeless, the late night drinkers, and some very troubled souls. My faith and dependency on our Lord, challenges me to keep doing something!

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
My faith and dependency on our Lord, challenges me to keep doing something!
Amen, and, Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Ahhh good question.... 😅 I am close to 50 lol I am 45, at my age no pains yet. I am still flexible and quite strong physically, compared to some of my friends same age as me....most of them have pains here and there lol I can still run,walk go up and down easy and not run out of breath...

I don't want to romanticize old age because even if I am still physically strong I can feel it already...you can easily break your bones by carrying heavy things....and healing takes time unlike when u were younger

Your circle of friends is getting smaller and smaller.... and I notice even at church they will going to have youth camps but no old camps 😅 you see 😂

So,No life doesn't begin at 50 but you can live differently so that you can still enjoy and experience life to the fullest at 50 ☺️
your 1st paragraph reminds me of what i said when i was 20, about all my friends who took drugs & drank too much. which is: wait til were all 50 or 60 years old & see who looks like what! & sure enough, every classmate i've seen is out of shape (large), not looking to good, shorter than me but when in school they were taller than me & are on the weak side!

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
NO aches and pains, no meds no vitamins, some stretching just eat right and lots of water, and GOD,

resto

Feb 25, 2019
Does life begin after 50?
What is there to look forward to when you cross the mid century mark?
While I know this could turn into a You know youre old when you... type of thread I am genuinely curious as to whether the senior members here are living their best life?
Do you think you are still young at heart?
Hi
Im 65 this year. Ive been saved 43 years. The following is my experience.
I notice that I changed every 10 years since my 20s. A cousin of mine said that You wont get your head on straight till after 30. That was true for me. At 32 I had better understanding and was looking to the future. I still had a lot of energy and a positive attitude, but I worried about certain things.
I can remember what those things were.
In my 30s my cousin (15 years older than me) said "In your 40s you dont worry about or think about the things you did in your 30s. It was true for me.
In my 40s I was more financially healthy with different Hobbies. New Harley. I felt good about how hard I studied in college and It paid off. I was living the American Dream.
Then my 50s came. Very different
In my 50s I thought more about the time I had left and was focused on making it to My Retirement. I have a very good retirement annuity. I began to notice that people didnt look at my face like when I was younger. I wondered what was going on, was it my imagination? Then I was in a store one day. there was a woman in her 30s with a young boy. He was not causing any trouble and I was just walking down the Isle. She looked at me and said to her son something to the effect of get out of the elderly Gentlemans way. I was shocked. Even the condescending tone felt bad. Thats when I knew, I was "OLD". I never had much self Image, never thought about that or cared. It was then that I knew I was different and noticed that I was being treated differently by Younger people. Treated with a noticeable distain. But I shrugged it off. I was getting to the rewarding phase of my life. Retirement. Then older relatives and friends were passing away. I noticed that younger people in my extended Family were looking to me for direction and Guidance, Younger Christians also. I felt a solid Honor of the Torch being passed and a new Duty to teach the generation after me. I doubled down on witnessing and saving souls. I studied the Bible deeper and spent more time with the younger people. I invested in Discipling. It is exhausting, God Blessed me Greatly. Now at 64, I am spent. I had to retire. God spoke to my heart and said that I owe Him a lot of sabbaths. So in order to rest and not be Married to Ministry, I sold everything I have, except my Wonderful Home. Its on the market and its getting a lot of attention. 6 months ago(my wife has been gone 3 years) I looked around at all my possessions pictures and mementos. I have no children. There is no one to leave all this to. It would be a mess to settle my estate. I hate what happens to people when wealth is passed down. Sooo. I had been praying for these 3 years. Its hard having been married for over 32 years and now alone. I needed to start over and that was my answer to prayer. Im cashing in very soon all I have will fit in two suitcases and a Backpack. God opened a door in the Mountains of Thailand. Im converting all my assets into Thai Bhat. I met a Widow who has an Organic farm there. She invited me into her Family.
So....al I know about growing older is that it seemed to me that every ten years changes came and I adapted. But beyond 56 I began to lose people and that was hard. It still is and God is still Gracious. Faith means a lot more now. Ive never been afraid of Dying. Even when I wasnt saved, I was a Marine. After knowing Jesus I welcome Heaven, but I dont want to leave anyone behind.
I have a new beginning. Revival broke out in Chiang Mai Thailand, I didnt know about it. A young Thai Couple started a church its over 4000 people. The revival is spreading South. The King of Thailand is encouraging Christian Churches to spread their Christian Morales.2300 years of Buddhism and 9 year old boys Fight Professionally, trafficked by parents. Lady Boys Trafficked by Parents on the city streets in the South, Young Girls too. The Government of Thailand wants to spread Christian Morals, because its working in the North. I think that the older I got the less things meant in my life here in the US. Wealth, Hot Rods, Harleys, Hunting, Nice Homes, because the people who were there when I built my life are not here to share it with.
So I think the Lesson in my life is, that when I am willing to let go of everything, even when I worked hard for it and deserve it. God will bless me and take me to a higher level.
My Christian Friends are not surprised by what Im doing. The see God in it. Old Friends back from the Mission Fields of Viet Nam and the PI are confirming this is Gods will for me.
Its looks like I will be establishing a Mission Station is Wiang Sa. I will be contacting the Church in Chiang Mai when I get there, I have an Interpreter her family is well respected in Nan Province. I have all the Funding needed already. At 63, the Lowest point in my life, I had no Idea what God was doing. I expect this to be The Greatest Years of my Life in Christ. Just when I thought it was over. Everyone who knows me is Stunned. When Jesus directs a Human life over its years, He just gets Bigger. Thats what to expect after 50. Go All In.

resto

Feb 25, 2019
PS Im giving all my wealth to the Thai Mission Feild. The exchange rate last time I checked was 35 TBH
And Omeprazole. I had to read my prescription bottle to spell that. Pizza after 50 LOL

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
HELLO EVERYONE, I 'M 57 and who keeps me young,?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOD.. the anointing in a persons life, that brakes every yoke, the lord is my strength, he makes me laydown in green pastures, spending time with the lord, brings life,

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
Hi
I notice that I changed every 10 years since my 20s. A cousin of mine said that You wont get your head on straight till after 30. That was true for me. At 32 I had better understanding and was looking to the future. I still had a lot of energy and a positive attitude, but I worried about certain things.
In my 30s my cousin (15 years older than me) said "In your 40s you dont worry about or think about the things you did in your 30s. It was true for me.
In my 40s I was more financially healthy with different Hobbies. New Harley. I felt good about how hard I studied in college and It paid off. I was living the American Dream.
In my 50s I thought more about the time I had left and was focused on making it to My Retirement. I have a very good retirement annuity. I began to notice that people didnt look at my face like when I was younger. I wondered what was going on, was it my imagination? Then I was in a store one day. there was a woman in her 30s with a young boy. He was not causing any trouble and I was just walking down the Isle. She looked at me and said to her son something to the effect of get out of the elderly Gentlemans way. I was shocked. Even the condescending tone felt bad. Thats when I knew, I was "OLD". I never had much self Image, never thought about that or cared. It was then that I knew I was different and noticed that I was being treated differently by Younger people. Treated with a noticeable distain. But I shrugged it off. I was getting to the rewarding phase of my life. Retirement. Then older relatives and friends were passing away. I noticed that younger people in my extended Family were looking to me for direction and Guidance, Younger Christians also. I felt a solid Honor of the Torch being passed and a new Duty to teach the generation after me. I doubled down on witnessing and saving souls. I studied the Bible deeper and spent more time with the younger people. I invested in Discipling. It is exhausting, God Blessed me Greatly. Now at 64, I am spent. I had to retire. God spoke to my heart and said that I owe Him a lot of sabbaths. So in order to rest and not be Married to Ministry, I sold everything I have, except my Wonderful Home. Its on the market and its getting a lot of attention. 6 months ago(my wife has been gone 3 years) I looked around at all my possessions pictures and mementos. I have no children. There is no one to leave all this to. It would be a mess to settle my estate. I hate what happens to people when wealth is passed down. Sooo. I had been praying for these 3 years. Its hard having been married for over 32 years and now alone. I needed to start over and that was my answer to prayer. Im cashing in very soon all I have will fit in two suitcases and a Backpack. God opened a door in the Mountains of Thailand. Im converting all my assets into Thai Bhat. I met a Widow who has an Organic farm there. She invited me into her Family.
So....al I know about growing older is that it seemed to me that every ten years changes came and I adapted. But beyond 56 I began to lose people and that was hard. It still is and God is still Gracious. Faith means a lot more now. Ive never been afraid of Dying. Even when I wasnt saved, I was a Marine. After knowing Jesus I welcome Heaven, but I dont want to leave anyone behind.
I have a new beginning. Revival broke out in Chiang Mai Thailand, I didnt know about it. A young Thai Couple started a church its over 4000 people. The revival is spreading South. The King of Thailand is encouraging Christian Churches to spread their Christian Morales.2300 years of Buddhism and 9 year old boys Fight Professionally, trafficked by parents. Lady Boys Trafficked by Parents on the city streets in the South, Young Girls too. The Government of Thailand wants to spread Christian Morals, because its working in the North. I think that the older I got the less things meant in my life here in the US. Wealth, Hot Rods, Harleys, Hunting, Nice Homes, because the people who were there when I built my life are not here to share it with.
So I think the Lesson in my life is, that when I am willing to let go of everything, even when I worked hard for it and deserve it. God will bless me and take me to a higher level.
My Christian Friends are not surprised by what Im doing. The see God in it. Old Friends back from the Mission Fields of Viet Nam and the PI are confirming this is Gods will for me.
Its looks like I will be establishing a Mission Station is Wiang Sa. I will be contacting the Church in Chiang Mai when I get there, I have an Interpreter her family is well respected in Nan Province. I have all the Funding needed already. At 63, the Lowest point in my life, I had no Idea what God was doing. I expect this to be The Greatest Years of my Life in Christ. Just when I thought it was over. Everyone who knows me is Stunned. When Jesus directs a Human life over its years, He just gets Bigger. Thats what to expect after 50. Go All In.
HELLO BROTHER RESTO, GOD BLESS YOU, your in you middle age, mosses live to be 120 years youg, so that means when we are in our 60's that's the middle, in Jewish custom when a man turns 50, he must put down, the hard physical work, and become teachers, we are kings and priests, my brother you just getting started, mosses was 80 when lead , joyce meyers was 52 when God told her to go , so you are in a Good place, have fun, GOD BLESS, brother paul:)(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hi
that is amazing testimony
I think God can really do a lot with mature members of his church when they are willing and not so concerned with themselves...thats not to say everyone who retires must do it the same way but theres lots of possiblities that are open when you are older for ministry then there are for younger people who rush into it too young (im thinking of those 'short term mission trips' that end up just being. a holiday camp for wealthy young christians) and then burn out. I also think that growing up these days is very tough for young people, older people have managed to survive this world for that long so they kind of obligated to give back if they are still in good health and that is only right dont you think?

Jun 20, 2023
Does life begin after 50?
What is there to look forward to when you cross the mid century mark?
While I know this could turn into a You know youre old when you... type of thread I am genuinely curious as to whether the senior members here are living their best life?
Do you think you are still young at heart?
I am 63, never been sick a single day in my life and am physically fit. Your physical and mental age a relevant to the amount of exercise you did when younger. Overeating is a common way to age with aches and pains. Simply walking as much as possible will keep the pounds off and aclvert many illnesses. Of course I can't preform like a 30-year old, but exercise is the key to a healthy golden age.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am 63, never been sick a single day in my life and am physically fit. Your physical and mental age a relevant to the amount of exercise you did when younger. Overeating is a common way to age with aches and pains. Simply walking as much as possible will keep the pounds off and aclvert many illnesses. Of course I can't preform like a 30-year old, but exercise is the key to a healthy golden age.
Howdy Jackie and welcome to the forum.

You mean to say you have never had so much as the common cold before?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
did you ever have the measles, chicken pox, the mumps, a flu, a cold, stomach ache, head ache, etc.?

Feb 10, 2024
I am in my 60’s and I can tell you, I still have a lot of living to do and plenty of “firsts” to look forward to. Within the last 12 months, I was saved, thank you Jesus, I started a brand new career, and I bought a house, on my own, no husband, for the first time. I am looking forward to running a half marathon and traveling in the next twelve months, the Lord willing.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am in my 60’s and I can tell you, I still have a lot of living to do and plenty of “firsts” to look forward to. Within the last 12 months, I was saved, thank you Jesus, I started a brand new career, and I bought a house, on my own, no husband, for the first time. I am looking forward to running a half marathon and traveling in the next twelve months, the Lord willing.
Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Yeah... Life is too short to be bored. :cool: