Questions I'd like to ask Tommy4Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Firstly, Tommy, thank you for responding. And thank you also for using paragraphs.

All that I preach comes to life when you realize you are not born a poor helpless sinner, or that Jesus was your substitute, He is our example, our strength, out light and power to resist sin and the world!
His purpose surely wasn't to take the wrath of God, or to be a substitute for us, but He died as a ransom to set mankind free from the bondage's of sin, not in them, so yes He had many purposes for us to follow and walk an obedient life IN His strength, in no way am I saying we don't need Jesus from the false accusers.

But what do you do with the bible verses that plainly state that Jesus took our punishment?

"5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

All that I preach comes to life when you realize you are not born a poor helpless sinner, or that Jesus was your substitute, He is our example, our strength, out light and power to resist sin and the world! he made it clear, he who overcomes will inherit eternal life, and unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees and scribes, you will not make it onto the Kingdom.

One other thing. Human righteousness is described in the bible in very dismissive terms. Filthy rags, etc. Paul himself said that he was "blameless" towards the law. And then he goes on to say that this is dung. Why would he call something "dung", if it made him "savable" (as you put it)?

as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
DarkVoid: God is unjust, abortion is okay, evil is good and good is evil.

Tommy: repent.

Yeah, totally against everything the forum stands for...NOT.
It's not the urge to repentance that bothers me. He keeps saying that anyone who disagrees with him is trying to justify a sinful lifestyle. Tommy has responded to praise reports by urging the person to repent, even though they hadn't mentioned any sins.

Wow some of you need to get over yourselves..like now.
I do not necessarily agree with all things that Tommy4christ says..but much of it I do.
He believes in living for God,and does not make grace an excuse to not live a life that shows the fruit of repentance,others here say you can live your life however,and STILL be born again? How?

No one here that i have seen has claimed to kick any habit apart from God, just because one does not excuse things in the name of grace, and hides behind cheap grace..does not mean they say they did anything apart from God. It's called human responsibility,it cannot be made separate from true grace. Any other 'form of grace' is a cheapened lie..its not grace, it runs the risk of being licentiousness or very close to it.
Who's been promoting sin and saying that you can live however you want?

I guess the issue is..here many got selective reading, they will add to what you say..and say since you preach repentance,which is a turning away from..not towards sin..that you are pridefull. I guess many of these sadly only want to quote certain scriptures and avoid what the very thing Jesus said, which was to go and sin no more..and to stop sinning(stop living it,practicing it as a sport till you become proficient at it)
Some want both, they want one foot in the world,and one foot in the faith..it does not work that way. And if some choose to become offended by this, I am not here to make everyone like me, I would like it if they did..but that's not Jesus said would happen. Be encouraged, there are some who do not forsake repentance for this 'other gospel' of false grace. Keep on,and keep up the good work..regardless of what some here advocate, or the accusatory remarks they say.
No, the issue (or one of them, anyway) is that Tommy (and apparently rauleetoe too, eh?) accuses people of justifying sin if they don't agree with everything he says. That you're being worldly if you promote God's grace instead of your own effort. That this means you're "sinning like the devil".

T

Tintin

Not only that, he doesn't discuss things, he just talks at you - or more accurately, shouts judgement.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Miss Maggie,

I think you misunderstood what POPCLICK said. He was saying that no one can stop sinning without God's help. (not pro or con, just explaining)
Why, yes. That's exactly what she was saying. ;)