Quit it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
You don't have to openly share what first came to your mind, but reflect on it. Are you partaking in something that you know better than to do? What do you think you should do about it? Repent? Change your mind about that conduct and act accordingly, maybe even righting your wrong?

The idea for this thread just popped into my mind, and I thought it was neat. How many different responses are going through people's heads as they read the title for this thread? What do they feel they need to quit, knowing better? A little self reflection almost instantaneously occurs as we fill in what "it" is.

Quit it. What is it? You already know. :p

Nov 19, 2016
I like to sometimes reflect on what I may say, but sometimes I don't either, I just let the spirit flow ya know what I mean?

Now if it is to badger someone and tell them they aren't christian because they might believe in so different view, is wrong to condemn those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that is unfair, and wrong.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I need to quit telling people who ask questions in an OP to tell me what they need to quit first......my normal reply is:

No, no, you first.......I insist.....

A

Ariel82

I need to quit telling people who ask questions in an OP to tell me what they need to quit first......my normal reply is:

No, no, you first.......I insist.....
Thought he did say.....quit saying what first pops into your head before reflecting upon it?

Interesting thread to reflect on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
My honest first thought upon seeing the thread title was, "I wonder what (whoever wrote the OP) wants (whomever is the intended audience) to quit."

My first thought upon reading the opening post was a pinch of smug self-righteousness... because my first thought wasn't about some "thing" that I need to quit.

Oh... yeah... I need to quit being smug and self-righteous. ;)

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
My honest first thought upon seeing the thread title was, "I wonder what (whoever wrote the OP) wants (whomever is the intended audience) to quit."

My first thought upon reading the opening post was a pinch of smug self-righteousness... because my first thought wasn't about some "thing" that I need to quit.

I like that, haha. :p

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

I was thinking about what the Lord would have me say when I saw the OP, quit it....honest! And my thought too was about others, not me. Lol smug? No, but self righteous? A tad...:)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
If only I could just quit it.

A little self reflection doesn't fill it in, neither does constant self reflection either.

Yeh let's just quit it.
After all it's easy isn't it.

Dec 9, 2011
You don't have to openly share what first came to your mind, but reflect on it. Are you partaking in something that you know better than to do? What do you think you should do about it? Repent? Change your mind about that conduct and act accordingly, maybe even righting your wrong?

The idea for this thread just popped into my mind, and I thought it was neat. How many different responses are going through people's heads as they read the title for this thread? What do they feel they need to quit, knowing better? A little self reflection almost instantaneously occurs as we fill in what "it" is.

Honestly the first thing that popped Into my head when I saw the title ”quit It” was how some might say ,If you love GOD keep HIS ten commandments and I was thinking that the same GOD that spoke In the old testament Is the same GOD that spoke the new testament and since GOD does not change that some think that they should try to keep the law and be under grace also and doesn’t the bible say we are not suppose to mix law and grace?

Chester

May 23, 2016
Quit it - that is stop spending so much time on CC (on those controversial threads . . .)

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
If only I could just quit it.

A little self reflection doesn't fill it in, neither does constant self reflection either.

Yeh let's just quit it.
After all it's easy isn't it.
I had a feeling this response was going to occur. Seek the Lord, approach the throne of grace in time of need. He will give you the grace and mercy to overcome, He will give you the escape. It sounds so neatly packed, this response, but it is through God that we overcome as He sanctifies us. You may be struggling now, but let God's word transform you by growing in your understanding of who you now are in Christ. Seek the Lord for His strength.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I had a feeling this response was going to occur. Seek the Lord, approach the throne of grace in time of need. He will give you the grace and mercy to overcome, He will give you the escape. It sounds so neatly packed, this response, but it is through God that we overcome as He sanctifies us. You may be struggling now, but let God's word transform you by growing in your understanding of who you now are in Christ. Seek the Lord for His strength.
Was they your purpose?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Was they your purpose?
No, but after the thread was made it crossed my mind that someone might get the idea that to quit it comes as a strength of their own and so I somewhat expected your response (eventually). It was an after thought, but hey, maybe the Lord knew you were seeking that answer?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
No, but after the thread was made it crossed my mind that someone might get the idea that to quit it comes as a strength of their own and so I somewhat expected your response (eventually). It was an after thought, but hey, maybe the Lord knew you were seeking that answer?
Expected my response or a response along the same lines from others?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Expected my response or a response along the same lines from others?
Not specifically you, in general. Does that detract from my response? lol :p

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Not specifically you, in general. Does that detract from my response? lol :p
No not at all.

Will step down now.

Sorry that I have digressed and not fully got the intent of this thread.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
No not at all.

Will step down now.

Sorry that I have digressed and not fully got the intent of this thread.
No, no, its all good. Its just something that allows us to have an honest evaluation of ourselves. If someone said to you, "Quit it", you might ponder, "Quit what?" In that same respect, if you say to yourself quit it what comes to the forefront of your mind immediately? Anything at all? Again, this is for personal reflection you don't have to share.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
You don't have to openly share what first came to your mind, but reflect on it.
Geez, I thought it was the LORD telling you that you were righteous, (Proverbs 12:5) but then I remembered (Isaiah 55:8) since there are two classes of thought, one that comes from within from self-reflection and own reasoning and the other which bolts into ones mind when it hit me (Proverbs 29:11), whose thought did you think was neat? (Proverbs 3:6)

I can't quit, can you? James 4:17 :rolleyes: