Random thoughts about Narcissism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Does narcissism lead people to "asexuality" and social isolation?

I want to see if there is a thread on CC...

J

JustAnotherUser

Does narcissism lead people to "asexuality" and social isolation?

I want to see if there is a thread on CC...
I don't know about asexuality, as to my understanding it means the person has no interest or desire in romantic intimacy in relationships... I would think, however, that narcissism would include people who only seek for approval and praise from others as if they are held in a higher position than those around them in order to deserve such compliments. There are people who are reserved that can be like this, but there's also outgoing people who express it openly as well.

I have found a list of someone who posted something earlier about narcissism that might help to better understand the traits of such people. It was focused on parents who are narcissists but I think it shows similarity of people generally like this around other people as well:

May 3, 2013
Excellent!

If I added "he", next to "she" (he / she) several of those points you´ve mentioned may show some "Traits of PARENTAL Narcissism".

Thanks!

I will copy your input in my notes.

May 3, 2013
"Hey! You look, this is not a dating site" and the truth I see is that loneliness longs to be heard, saved and loved.

:eek:

May 3, 2013
Hidden narcissism is so selfish that you may read things like this:

"[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: grey_main, bgcolor: #F1F2F2, align: left"] I don't chase or purse, because I am the prize. Are you worthy?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

"

You must please their needs and, if not, you´ll be discharged and, the "burden" should be beared by you alone because it was your choose, your step... and the risk.

Of course you are worthy! (Are they? and to what extend?)

Those words I picked from another site, just these: [TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: grey_main, bgcolor: #F1F2F2, align: left"] I don't chase or purse because I am the prize. Are you worthy?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

PS

If you see monikers like "Foxy" be careful... Those like to prey ppl.

He! He!

May 3, 2013
Don´t be lured away!

Take heed to this note:

In the summertime you can catch me at the lake. I'm old school and believe in a man being a man... with that said I want to date.

May 3, 2013
Narcissims sucks!

Some time before, someone asked “what ppl have wanted to be”. I´m unwilling to share that, in details but, when I read that interesting question I laughed, not only for the possibility of ppl been too openhearted but, for that online soul harvesting.

When I was a child, I wanted to be all: A man of science, a teacher... and a musician. Few days back I relearned why I wanted to be “a musician”: I thought they have it “all” (and that is one of those lies we ppl believed).

On the bottom of those preconceived ideas, what it is really wanted, it was fame, money and sex (basically).

When you get old, it doesn´t matter how many things you had achieved professionally or academically, fame, money and sex keep their going on.

When you turned to Jesus Christ and His lordship, you could be changed, in those areas affecting your ego, your inner world that goes too proud.

Narcissism is involved in all of this.

Personal pride might have misled more than a million of ppl´s souls.

I cannot speak for another person but, you surely know what has affected your own life, in an odd or hurtful way.

Has fame and its luring ways grabbed you, once?

“Normal” narcissism would lure you away some how. If you are not “a star”, you would -probably- seek after one bringing life over you (and not inside?).

Unnoticedly, I supposed that -if I had “fame” enough- money will come along easily (as those enjoyable things would come, too).

That is not simple! I was wronged, but the world would say it wasn´t too wrong, according to its ways (I´ve lived in).

I grew near that “artistic” world, I wanted to be part of.

I envied apparent “success” it often promised (just to get those worldly pleasures I haven´t got, the way I liked). Sin, by the way, offered the same… Like the Old Serpent promised Eve and Adam!

Money was not what I sought, but what it could be bought with it.

It wasn´t the temporal glory men like to receive, neither the “honor” of that recognition, but what I could enjoy physically and everything I could pay for (or receive for free).

If you are a committed Christan believer, you surely know what Jesus taught about self-righteousness and about being Narcissist.

Whenever He said something like this: “Mat 23:9 Don't call anyone on earth your father. All of you have the same Father in heaven. ” He wasn´t talking to Catholic people around, He was talking to Jewish ppl (and to you and me).

When He said: “Mat 23:10 None of you should be called the leader. The Messiah is your only leader. ” He was avoid men´s traditions and the way His people was giving personal cultism or cultic personalism of men´s fame.

He said whom we ought to worship and fear (Luk_12:5).

Who it is man, we should worship in awesome fear? (Job_28:28; 2Co_5:11)

Recently I wrote down this thought I had (in Spanish):

Narcisismo: "Pararse bajo el árbol que te dé mejor luz... Sin ser uno parte de la sombra." ¡Perro! Hay tantos narcisistas, que ya me asombram. Ja! Ja!

Narcissism (another definition): “Standing up near the biggest tree which might bring -on you- LIGHT, instead of making you part of its shadows”

What type of a man Christ was?

Whenever I read this (Joh 7:3-5 So his brothers said to him, Go away from here into Judaea so that your disciples may see the works which you do. Because no man does things secretly if he has a desire that men may have knowledge of him. If you do these things, let yourself be seen by all men. For even his brothers had no belief in him. ) I know what type of man He was (Mat 12:18-21)

Jesus was TOO far from seeking human´s worldly fame.

Joh 5:30 I cannot do anything on my own. (...) because I obey him, and I don't just try to please myself.

Joh 8:50 But I seek not mine own glory (…)

Joh 5:41 I don't care about human praise (…)

Joh 5:34 I don't depend on what people say about me (...)

If I compared Him to this verse (Mat 6:2 ... because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward. ) I know He was talking to us, to seek not men´s glory.

And, pouring more light on what He actually taught (by deeds, not dead words) He added:

Joh 5:34 I don't depend on what people say about me. Instead, I say these things, so that you may be saved.

Narcissims sucks!

A.T.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Didn't narcissists used to be called, "megalomaniacs?"

May 3, 2013
I don´t know! (good question)

But I´ve heard, many of them think, they are empowered, somehow.

May 3, 2013
If I were a teen I would not tell -onlilne- nobody loves me...

It´s just a huge mistake many ppl keep on doing to draw some kind attention and, of course -if that was the case- such a person is endangering herself (or himself) to being hurt.

I have met ppl online or personally having "pissed" of that way.

Will you tell an ENEMY "I´m not being loved"?

That reminds me of that king, inside Israel, who showed all the possesions he had and, later on, he was invaded and robbed...

Don´t be that person! Don´t fool yourself, please.

I also have seen how many ladies have been abused for trusting those who were wolves undercovered as sheep.

Smell those lies you probably started, to get what you thought it was best...

That problem still happens online... :(

White-Slave Traffic Act legal definition of White-Slave Traffic Act

There are young and naive ppl being hurt, somehow:

Mary Jane Veloso on Foreign Correspondent: Why she was spared

Why do I see it as narcissist?

I have heard how some ppl say it, about themselves and the place they are in... That´s why abd some ppl prtend to be friends, but they are not.

Sophie, víctima de trata de blancas: "Hay cosas que no se pueden olvidar" - laSexta

Pederastia y trata de blancas deben de ser evitadas en redes sociales

May 3, 2013
Will you send a text message saying:

"Look! This is Dora´s daughter. Next 22 is my birthday. I want my gift."

May 3, 2013
Since I know where that leads, I replied:

"Can I be your gift?"

May 3, 2013
She said:

"¡No! I want my birthday gift. Did you listen to it? A chocolate, at least"

May 3, 2013
Since I want to stay away of "it", I tried to dig on what (and why) she insists on a thing I don´t want.

I replied:

"Am I NOT a good gift for your birthday?

Just a chocolate bar you want? And, how do I know you deserved something better than me?

Ha! Ha!

May 3, 2013
Soon after I said, again:

"Chocolate kisses serve, as well and here they are: Muacks!"

She replied:

"What an ugly way you valuate yourself. And hurry up to do your shopping."

Afterwards, she replied using my mother´s mobile:

"Ok! You just buy a chocolate bar. Bite it a lot, and then kiss me... At least I can think you bought the chocolate to give a piece"

She has the money to buy herself anything!

She has her "husband" and I know she has her crush for... The butcher! So, why would I involved in a narcissist relationship like that?

I have to pray that she get settled down with the person she already has, NOT with me.

May 3, 2013
As a response to "what an ugly way you valuate yourself" I said:

"I can rebuild myself from ruins. I can clone and reproduce the way I was, after being hurt, up to the last breath of life".

Happy, my mom called and I asked not to allow her my phone number.

My mother knows she has a a life partner and I don´t want to waste my time on "friendly" relationships like that.

I don´t want to be lured away in those things I was used: Lust, and nothing else but selfish narcissims.

S

skylove7

It's just not good! Lol
That's all I know