Rap Music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NinjaGirl2069

Is rap music a bad way to worship? I mean Christian rap. People tell me that rap is bad. My parents don't agree with my music choice. Anyone think rap is bad?

U

Ugly

I've been listening to Christian rap for over 10 years. Some of it has really been used by God. There are just people out there that are stuck in tradition. Your parents may be of those types.

N

NinjaGirl2069

Yea.. Ive been listening to lecrae and Toby mac a lot.. I'll try shai .. Thanks

I

isoneedahug

Sometimes the spirit at work behind rap music is pride, self exhaltation, and this is really all you should watch out for, because there are some really good christian rappers and alternative artists. Always ask yourself is Jesus really being glorified or is it all about the artist's own glory? They expose themselves by the choices they make in the cover images as well, some of it is really unclean and toxic, no matter how much they claim christianity. I would also watch out for dark negative lyrics and get rid of anything that has to do with that. God bless. Personnally i stick to straight wholesome classic worship stuff, because i wanna stay out of trouble :)

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
If you really like Christians who rap, you should check out bizzle, trip lee, humble tip.

N

NinjaGirl2069

Okay thanks.. I really enjoy listening to rap.. Ive been addicted to Trip lee and Lecrae.

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
Same here....I listen to it loud and proud.

May 10, 2014
Is rap music a bad way to worship? I mean Christian rap. People tell me that rap is bad. My parents don't agree with my music choice. Anyone think rap is bad?
I've always heard people say christian rap, christian rock, and anything that isn't in terms of praise and worship is bad, but when you think about it music was the devils forte, So then all music would be bad right. I believe that if the music helps your soul spiritually and speaks of the truth then where is the bad in it. So no rap is not bad, heck I listen to Andy Mineo, Lacrae, 116 and a lot of others and all I've heard was the truth so if your parents don't agree, give them time I'd say the times have changed since they were last our age.

Mar 21, 2014
FOR MY OWNED OPINION IF YOU READ ECCLESIASTES 7:5,WHICH TALKS ABOUT THE HEARING OF SONGS OF FOOLS,I DON'T LIKE THOSE RAP SONGS BECAUSE THE BEATS ARE THE SAME WITH WORDLY MUSIC,HIP HOPS.

Feb 21, 2014
I've always heard people say christian rap, christian rock, and anything that isn't in terms of praise and worship is bad, but when you think about it music was the devils forte, So then all music would be bad right. I believe that if the music helps your soul spiritually and speaks of the truth then where is the bad in it. So no rap is not bad, heck I listen to Andy Mineo, Lacrae, 116 and a lot of others and all I've heard was the truth so if your parents don't agree, give them time I'd say the times have changed since they were last our age.
The style is more subjective, whatever it is, but for me it's the lyrics which count a lot.

S

ScaryJS97

It's all about the message. I listen to Lecrae, Toby Mac, 116, Derek Minor, KB, Trip Lee, etc, on a daily basis because of the convicting and holy message that they convey. They've helped bring me closer to God, understand my own problems more and they've helped get me through the day, thus I am able to glorify God for them and because of them. If it glorifies God, then it is not a sin:

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31

"All" means there's room for Christian rap, too.

I mean listen/read the lyrics of this and tell me if it's sinful or glorifying God?

[video=youtube;-cCTGSp1VzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCTGSp1VzA[/video]

:D

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
There are pretty good christian rap songs! Just make sure that you can praise God with it! :D