Religious bigots and your understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Abraham would be a classic example of this.

He never met Jesus or knew Jesus, but yet God loved him.
I say ---your ignorance in knowing the Old Testament is showing here -----as Abraham did meet and talk to Jesus face to face ------

https://unashamedofjesus.org/2020/02/02/abraham-meets-jesus/

Where did Jesus meet Abraham?
The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-and-Abraham.html

One day, “the LORD appeared to Abraham” (Genesis 18:1). Throughout the conversation, the Lord is alternately called a “man” and “the Lord” (verses 2, 13, 16, 17, 22). This is a case of an Old Testament Christophany (a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ). Genesis 18 provides further support for Jesus’ claim that He existed before Abraham. Jesus visited Abraham and Sarah in their tent and ate a meal with them.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
He didn't deny the trinity and He trusted God and believed Him.

Everyone here who believes the trinity believes what the Word says. It's not our "version" it's there in black and white. You believe the Word or you don't, period.

If a person doesn't believe in Jesus they are condemned already, that's also in the Bible.

No, it's up to us to show them the truth of God's Word, the Good News. But that is talking about sinners. That's not talking about your friend who denies the trinity no matter what the Word says. When you deny the Word you cannot claim to be a Christian. You're fooling yourself.

No, that's just you trying to cover for your friend. People have shared multiple verses from the Word showing the truth that Jesus is God. For you to call these people religious bigots is way beyond the pale, especially considering people who deny the truth that Jesus is God are usually banned here. So don't try to act like this is some thread you just came up with and not a thread to bash people who are telling the truth in another thread to your friend who denies the trinity. That person seems like a nice person, I have agreed with them on other points they have made and I have no personal issue with them. But the Word is true, Jesus is God. And you calling me a religious bigot isn't going to change that truth or stop me from sharing that truth.
This is bigotry sorry. To
I say ---your ignorance in knowing the Old Testament is showing here -----as Abraham did meet and talk to Jesus face to face ------

https://unashamedofjesus.org/2020/02/02/abraham-meets-jesus/

Where did Jesus meet Abraham?
The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-and-Abraham.html

One day, “the LORD appeared to Abraham” (Genesis 18:1). Throughout the conversation, the Lord is alternately called a “man” and “the Lord” (verses 2, 13, 16, 17, 22). This is a case of an Old Testament Christophany (a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ). Genesis 18 provides further support for Jesus’ claim that He existed before Abraham. Jesus visited Abraham and Sarah in their tent and ate a meal with them.
bible states the father can be called the lord and so can the son

The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
35 until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”’[f]

I must say this scripture is not ignorant.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
This is bigotry sorry. To
bible states the father can be called the lord and so can the son
The same to you. I'm not here to play head games. Jesus is God. Period. You say you believe that, good. VA doesn't and that is a serious misunderstanding. To say Jesus was a mere man is heresy.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Isaiah 9:6 declares that the child born to the virrgin would be called Everlasting Father, Ruler of peace, comforter, counselor, God Almighty, and more. This says to my heart that God will be what He will be, and by faith, I do not need toquesstion this truth, but I do believe it.
The word, Trinity, does not appear in the Word, nor is it necessary. Faith settles all. God bless you and all here, amen.
Isaiah 9:6 declares that the child born to the virrgin would be called Everlasting Father, Ruler of peace, comforter, counselor, God Almighty, and more. This says to my heart that God will be what He will be, and by faith, I do not need toquesstion this truth, but I do believe it.
The word, Trinity, does not appear in the Word, nor is it necessary. Faith settles all. God bless you and all here, amen.
amen

“God was manifest in the flesh,”

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:31-33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: and knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:20-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,
preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
It is better to be a properly reverent religious bigot than an irreverent sacrilegious one.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The same to you. I'm not here to play head games. Jesus is God. Period. You say you believe that, good. VA doesn't and that is a serious misunderstanding. To say Jesus was a mere man is heresy.
this a blanket statement sorry.

You can say Jesus is God without stating Jesus is not God the father.

You can't put The authority of Jesus higher than the father.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

Jesus is deity, he is not just a man. Now we're clear.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023

You can say Jesus is God when Jesus is not God the father.

You can't condem a believer in Jesus for believing Jesus is not God.

The trinity is something that no-one can fully grasp.

And not many people, come to realise Jesus is God, unless there told.

And when there told they often find it hard to believe.

Because why.

Because they've only ever known him as the son the of God and there saviour.

The saviour of the world.

And you can't say by not accepting Jesus is God you are condemned, because there is no condemnation for those in Christ.

Plus God father still loved all his children who not knew Christ in the old testament.

Baptism says you must confess Jesus is lord.

As I've allready shown you the word lord can mean God or lord or master.

so what your doing is still bigotry for condemning va,

are we clear.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Bigot, [definition]
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced

Theres much evidence, that love is also a choice of yes and no 😊

My research suggests there is much evidence of God condemning religious bigots right through out the bible, basically God condemned people on what they knew.

But theres not much evidence of God condemning people for evidence they never had or did not know.

Abraham would be a classic example of this.

He never met Jesus or knew Jesus, but yet God loved him.

Abraham never knew what the trinity was but yet God still loved him.

It's would also stand to reason then, if a person in this day and age said no I don't believe your idea of the trinity,
Or said no I don't believe in Jesus, it's not upto a religious bigots to condem them.

But up to God to love them and show them

Just my interpretation of religious bigots,

Hope to hear yours soon. 😊

Jesus showed grace to those with eyes to see and ears to hear His words. He was very prejudiced towards the leadership who led the people astray however. The pharisees and Sadducees should have known better, but they misrepresented the Lord and taught false gospels. Some of the leadership got saved, but most loved the praise of men over the praise if God, so they would not openly confess Christ. The masses were victims. False prophets/ preachers leas them to hell. Christ was never all inclusive. Just like back then, He was mocked and today His followers are hated when they speak as Jesus spoke.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Jesus showed grace to those with eyes to see and ears to hear His words. He was very prejudiced towards the leadership who led the people astray however. The pharisees and Sadducees should have known better, but they misrepresented the Lord and taught false gospels. Some of the leadership got saved, but most loved the praise of men over the praise if God, so they would not openly confess Christ. The masses were victims. False prophets/ preachers leas them to hell. Christ was never all inclusive. Just like back then, He was mocked and today His followers are hated when they speak as Jesus spoke.
Jesus spoke to them to make them challenge there beliefs.

His word had to be spoken. And someone had to be rebuked.

Condemning isn't Just about exclusion, as well you know its about correcting in love

When exclusion is applied to condemning it's generally in the form of exçlusion from people

Exclusion is represented as a warning by Jesus.

Because none of us including Christians can be higher in authority than our father,

À faith that remembers all life as sacred, is holy,

Life it's self is sacred, a holy act created by God.

And every person is apart of that holy blessing

CS1

May 23, 2012
I would like to know where the Trinity is found in the Bible "in black and white."
the word is not there. It is a theological word and concept as the Bible has many concepts where the word is not mentioned but teaching is there.

One of the most important concepts in Christianity is that of Jesus giving his life on the Cross (the Crucifixion) and rising from the dead on the third day (the Resurrection). Christians believe that there is only one God, but that there are three elements to this one God: God the Father. God the Son.

Jesus is God:
Hebrews 1:3 3 The (Jesus) Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

John 20:28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The Holy Spirit is God:

(John 14:25–26;
15:26–27;
16:7–15).

1Pet 1:21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Matthew 3:16-17

God the Father is God:

Maatthew 3:16-17 16After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Matthew 3:18-20 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Luke 1:35
The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

The word of God Testifys that Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and God the Father is God.

And Because the word of God says God is one, they all must be one yet distinct. Human intellect can not comprehend this. But we can apprehend it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Dec 21, 2020
the word is not there. It is a theological word and concept as the Bible has many concepts where the word is not mentioned but teaching is there.

One of the most important concepts in Christianity is that of Jesus giving his life on the Cross (the Crucifixion) and rising from the dead on the third day (the Resurrection). Christians believe that there is only one God, but that there are three elements to this one God: God the Father. God the Son.

Jesus is God:
Hebrews 1:3 3 The (Jesus) Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

John 20:28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The Holy Spirit is God:

(John 14:25–26;
15:26–27;
16:7–15).

1Pet 1:21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Matthew 3:16-17

God the Father is God:

Maatthew 3:16-17 16After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Matthew 3:18-20 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Luke 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

The word of God Testifys that Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and God the Father is God.

And Because the word of God says God is one, they all must be one yet distinct. Human intellect can not comprehend this. But we can apprehend it.
Thanks. I have already responded to most of your points in other threads, it would be pointless to do so again. Most people are firmly set in what they believe.

I believe that people are first taught that God is a Trinity, and then shown scriptures in the Bible that are said to support it. I think that if people started from the Bible, they would not come to the conclusion that God is a Trinity.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think that if people started from the Bible, they would not come to the conclusion that God is a Trinity.
God is presented as a compound from the beginning of the Bible, in Genesis 1:26 ~

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the
birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.”