Repentance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
Even though I don't like the 5 minute rule...it does keep someone from going back and changing what was said which in itself can cause problems as well......
Not really a problem if the increase was only a sensible one to a half-hour, or so. Because a lot of people DO, quite often, leave a word or thought out, (or get their point backward) thus confusing people..... and when it is pointed out, the skimpy 5 minutes allowed for editing has often expired.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You just need to be careful with what you say and how you say it... I know it puts us all on the same footing that way, and it is not always easy to find the exact words one wants every time one goes searching for the exact words to exactly describe the exact thing one wishes to say exactly LOL... If I do any editing I like to get it done in the first minute before it will show that I needed to do an edit; if it is a minor mistake I will leave it as is. I am far from perfect and realize others are as well, but do expect us to be able to say what we mean and clarify when required. :)

O

oldthennew

Repentance is a pouring out of the heart before God.
The old man has to see the abominations they have
committed before God,,,and CONFESS them with their mouths...
this is a REALITY CHECk for the NEW MAN, that they may realize the wickedness
that they have been participating in for all of their lives....

it is Not a ROTE recitation,,.,it is a CLEANSING'....and a PURGING'.....as much as is possible
for a human to do,,,,,
for Christ cleans-up the devastating MESS that the 'powers of the world' and US have created
through our own lusts.....but, never-the-less, it is a 'requirement' to come 'clean' as much
as is humanly possible.....this can only be a statement of 'contrite honesty' and then,
our Father forgives us of our 'past sins' and we have a clean-slate to start our NEW CREATION
with, and we will certainly need CORRECTION as we go along, for we are BABES at this point..,.
destined to be, those that will be partaking of strong meat and we will have no use for milk........

W

weakness

Interesting conversation with which I mostly agree on all the diverse ways God moves. One scripture comes to mind though, where paul said I come not unto you with word only , but in power and demonstration of the Spirit. What would Jesus have been with out this, just words?We are to manifest God and his kingdom,deliverance and victory. The manifestation of the Spirit is given to prophet with all. Paul said when we have disagreements among us to set those least esteemed in the church to judge, not most esteemed. Because those members lees seemly are more needful to the body.How bout your pancreas, never seen but you will dies in a flash if it stops its function. We so often, like the world, want the power, the shewy gifts, like prophesy, or teaching,to be seen of men, with our robes of expensive dress and cars. Our great knowledge of the word. If we over lay the NT over the OT, we fall into the ears without hearing ,eyes without seeing group. And then cling to tradition to make ourselves self righteous. My exsperience with the Holy Spirit was this, I gave my life to the lord when after two weeks of being high because I ate an ounce of mescaline. A person said people from a Jesus center were coming to speak and invited me. I didn't know why at the time but I ended up leaving with them. I gave my life to the lord. and stayed for awhile, they didn't have much discipline or experience, but God used it. I didn't feel the lord much or the holy Spirit. Then two years later I was reading ephesians, about sitting with Christ in heavenly places, walking with him and standing against Satan.When in an instant the words became alive and I was hearing Jesus speak to me ,as if sitting with me on the couch. It has never changed. It is not always that clear but behind my life I am Gods child and through thick and thin he watches me. I sincerely believe we can walk away from God. and our salvation is guaranteed by our faith in his grace. like the Hebrews were God's people but were destroyed by the destroyer for not resting in our lord. Labour to enter into his rest.

K

KennethC

Don't worry as there are a few on here who will say they don't sin, hardly sin and or promote sinless perfectionism and a working for salvation.....The bible is clear.....the spirit that has been born of God has God's seed remaining and does not sin, however it is bound in a body of sin until the complete redemption at the resurrection/change (rapture so called) and until that day the flesh and spirit will war against one another..,some times the spirit wins and sometimes the flesh wins...there is not a single just man upon the earth that does good and sins not......those who will say they are sinless are liars!
I do not believe in sinless perfectionism but also I do not believe we are in bondage to the law tell the day of redemption as your statement claims.

You say the spirit that has been born of God does not sin, but that is not what 1 John 3:9 and 5:18 is saying.
For those two places are saying the person themselves who are born again does not sin, as you can not sin when you are walking in the Spirit/Light.

It is only when you are drawn away by your own lusts/desires do you sin as Apostle James clearly says in James 1:14-16.

Dec 12, 2013
I do not believe in sinless perfectionism but also I do not believe we are in bondage to the law tell the day of redemption as your statement claims.

You say the spirit that has been born of God does not sin, but that is not what 1 John 3:9 and 5:18 is saying.
For those two places are saying the person themselves who are born again does not sin, as you can not sin when you are walking in the Spirit/Light.

It is only when you are drawn away by your own lusts/desires do you sin as Apostle James clearly says in James 1:14-16.
I thought you were done talking to me.........and your wrong...the spirit that has been born of God is sinless, the body is dead because of sin...the two are contrary one to another...Paul speaks to this at great lengths....the reason you reject it is because it blows holes in your theology......!

S

shotgunner

Luke 18:10-14King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.