"Reputation"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JoDel

Could someone explain the "reputation" bars and how that all works? Or possibly direct me to more information about this site and its "codes"?

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
A repuation mark is something that somone gives someone on a post that they really like. They don't really mean anything. I guess you could say they are "Likes" Just worth more I guess. For example, I have like 38 rep power.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
When a new member reaches 50 posts, they gain 1 power. For every pre-determined post count after that, they get a power. For every 100 posts, you get a power. To give a rep comment, click the little star icon at the bottom left of any post and you can either leave a comment or your name so the person knows who to thank.

The number of powers a person has, is how much they bring up the person's point level. For example if I repped you, you would gain 250 points, and 2, possibly 3 powers. :)

U

Ugly

There are multiple threads on this subject already up in the User2User Tech forum as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Could someone explain the "reputation" bars and how that all works? Or possibly direct me to more information about this site and its "codes"?
The amount of green bars is based on the rep power earned by rep points awarded. You can earn 1 rep power also for each 1000 posts you write but only the rep power earned by accumulated rep comments count towards getting a green box. There is a max of 11 boxes. You also get 1 rep power after you write your first 50 posts. You get an increase also for each 100 points of rep power awarded by the members. The amount of rep power that can be awarded by a member is based on the rep power of the one that is giving it. After 50 posts your rep power should be at least 1 and possibly higher if you have accumulated any rep points. Until that point (50 posts) it will show zero rep power. Rep can be a good indicator of how a member is perceived by other members based on the type of posts that seem to be consistent with their perception.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The post amounts are different for everyone. MINE are every 1000 posts, but that's not true of everyone..

The amount of green bars is based on the rep power earned by rep points awarded. You can earn 1 rep power also for each 1000 posts you write but only the rep power earned by accumulated rep comments count towards getting a green box. There is a max of 11 boxes. You also get 1 rep power after you write your first 50 posts. You get an increase also for each 100 points of rep power awarded by the members. The amount of rep power that can be awarded by a member is based on the rep power of the one that is giving it. After 50 posts your rep power should be at least 1 and possibly higher if you have accumulated any rep points. Until that point (50 posts) it will show zero rep power. Rep can be a good indicator of how a member is perceived by other members based on the type of posts that seem to be consistent with their perception.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The post amounts are different for everyone. MINE are every 1000 posts, but that's not true of everyone..
Mine is a 1000 posts too, seems like a lot of writing to earn a single rep power.

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for asking the question.. I am new here as well and was confused by it and did not know where to find information about it

N

NoNameMcgee

i never noticed lol

ive seen the rep point number and boxes

but never put much thought into it..

maybe rather than max out
it should start us at 1 at a new color every time we hit 11

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
i never noticed lol

ive seen the rep point number and boxes

but never put much thought into it..

maybe rather than max out
it should start us at 1 at a new color every time we hit 11
Oh... I didnt know that it did that

J

JoDel

Ok. Thank you both for the information :)

J

JoDel

Im confused by the "power" term also.:confused: Are those things beneficial in any way?

J

JoDel

Kind of the blind leading the blind...:D

J

JoDel

NOW... I get it. Thank you blue ladybug! :cool: