revalations 22 18-19, scared need help plz

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MaggieMye

Just confess it as sin, ask the Father for forgiveness, accept the forgiveness and don't do it again. Pretty easy!

Sadly...Hollywood does that all the time...but then they are not saved anyway.
Maggie

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Well i need help because revalations says: "For I testify unto every man that hearth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And, if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
in school i summarized stories in the bible, for a play we were having, and i basically i added and took away, i don't want to go to hell. i felt like i was being lazy though and making lines from the story fast and im scared he has taken my name out of the book of life.
Those scripture do not apply to anything that you have done. You have a heart after God and the truth. God looks on our heart and not on anything we do outwardly. Be comforted by those that know the grace of God, because they understand the heart of God.

May 21, 2009
Simple logic shows that the warning in revelations is not for the whole bible. The book of revelation was written before the bible was put together and even before many other books were written. If the warning in revelations applies to the whole bible, then it must have been added in when they put the bible together ( a violation of the very warning), or it was added in the book of Revelations, with prior-knowledge that there would be a complete bible to which it would apply - an unlikely scenario.

The bible is not a book, bible means books. A collection of books. The warning in revelations is most certainly only applied to the book of revelation. The words of the prophecy of "this book" i.e. Revelation. It is the book of Revelation which Jesus told John to write and distribute to the churches:

Rev 1:11 saying, I am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. Also, What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.
Jesus did not give such commands to the apostle Paul for example with his letters to the Ephesians etc. That's why there is no such warning at the end of Paul's letter to the Ephesians.

The warning in Revelations is a form of ancient copyright protection. So unless a person is deliberately changing the meaning and selling them as "books of Revelation" in order to spread false doctrine, it's not breach of copyright. A "fair use" principle would apply, and that includes paraphrasing.
Kinda like how God knew us before we were born. Like how he knew the end of the book before it was written. Like how he knows our future before we have lived it.

A

Arj7002

It's not a literal meaning of taking away or adding to. It's more of a guideline that you shouldn't falsify or detract from the meaning of what the Lord says.

Apr 23, 2009
i don't think its referring to just revalations i think it talks about the whole bible
John was not writing the Bible he was writing the book of Revelation. Too many people make too much out of too many things, this is not rocket science.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
John was not writing the Bible he was writing the book of Revelation. Too many people make too much out of too many things, this is not rocket science.
...and Paul was just writing letters to local churches and pastors that ended up being Bible. The danger that you and others are involved is the mis-guided application of God's word as it relates to the nature of God. You mis-guide others concerning the grace of God and lead others in the wrong way. You put conditions on grace and the promises of God and distort the image and nature of the life of God through the person of Christ. That is a very big deal and you should stop doing it.

S

sandycos84

when it comes to righting a play or skit based on a bible story it is important to stick with the bible as close as possible;at our church we write a lot of skits and mostly on bible stories;using the KJV for reference. But when writing a skit it isnt always possible because a 20min skit can turn into an hour, but as long as you don't take away from the truth and the meaning of the scriptures then I don't think your doing anything wrong; but id this is something you are concerned about the best thing to do is pray and fast to the Lord about it... But when it comes to those scriptures that you are referring to I think that God is referring to something different for example there are so many different Bible versions in the Bible but that shouldn't be so. It is those men who have changed(revised) the word who schould be scared. By adding one simple word such as "The" or taken away tiny words or whatever just because they think they are helping people better understand God. But thats not how it works; If you have a hard time understanding the KingJames Version then it is God who you should seek to give you explanation, because when God shows you his word you are left with no doubt.People will argue that those verses only refer to the book of revelations but God knew exactly where these verses would be placed in the bible;at the end; peole will also argue that the KJV was written by man and therefore has room for error. But we must remember that these men where moved by the spirit; they were written as the spirit of God moved on them they were not walking in the flesh but walking in the spirit; people may have good intentions but they have no right to change Gods word. Jesus plainly stated at the cross "It is finished" God doesnt need our help he only need our obedience.

Jan 31, 2009
You say you follow scripture, but since you don't believe a Christian can lose salvation, you cannot possibly believe in the warning of Revelation, which says a person's name (obviously a christian, otherwise their name would not be in the book in the first place) will be blotted out of the book of life, if they mess with Revelation.
Maybe you believe the same false teaching as Tim Lahaye:

http://libertytothecaptives.net/tim_lahaye_false_teaching_bookofthisprophecy.html

Wouldn't surprise me, as you also believe in pre-trib rapture dont you? Follow Tim Lahaye?

Since I believe anyone, non-christian or Christian, who tampers with Rev. will lose salvation (name out of the book of life), I guess that means I believe in what the scripture says, the warning in revelation, more than you do.
I don't know tim Lahaye sounds like a greta bible scholar though.

Since I believe anyone, non-christian or Christian, who tampers with Rev. will lose salvation (name out of the book of life), I guess that means I believe in what the scripture says, the warning in revelation, more than you do
so you believe that non-christians have salvation as well as christians, and you believe Bible more than I do? hey dude wake up man it ain't about you or me and How much we know, haven't you read about puffed-up knowledge in the scriptures before oh what's the use you twist that some way also.

hey since you claim to be a better Bible scholar than me could you help me with something, does the Bible ever say that the lamb's book of life and the book of life are the same or are they two separate books. and when does the bible say that our names are written into the lambs book of life. is it before time begin seeing that it is the will of God that none of these little ones perish and wouldn't a baby have to have their name written in the lamb's book of life to enter into heaven. so could it be that our names are already written before we are born,( Didn't God tell one of the prophets that He knew him before He formed him in the womb, and then when we call upon the name of the Lord , the Holy Spirit seals it until the day of redemption and if we never call upon the name of the Lord, then it is blotted out, or if we do things like the unforgiveable sin or blaspheme the Holy Ghost then our names are blotted out. no that couldn't be for then that would mess with your false doctrine about being able to save yourself and keep yourself saved. if you have any scriptures showing us when our names are written into the Lamb's book of life I would really like to see them. now I know what you are going to say about I can't prove from scriptures that our names are written in the lamb's book of life before we are born but can you prove me wrong from scriptures

M

mcap

You have nothing to worry about bro.Just learn everything you can about the Bible and love God with all your heart.

Dec 24, 2008
I'm sorry, he's 14. Not a seasoned preacher or studier of the intricacies of the translations of the word. Though, these type of discussions are good for him and anyone else....

He wants to know if he's going to hell.
What a breath of fresh air......let's take care of his heart.!! Thank you Eringobrea.

Sydude, I can assure you, you are okay with God.
It's wonderful that you want to please your heavenly Father so much.
God looks on the heart.
Everything is fine.

Peace
Markhelp

M

MaggieMye

It IS meant for the whole Bible. It is state both in the OT and NT:
Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
Rev.22:18-19
Reread post number #21 and let it go! Be Forgiven and FREE
Maggie

Jan 31, 2009
Well i need help because revalations says: "For I testify unto every man that hearth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And, if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
in school i summarized stories in the bible, for a play we were having, and i basically i added and took away, i don't want to go to hell. i felt like i was being lazy though and making lines from the story fast and im scared he has taken my name out of the book of life.
if you feel bad about what you did then that is conviction if you have conviction then you are still one of His Children, if you didn't feel bad about it then thats when we need to start to worry.

Jan 8, 2009
I have a King James 1611 and yes it does have the Apocrypha books in it. I also have a King James version of the Holy Bible and it does not have the Apocrypha books in it , But they did not Change the meaning of the Book of prophecy, when They took those books out .
So in other words, it's acceptable to remove things from the bible if they don't change the meaning of the prophecies?
What's to stop you taking out this verse, it won't change anything concerning the prophecies?
Num 1:5 And these are the names of the men that shall stand with you: of thetribeof Reuben; Elizur the son of Shedeur.

I don't know tim Lahaye sounds like a greta bible scholar though.
If you see the link, Tim is saying only a persons name is removed from the book of life if they tamper with revelation, and they don't lose salvation!

so you believe that non-christians have salvation as well as christians, and you believe Bible more than I do? hey dude wake up man it ain't about you or me and How much we know, haven't you read about puffed-up knowledge in the scriptures before oh what's the use you twist that some way also.
I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions in your beliefs. You accuse me of violating and twisting scripture but you don't even believe in the warning of Revelation! i.e. name taken out of the book of life.

hey since you claim to be a better Bible scholar than me could you help me with something, does the Bible ever say that the lamb's book of life and the book of life are the same or are they two separate books. and when does the bible say that our names are written into the lambs book of life. is it before time begin seeing that it is the will of God that none of these little ones perish and wouldn't a baby have to have their name written in the lamb's book of life to enter into heaven. so could it be that our names are already written before we are born,( Didn't God tell one of the prophets that He knew him before He formed him in the womb, and then when we call upon the name of the Lord , the Holy Spirit seals it until the day of redemption and if we never call upon the name of the Lord, then it is blotted out, or if we do things like the unforgiveable sin or blaspheme the Holy Ghost then our names are blotted out. no that couldn't be for then that would mess with your false doctrine about being able to save yourself and keep yourself saved. if you have any scriptures showing us when our names are written into the Lamb's book of life I would really like to see them. now I know what you are going to say about I can't prove from scriptures that our names are written in the lamb's book of life before we are born but can you prove me wrong from scriptures

You tell me how a person's name is in the book of life in the first place.. sure..babies may already be in the book of life...but then you'd have to argue that the warning applies to babies or children before the age of accountability tampering with Revelation lol. Illogical.

If an unbelievers name is already in the book of life, then later blotted out...you believe a person can be saved automatically without faith in Christ? It cannot be.

There is only one book of life, not two, as you suggest. This is your attempt at twisting scripture because you cannot reconcile the fact you believe you can't lose salvation, and the warning of Revelation doesn't. In fact the very penalty of tampering with Rev. is loss of salvation. Name taken out of book of life. This is about

God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
I have no problem reconciling the true meaning of this verse (loss of salvation) with my own beliefs. Since you believe in eternal security, you have a lot of problems truly believing in what the warning in Rev. says and means.

You must follow Tim Layahe's teachings. They match up in almost every respect. Tim Layahe also believes what you said, that the warning in Rev. isn't really so serious afterall (i.e. you dont' really lose by having your name out of the book of life, you still get saved)

http://libertytothecaptives.net/tim_lahaye_prophecy_study_bible.html

Jan 31, 2009
So in other words, it's acceptable to remove things from the bible if they don't change the meaning of the prophecies?
What's to stop you taking out this verse, it won't change anything concerning the prophecies?
Num 1:5 And these are the names of the men that shall stand with you: of thetribeof Reuben; Elizur the son of Shedeur.

If you see the link, Tim is saying only a persons name is removed from the book of life if they tamper with revelation, and they don't lose salvation!

I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions in your beliefs. You accuse me of violating and twisting scripture but you don't even believe in the warning of Revelation! i.e. name taken out of the book of life.

You tell me how a person's name is in the book of life in the first place.. sure..babies may already be in the book of life...but then you'd have to argue that the warning applies to babies or children before the age of accountability tampering with Revelation lol. Illogical.

If an unbelievers name is already in the book of life, then later blotted out...you believe a person can be saved automatically without faith in Christ? It cannot be.

There is only one book of life, not two, as you suggest. This is your attempt at twisting scripture because you cannot reconcile the fact you believe you can't lose salvation, and the warning of Revelation doesn't. In fact the very penalty of tampering with Rev. is loss of salvation. Name taken out of book of life. This is about

God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
I have no problem reconciling the true meaning of this verse (loss of salvation) with my own beliefs. Since you believe in eternal security, you have a lot of problems truly believing in what the warning in Rev. says and means.

You must follow Tim Layahe's teachings. They match up in almost every respect. Tim Layahe also believes what you said, that the warning in Rev. isn't really so serious afterall (i.e. you dont' really lose by having your name out of the book of life, you still get saved)

http://libertytothecaptives.net/tim_lahaye_prophecy_study_bible.html

again like many times in here I ask for scriptures and all I get is your opinion.
Can you show in my post where I said
that the warning in Rev. isn't really so serious afterall
I said it was for the entire Bible, nothing about how serious it is. you have added and you bear false witness against me, which I really would wish that you wouldn't put words in my mouth, show me one place where I said

but you don't even believe in the warning of Revelation! i.e. name taken out of the book of life.
dude I will pray for you. but I do exspect an apology for you saying That I said something when i never said it. I have somewhat against you now for this false witness.

Jan 8, 2009
So you do believe literally that a persons name will be removed from the book of life? But you don't believe it will result in the loss of their salvation. But what else could this mean:

You came up with a strange theory about there being two books of life or peoples names already being in the book of life until age of accountability or until they "don't" call upon the name of the Lord? :

and if we never call upon the name of the Lord, then it is blotted out, or if we do things like the unforgiveable sin or blaspheme the Holy Ghost then our names are blotted out.

Only those who are children of God have names written in the book of life, those apointed to eternal life, not everyone.

Jan 8, 2009
Here is the kicker. Because of your logic, you have no authority using any (or all) of the NT scriptures to support your doctrine and instructions about God's righteousness concerning the believer losing their salvation. The application of your logic concerning the book of Revelations, must be applied consistently with all the scriptures or you have no authority in any of the scriptures on any subject. When Jeus said in (John 10:35) that the scripture can not be broken, what scriture was he referring to? Was is all of God's inspired word or just some of it? Think about it!

Well, when Jesus spoke in John 10:35, he couldn't have been referring to the New Testament, obviously, as it didn't exist yet. Think about that, and get an education on how the bible was put together while you're at it.

Jan 8, 2009
dude I will pray for you. but I do exspect an apology for you saying That I said something when i never said it. I have somewhat against you now for this false witness.
Numerous times you have said things that have offended and I forgave them without asking an apology from you. You're a pastor, so I expect you to be able to overlook such things, as I have.

but I do exspect an apology for you saying That I said something when i never said it.
And you have done the same, claiming I said things which I never said (where did I claim I was a better bible scholar?). My point was that at least my beliefs don't contradict with the warning of revelations. Even though you can't prove it from scripture ,you have to hope that your theories re: the book of life are correct ..
because you believe in eternal security. You can't handle the thought that God could blot someones name out of the book of life if he wanted to...with eternal consequences.

hey since you claim to be a better Bible scholar

then that would mess with your false doctrine about being able to save yourself and keep yourself saved.
In the words of the KJV: (Acts 2:40)
...Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
It's a two-way relationship with God. If that's a false doctrine, I'm a Calvinist!

S

sandycos84

It is not okay to take any scripture or word out of the bible no matter how insignificant we may think they are . God has placed each one in the bible and who are we to say that one scripture is less important than another..... 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." "...holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" 2 Peter 1:21.............. so we can see plainly that the bible had its origin, not in the inventions of man, but in the eternal, unchanging mind of God. However God chose to speak His words by the mouths and pens of human beings,select men who would speak and write according to his matchless will.........sometimes we take one scripture and we run with it but we must take the whole bible "rightly dividing the word of truth" 2 timothy 2:15................... "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" Psalms 119:89 to settle for anything less than the full gospel would be settling for a watered down version

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Well, when Jesus spoke in John 10:35, he couldn't have been referring to the New Testament, obviously, as it didn't exist yet. Think about that, and get an education on how the bible was put together while you're at it.
Don't be angry with me. To what scriptures are we to apply (2Tim 3:16)? Can we apply it to Genesis, to Job as well as the book of Revelation? Do the scriptures make up one book and testify of one God to give us one faith in one Lord and revealed to us by one Holy Spirit or do they make up many books so that we can define God as we desire and to have the kind of faith that we want? In (John 10:35) Jesus was revealing the NT and breathing Spirit and life into it with His words of life (John 6:63). Then He sealed it with His own blood (1Cor 11:24, Ex 24:8, Heb 10:29, 12:24, 13:20). He chose those that would witness His life and follow Him and write of those things that they had seen and heard (1John 1:1-4). They witnessed and testified of the fulfillment of what was prophesied of Christ by the prophets of old concerning Him. Everything in the NT confirms, bears witness, fulfills and reveals the integrity of the OT concerning the things of Christ. The NT would have no backbone or foundation without the OT. (John 1:1-3, Col 1:16, Rev 4:11, 10:6) confirm (Genesis 1) and ties the OT to the NT. We have Joshua and Joseph as types and shadows of Christ and what was to be fulfilled later by the person of Christ. It is through Christ that Jews and Gentiles are brought together and made to be one. The church is built upon the foundation of the the apostles of the NT and the prophets of the OT. There is so much more that could be mentioned.

Why take such a separatist outlook on the book of Revelation when it is part of the whole that makes up one book and one measuring rod for all people and all ages. The Jews today have access to the entire canon of scripture and can look back, but many refuse to acknowledge the prophesy and fulfillment of the Messiah because they have a veil over their heart and only Christ can take that veil away. You have a belief system that excludes the liberty that we have in Christ through grace and what was appropriated for us by Christ through His death, burial and resurrection. Revelation or OSAS is not your problem, but understanding grace and the heart of God is what you struggle with because you are not free in Christ. You are free to believe what you want and in that you have made yourself free. Jesus Christ came by grace and truth. You want to know the truth by putting conditions on grace, so the truth becomes distorted and is never able to set you free. But when you learn the truth through grace, the truth will set you free and you shall be free indeed because the Son will set you free (John 8:36). We are set free to know Him through grace and truth and the cross. The cross has crucified our old man so that we can receive grace and be set free by the truth of His finished work on Calvary.

Last edited:

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
It is not okay to take any scripture or word out of the bible no matter how insignificant we may think they are . God has placed each one in the bible and who are we to say that one scripture is less important than another..... 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." "...holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" 2 Peter 1:21.............. so we can see plainly that the bible had its origin, not in the inventions of man, but in the eternal, unchanging mind of God. However God chose to speak His words by the mouths and pens of human beings,select men who would speak and write according to his matchless will.........sometimes we take one scripture and we run with it but we must take the whole bible "rightly dividing the word of truth" 2 timothy 2:15................... "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" Psalms 119:89 to settle for anything less than the full gospel would be settling for a watered down version
EXCELLENT !

Status
Not open for further replies.