Ruth's Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 31, 2013
Illinois
Creeping to the threshing floor
My heart pounding all the more
Sleeping men and swirling chaff
I hold my breath and spot his staff
A cry deep within me cracks
Lead me

Fragile footprints in the wheat
He stirs a little in his sleep
One step closer still I creep
Toward his robe of wool and fleece
My spirit aches to feel that peace
Cover me

Reaching out to touch his feet
I collapse onto my knees
and lift the robe to hide beneath
I pray his mercy covers me
From the cruel eyes that might see
Protect me

I feel his hand touch my hair
and calm my mind full of despair
I know his yes is yes and there
is an answer to my prayer
To him all my soul I bare
Love me

I will follow where he goes
and serve the God he truly knows
Where rivers of his kindness flow
Among his people and the rows
of seeds he plants that bloom and grow
Redeemed

blondensmart

Room Moderator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2014
This poem just blesses my socks off! Thank you for sharing. An absolutely beautiful rendition of the story. God bless you, Sister!

♥♥♥

M

missy2014

my real name is ruth like blonde you have no idea how this a blesssing to ppl thank you God likes me to read the book of ruth to tell me who i am