Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
Also I would say that Elohim did not require a sacrifice for the sin of Israel. Israel required it to show them how sinful they where. The end result of the Law is our Lord staked to the cross. The word took all judgment that was meant for each of us on himself. We should be looking with our spiritual eyes on that cross to see this and remember that covenant made through him to all who would believe him. Also we are brought close to the promise of a certain Hope of we remain in the truth. Sabbath is not commanded to be a burden to you. It is command and instruction in righteousness for our sanctification in and through the word. Sabbath observance is taken from and not done out of love for Elohim and you don't find rest...
On another similar subject we find that the son of Man was to be in the heart of the earth 3 days and 3 nights. It was a holy day so He had to be removed from the cross before sundown. It would only make sense that it was Wed that He died and darkness was on the face of the Earth. He was in the Tomb wed night, Thursday, Friday and because Saturday night is the fourth He is raised on this night because the testimony of Messiah Yahshua being already risen by the scriptures.
I say this to show Sabbath day still is made for Man not the other way around
Shabbat Shalom in Messiah Yahshua

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
I did not argue anything, but simply gave a Scripture, which you seem to not understand at all. The first response you gave to it started by saying: God required animal sacrifices to provide a temporary covering of sins. "Covering" is not "taking away." You are like so many others that read into what is not there. I would suggest you stop doing that. It not only messes up your theology, but your psychology.

The sacrifice did take away their sin, what it could not do as a foreshadow was change the heart of the believer. Read the book again...

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Does Jesus fulfill your not stealing? Your coveting? Your not loving your enemy and praying for his salvation ?

These laws are on our hears established by faith......

If you think this is believing most of th laws are not fulfilled by Jesus christ and these remining types are abolished, you do not know Jesus, you are just a religious person.
Twisting what I said and what Jesus said. Jesus stated the law is in effect until heaven and earth disappear and until all-has been accomplished!!! Neither of these has happened so the law still is in effect.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Twisting? Not truly. Posing a question.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
The sacrifice did take away their sin, what it could not do as a foreshadow was change the heart of the believer. Read the book again...
Magenta has her own theology and nothing the Bible states changes her mind. She just claims that we are twisting what the Bible and Jesus says.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JohnTalmid,
re: "He was in the Tomb wed night..."

But Wednesday night had ended some 9 hours before the time of the Messiah's death.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
JohnTalmid,

But Wednesday night had ended some 9 hours before the time of the Messiah's death.
You fail to understand that Passover week usually has 3 Sabbaths. Two are annual Sabbaths of Passover week, the first and last day of the week, plus the weekly Sabbath. So which of the two remaining Sabbaths of Passover week is being discussed?

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
JohnTalmid,

I say wednesday because he died before sunset and preparation day for Passover is Thursday so taking down Messiah before sunset wed would have been what happened. He was in the tomb wed night or how else would he have had time to spend three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. All I was trying to convey is the blessings of the Sabbath day are in effect today.

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
You fail to understand that Passover week usually has 3 Sabbaths. Two are annual Sabbaths of Passover week, the first and last day of the week, plus the weekly Sabbath. So which of the two remaining Sabbaths of Passover week is being discussed?
Scripture doesn't say he had to be removed for a Sabbath it says preparation day, or high day, so it wasn't a Sabbath rather a preparation day for Passover which is a Sabbath day.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Scripture doesn't say he had to be removed for a Sabbath it says preparation day, or high day, so it wasn't a Sabbath rather a preparation day for Passover which is a Sabbath day.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John 19:31, “Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day)…” NKJV[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"for that Sabbath was a high day"

this even shows it was not a regular 7th day Sabbath but a Feast Day.
[/FONT]

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Magenta has her own theology and nothing the Bible states changes her mind. She just claims that we are twisting what the Bible and Jesus says.

Magenta's theology is shared by many of us. The disagreement you are having with her has been on the forum longer than you have. If there were not doctrinal differences among us the forum would be a much warmer and gentler place.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It was a shock to me to learn about annual Sabbaths. That fact makes it hard to know that day of the week precedes an annual Sabbath. Usually in scripture it is not noted whether a Sabbath is the weekly one or an annual one. When the scripture states it is a high day that means an annual Sabbath. The supper Jesus and his disciples met for as the last supper was the first Sabbath of Passover week. I have heard it referred to as the high day of the feast of unleavened bread. Not sure how accurate that is.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I say wednesday because he died before sunset and preparation day for Passover is Thursday so taking down Messiah before sunset wed would have been what happened. He was in the tomb wed night or how else would he have had time to spend three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. All I was trying to convey is the blessings of the Sabbath day are in effect today.
The problem is high days, annual Sabbaths, are not tied to a particular day of the week but to specific dates on the calendar. Therefore from year to year the day of the week changes. Easter is tied to Passover and that makes the way the date is selected on our calendar a head scratcher. They avoid saying to use the Jewish calendar but have a convoluted formula to have it track Passover week on the Jewish calendar.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JohnTalmid,
re: " He was in the tomb wed night..."

But if He died around 3pm Wednesday afternoon, then Wednesday night had been over by at least 9 hours.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
It was a shock to me to learn about annual Sabbaths. That fact makes it hard to know that day of the week precedes an annual Sabbath. Usually in scripture it is not noted whether a Sabbath is the weekly one or an annual one. When the scripture states it is a high day that means an annual Sabbath. The supper Jesus and his disciples met for as the last supper was the first Sabbath of Passover week. I have heard it referred to as the high day of the feast of unleavened bread. Not sure how accurate that is.
It can get a little tricky, because exta Scriptual traditions can creep in, what I mean is in some traditions of Judaisim the preperatin day is only a prep day and the Passove is eaten the next day, however in Scripture it is to be eaten that night before sundown and anything left over is to be burned.:

Exodus 12:5-11, “Let the lamb be a perfect one, a year old male. Take it from the sheep or from the goats. And you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same new moon. Then all the assembly of the congregation of Yisra’yl shall slay it between the evenings. And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. And they shall eat the flesh on that night, roasted in fire – with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. Do not eat it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted in fire, its head with its legs and its inward parts. And do not leave of it until morning, and what remains of it until morning you are to burn with fire. And this is how you eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover of יהוה.”

Leviticus 23:5, “On the Fourteenth of the First Moon, between the two evenings, YHWH's Passover Sacrifice is to be killed.”

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
JohnTalmid, re: " He was in the tomb wed night..."

But if He died around 3pm Wednesday afternoon, then Wednesday night had been over by at least 9 hours.
Don't confuse your timelines. Some are given in the Jewish way of marking time, and other texts give the Gentile way, with day starting in the morning and not at night. That is why one text will say:

From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.

And another will say:

Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus Christ has replaced and and all sacrifice for the sins of man. The Temple has been replaced by living stones, us, and the Chief and the Cornerstone of the Temple wa taken to heaven.

There is no temple fo any kind of rituals listed in the law........Jesus Christ has fulfilled them all, allso laws of any punitive actions, diet laws, and much more.

I, because of Jesus Christ, am not interested in hearing rabbinical teachings based on so-called scholarly endeavor nor on the traditions imposed by them. That is Judaism in various denominations and not the faith of Abraham taught by Jesus Christ.

Yes, twisting the Word is occurring, but not here.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Don't confuse your timelines. Some are given in the Jewish way of marking time, and other texts give the Gentile way, with day starting in the morning and not at night. That is why one text will say:

From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.

And another will say:

Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour.
I would add that Jewish and Gentile time reckoning is not important, YHWH, the Creator of the sun, moon, stars, heavens, earth, humankind and all that is has made the only true time reckoning. If it is His prophecy and His Messiah, I think it obvious that things would be by His time reckoning.