Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Foghorn

May 6, 2024
christcentered.community.forum
Repent would be going from a state of unbelief to belief in Jesus Christ. Belief that He is God, that He died and rose again, that by belief in Him you have eternal life.

This being allowed and led by Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
Well, I have to say I totally disagree with that but thank you for explaining.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Repent would be going from a state of unbelief to belief in Jesus Christ. Belief that He is God, that He died and rose again, that by belief in Him you have eternal life.

This being allowed and led by Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
Paul wrote a letter scolding the Corinthians church for approving of someone in the church committing open sin he wrote extremely harshly then he wrote a second letter to them regarding the matter these people were already part of the church

“Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭7:9-11‬ ‭

because they repented when he warned them and changes thier behavior, his letter made them afraid and sorrowful as he pointed out thier sin, they changed the behavior and now he’s writing telling them everything is forgiven because they were truly sorry for what they did and repented unto salvation

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Gotta be careful not to make repentance into a work here..or belief into a work.

Repentance is a change of mind, heart toward Jesus Christ so we can believe in Him. It isn't lessening sin in our lives before salvation is given.

And this is led by Him. He allows us to believe.

Most of the book of John shows this. And Romans 10.

Gotta be careful not making repentance or belief into self effort to be saved.
Some seem to think that even having so much as a thought about salvation is a work .:unsure::censored:

from Deuteronomy 4:29-31 and Isaiah 55:7

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Some seem to think that even having so much as a thought about salvation is a work .:unsure::censored:

from Deuteronomy 4:29-31 and Isaiah 55:7
To some faith has become the reason no one needs to do anything God said will save our souls sister

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Jeremiah 29:13-14a
:)
N deed that is our purpose on this temporary time and place where salvation is afoot

“and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:26-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

accepting the gospel doesn’t seem to be a work we do but Gods work to save us

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Jeremiah 29:13-14a
N deed that is our purpose on this temporary time and place where salvation is afoot

“and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:26-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Spring flowers new life

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Paul wrote a letter scolding the Corinthians church for approving of someone in the church committing open sin he wrote extremely harshly then he wrote a second letter to them regarding the matter these people were already part of the church

“Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭7:9-11‬ ‭

because they repented when he warned them and changes thier behavior, his letter made them afraid and sorrowful as he pointed out thier sin, they changed the behavior and now he’s writing telling them everything is forgiven because they were truly sorry for what they did and repented unto salvation
Already being members, would mean they have eternal life.

So Paul's admonishing aren't about their eternal state but earthly walk with Jesus.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
“and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:” ‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:26-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Acts 17:26-27

From Acts 17:27-28

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Already being members, would mean they have eternal life.

So Paul's admonishing aren't about their eternal state but earthly walk with Jesus.
yeah what he said in the first letter pretty much explains it though . He was admonishing the whole church just because they were allowing it and he had said of the man commiting the sin that they needed to throw him out and stop associating with him and hand him over to Satan in hopes the Will of his flesh for fornication would be destroyed and his spirit could still be saved on the day of judgement

so it sort of seems like we need to repent when we find we’ve done something sinful or wrong . Actually feel sorry about our action because we onow God is still watching our actions he’s with us after all of we receive his spirit so we should think this way

“But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:17-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

instead of reasons why we shouldn’t think this way we should begin to accept it and let it be what we do think . We seem to say “ he’s going to do tbat for me i don’t need to , but his word is saying this is your part in the covenant

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?

God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death,

or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:14-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We can yield our selves to serve sin and reap death or yield our selves to obedience to God

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Acts 17:26-27

From Acts 17:27-28
Wow I miss these when they aren’t here lol love the purple color scheme I’ve saved about twenty or so now lol sorry for stealing my pad needs a new screen save deal

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,

and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

May 8, 2024
"if it is of fiath, it is therefore no more of works? faith and works are opposites, agreed ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Wow I miss these when they aren’t here lol love the purple color scheme I’ve saved about twenty or so now lol sorry for stealing my pad needs a new screen save deal

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,

and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Amen, and no, you are not stealing, in fact anyone is free to save any of these if they wish... .:D

I had to fix the citation for the darker one, it originally said from Acts 17:26-28 but it was 27-28.

I have taken a hiatus from designing... .:unsure:. ... and am about a year behind in getting them onto my thread .:oops:

Hebrews 11:6

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
"if it is of fiath, it is therefore no more of works? faith and works are opposites, agreed ?
Not at all they aren’t opposite it’s just saying that we’re saved by faith not works.

If we hear Gods word and believe that will create the works for us to walk in ( act in )

“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? ( that’s when God called from heaven the second time and swore by himself when Abraham offered his only son in obedience )

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?( they aren’t opposite two peas in a pod )

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. ( forst abraham believed God followed where he told him to go then he called him righteous later Abraham showed his faith when he offered Isaac and received the promise beforehand )

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:20-24, 26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

just like when a persons spirit leaves tbier body the body dies and decays so does faith without action it’s okay at first because we have to hear his word to have faith and know what to do eventually we have to start applying it to life acting as if we believe him

no I don’t agree that faith and works are opposite I see them as companions faith being the source and the action being the result

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen, and no, you are not stealing, in fact anyone is free to save any of these if they wish... .:D

I had to fix the citation for the darker one, it originally said from Acts 17:26-28 but it was 27-28.

I have taken a hiatus from designing... .:unsure:. ... and am about a year behind in getting them onto my thread .:oops:

Hebrews 11:6
“no, you are not stealing, in fact anyone is free to save any of these if they wish..”

realllllllly now alrighty then !!!

i like blowing them up and using as screen thing it’s nice to have a scripture there and it’s always very astheticslly pleasing also with the colors . My house is drab lol white mostly love the colors always and appreciate the sharing of your talent and joy in the lord !!!

Your a blessing sister I’ve thought so since we met

May 8, 2024
I have an alternative, third way to look at this topic of salvation, but I work USA Central Daytime. It would take a little explaining, but it solves the Faith vs Works, Armenian vs Calvinism, etc. dilemmas most conversations get into. The bible verses are there in the NT to show such. It's so simple, and peaceable, you would be amazed to think that it solves a deep issue of contention so elegantly. The Truth is in the holy scriptures. You will find it hard to believe, but you won't be able to deny the verses. Jhn 1:12-13, specifically what does the phrase "to them gave He power to become the sons of God" mean ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My story? I was saved by God and not by me.
“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
“no, you are not stealing, in fact anyone is free to save any of these if they wish..”

realllllllly now alrighty then !!!

i like blowing them up and using as screen thing it’s nice to have a scripture there and it’s always very aesthetically pleasing also with the colors . My house is drab lol white mostly love the colors always and appreciate the sharing of your talent and joy in the lord !!!

Your a blessing sister I’ve thought so since we met
Thank you so for your very kind words... I appreciate it as always, so rare actually,
especially in the BDF. But then, you don't have a mean bone in your body, do you?
.:D

PS~ thank you for the smiles you bring...

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you so for your very kind words... I appreciate it as always, so rare actually,
especially in the BDF. But then, you don't have a mean bone in your body, do you?
.:D
Ehhh I’d say I have a few grumpy ones from time to time and a lot of arthritic ones here and there but mean I hope I don’t I definately try to stay away from
Mean , but so much is perception of the ones we interact with in our lives

i definately try never to be mean and would feel Terribly guilty if I were mean to you sister beloved of the lord he wouldn’t appreciate it