Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Woooohooooo are those new?

They are so cool and wonderfully done (y)
Thank you! No, not new, I have only done one new one this year...

I am trying to remember if I started a second one but I am on my back-up laptop and it does not have photoshop
on it. Still, I doubt any others are new because I have been on a bit of a Sabbatical since about mid-November...

There was also this Acts 17 one:

Acts 17:26-27
It's from over a year ago also... :)

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
If you could explain it i would believe you but you cant explain something you don't know.

Ok wow...I said "You can't be born again until your sin has been dealt with, and you can't pay for it yourself"

You said " I agree"

I said "It's good you agree but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with it through your life, but you admit it you can't be born again until it is dealt with. "
I can't be a licensed driver until I turn 16, have passed by drivers theory test, had driving lessons and passed my practical driving test. If my father tells me "You can't be a licensed driver until you are 16," is he right? Does "You can't be a licensed driver until you are 16," mean that aa soon as I am 16 I will be a licensed driver?

I said ,"You cannot be saved from the power of sin just by Jesus dying for your sins". (Otherwise everyone would be saved from the power of sin before believing in Jesus). You also need to receive Jesus' life by faith. I gave scripture saying that from Romans 5.

So It's good you agree...that sin has to be dealt with before you are born again.... but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with sin throughout your life, but you admit you can't be born again until sin is dealt with.
The death of Jesus deals with our accountability/guilt for our sins so that we can know that God is willing to receive us as we are. But if we want to sin less and become more like Jesus, we need His life in us, so that we can put to death the flesh by the Spirit.,

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Thank you! No, not new, I have only done one new one this year...

I am trying to remember if I started a second one but I am on my back-up laptop and it does not have photoshop
on it. Still, I doubt any others are new because I have been on a bit of a Sabbatical since about mid-November...

There was also this Acts 17 one:

Acts 17:26-27
It's from over a year ago also... :)
Those are so awesome. I just love those verses.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Nop, the scriptures didn't say "will/must believe", the clear one is "believed" (past)
So then you agree they were ordained to eternal life before they believed?[/QUOTE]
Those who believed the gospel were ordained to eternal life

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
I can't be a licensed driver until I turn 16, have passed by drivers theory test, had driving lessons and passed my practical driving test. If my father tells me "You can't be a licensed driver until you are 16," is he right? Does "You can't be a licensed driver until you are 16," mean that aa soon as I am 16 I will be a licensed driver?
Ok well Jesus said you must be born again so as that as the criteria, your sin has to be dealt with first as God wont join himself with sin

I said ,"You cannot be saved from the power of sin just by Jesus dying for your sins". (Otherwise everyone would be saved from the power of sin before believing in Jesus). You also need to receive Jesus' life by faith. I gave scripture saying that from Romans 5.
If sin is gone then you cannot be under sin and it cannot have power over you.The first step of Paul's Gospel by which we are saved, and test of your faith is "that Jesus died for our sins" you are discussing trying to deal with your sins when Jesus has died for them... you need to start at the first line of the gospel in 1 Corinthinans 15

The death of Jesus deals with our accountability/guilt for our sins so that we can know that God is willing to receive us as we are. But if we want to sin less and become more like Jesus, we need His life in us, so that we can put to death the flesh by the Spirit.,
You cant sin less, you are either a sinner or you are not, if you have guilt for your sin then your either sinning or your faith is not in that Jesus has payed for your sin, So you admitting you are a sinner and you are trying to deal with what Jesus took and died for is a problem the offer isn't to try and work it off with a bit of help, it is Jesus took it all and gives you his righteousness or he didn't and you are a still a sinner that needs forgiveness, the difference is sinner or saint and it all happens when you become a new creation in Christ

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Ok well Jesus said you must be born again so as that as the criteria, your sin has to be dealt with first as God wont join himself with sin

If sin is gone then you cannot be under sin and it cannot have power over you.The first step of Paul's Gospel by which we are saved, and test of your faith is "that Jesus died for our sins" you are discussing trying to deal with your sins when Jesus has died for them... you need to start at the first line of the gospel in 1 Corinthinans 15

You cant sin less, you are either a sinner or you are not, if you have guilt for your sin then your either sinning or your faith is not in that Jesus has payed for your sin, So you admitting you are a sinner and you are trying to deal with what Jesus took and died for is a problem the offer isn't to try and work it off with a bit of help, it is Jesus took it all and gives you his righteousness or he didn't and you are a still a sinner that needs forgiveness, the difference is sinner or saint and it all happens when you become a new creation in Christ
There is a difference between having a record of sins that is wiped clean, by the death of Christ, and learning to reduce our yielding to sin by learning to live more constantly in conscious fellowship (abiding in) with Jesus Christ.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
There is a difference between having a record of sins that is wiped clean, by the death of Christ, and learning to reduce our yielding to sin by learning to live more constantly in conscious fellowship (abiding in) with Jesus Christ.
Not for righteousness, you should do it out of Love because of who you are in Christ

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
So then you agree they were ordained to eternal life before they believed?
Those who believed the gospel were ordained to eternal life[/QUOTE]

You reversed the words of the verse, and thereby, also reversed the intent of the verse. The verse is clear, concise, obvious,
and stands on its own with no modification from you permitted, no matter how many times you insist otherwise.
If you are unable or unwilling to comprehend/accept that, we ain't gonna be able to communicate,
and I'm not willing to invest any more of my time and effort in trying to convince you otherwise.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
You reversed the words of the verse, and thereby, also reversed the intent of the verse. The verse is clear, concise, obvious,
and stands on its own with no modification from you permitted, no matter how many times you insist otherwise.
If you are unable or unwilling to comprehend/accept that, we ain't gonna be able to communicate,
and I'm not willing to invest any more of my time and effort in trying to convince you otherwise.[/QUOTE]
No. Here's the biblical order, Acts 16:31 " And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Believe to be saved.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
and I'm not willing to invest any more of my time and effort in trying to convince you otherwise.[/QUOTE]

In John 20:6-8 "Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb. He saw the linen cloth, which had been on Jesus' head , not lying with the linen cloths but folded up in a place by itself. Then the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed."

What did John believe?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
That response in no clearer.

APB. Can anyone understand Cameron's theory here, and explain it in simple terms?
I believe that Cameron143 accepts the translation of the referenced verse as "increase your pain and (increase) your conception" although some translations render this verse, "increase your pain in conception". Perhaps that will help the understanding of what he implies (maybe, that God added more souls to the population count to include the elect?).

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
I believe that Cameron143 accepts the translation of the referenced verse as "increase your pain and (increase) your conception" although some translations render this verse, "increase your pain in conception". Perhaps that will help the understanding of what he implies (maybe, that God added more souls to the population count to include the elect?).
Presumably, if the elect were unconditionally elect, God could choose as many as He wants up to 100% of the total population produced from Eve. I can't see why that would entail God needing to increase the population growth at a faster rate. But thanks for trying to help me understand his gist.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
and...I probably did not do as well interpreting Cameron143's thoughts as he was able to translate my ideas for another.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Of course, all have sinned.... so there goes our righteousness. but Jesus came to save sinners, so all qualify

But it is the righteousness of Jesus, that is why it is a gift, its not our righteousness

What about yourself, do you look to who you are in Christ or would you rather try and revive a dead man and talk about him
I listen to what he said in the gospel

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It is because Jesus took away our sins that God can become one with us, The spirit that Christians receive is the Spirit of Christ, if not that Spirit you are not a child of God

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
“It is because Jesus took away our sins that God can become one with us, The spirit that Christians receive is the Spirit of Christ, if not that Spirit you are not a child of God”

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
‭‭John‬ ‭7:16-17‬ ‭

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:51‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Then after the gospel was spread along came Paul an apostle

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; ( hearing and believing his fospel does this ) and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Ultimately God is going to determine things here

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I know people who “ have the spirit of Christ” but they also reject the things he said will save thier souls I wonder if his spirit would disagree with his words promising salvstion ? Or his the spirit spoke those words of his ?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
and...I probably did not do as well interpreting Cameron143's thoughts as he was able to translate my ideas for another.
You did well. All are IN Adam by creation. All who believe are IN Christ in the new creation.
God has chosen every natural person to be born. Only God can open the womb. He decides. No one seems to have a problem with this, or even consider it. God also says He chose some in Christ before the foundation of the world.
This was my point. And after sin, I believe the increased births is the introduction of those chosen in Christ.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
I listen to what he said in the gospel
That's nice to say, But I haven't seen it, You started the conversation implying you are a sinner, So my advice would be to point you to the cross as the solution for your sin.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
That response in no clearer.

APB. Can anyone understand Cameron's theory here, and explain it in simple terms?
If we go strictly by the Bible alone, all humans born (aborted) (stillborn become life at some point) and will ever live come from the lineage of Adam.
But all humans who end up serving God come from and through Jesus.

Paul even shows us this in Ephesians chapter 1 where he is talking about BELIEVERS.
It begins with in verse 3.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places

We see the Father has blessed us in Christ

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.

We see the Father has chosen the Believers to be IN CHRIST (Which this decision was made before the foundation of the world)

5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

We see the Father has predestined Believers for adoption as sons THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

So we read BEFORE the Foundation of the WORLD, the FATHER, by way of, in, and through JESUS CHRIST, blessed + chose to be in Jesus + predestined to be sons through Jesus the future BELIEVERS of God.

The Father set it up that Jesus would do these things for Believers before the foundation of the world.

So as every human ever born (aborted) (stillborn become life at some point) will be a blood lineage of Adam, every Believer in God will be a Spiritual heir through Jesus.
And this was all established by the Father before the foundation of the world.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
I know people who “ have the spirit of Christ” but they also reject the things he said will save thier souls I wonder if his spirit would disagree with his words promising salvstion ? Or his the spirit spoke those words of his ?
You can presume, you can only know yourself if you have Jesus in you, you cant presume others are especially if they are doing things that disagree with Jesus words promising salvation....that's silly

Worry about yourself, Paul wrote so that you may know you have eternal life, and that proof is that you have received Jesus, If you are not sure if you have Jesus in you I'd say that is a big worry, it really is something you can know as how would you not if he was in you.

Anyone who is a sinner that does not have Christ Needs to be saved and receive Christ or they will die and go to hell

My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galations 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

There is no condemnation for those in Christ

Jesus said you must be born again, he meant it, you become a new creation in Christ and in Christ there is no sin, if you have your sin Jesus doesn't have it, and God won't join himself with sinners. so you need to figure that out

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

That's nice to say, But I haven't seen it, You started the conversation implying you are a sinner, So my advice would be to point you to the cross as the solution for your sin.
I implied I’m a sinner ? Or do you perceive others are sinners ?

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

try telling a righteous person what Jesus said they’ll reject it and call you sinner