Satans Lies?!?! Suicide?!?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesusfreak0016

Sometimes when I fall from God, it gets harder to tell between God's truth and Satans lies. I feels like Satans lies are the easier way. Not a day goes by that I dont think about suicide. I'm tired of feeling this way. People tell me I will go to hell if I kill myself. That was the only thing keeping me from doing it. But I've gotten to the point where I just feel Hell bound, where I simply don't care if I go to hell. I just want this pain to go away.

K

kayem77

I'm so sorry that you are feeling that way and I know how horrible it can be from experience. Of course satan's lies are believablee, he is the father of all lies and the accuser of our brethren, when he see we believe one lie, he lies even better the next time. However a good lie is still a lie. I don't know what your situation is but the best advice I could give you is to give your problems completely to God. Bring them to God, He will know how to deal with them , and also He will know how to equip you to deal with them while He works.:) He can give you strenght and peace when you need it, believe me.
You are our Father's unique creation, we need you sis. You are part of the body of Christ, do you think you are not valuable? Of course you are! Surrender to him and He will provide, because He said he gives his children the full armor of God so we can stand agains't the devil's schemes.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6:13

I hope this psalm helps you, it helps me:)

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

God bless you , I'll pray for you.

Jan 23, 2011
Having just lost one of my close friends from suicide, I feel the need to say this:

Talk to someone. Please please please PLEASE TALK to someone. a friend, a parent, just someone, please. They can help you get through this. There is NOTHING worth killing yourself over, no matter how much pain you might feel. Life gets better, it honestly truly does. Just please, please talk to someone.

S

sdr3000

Hey, this was really sad to read. I just wanna say that it's important to never give up on your faith. It's times when we are down that we listen to God the most and he talks to us the most. I agree with what apocalypseArisen said. You need to talk to someone :) If you feel there is no one you can talk to about this talk to God because he already knows what your going through.

Try listening to these two songs. I understand your probably feeling more sad than I did. but when i was down these songs helped :)

You Are More ~ Tenth Avenue North - YouTube
Fall Apart (Slideshow with Lyrics) - YouTube

C

camragirl73

Hey nice to know your not alone i would never kill myself but the rest iv been through it will all be over shortly dont grow weary

K

kenneth2816

jesusefreak, I am obviously not a teen so if my post is intrusive, please accept my apologies in advance. I wanted to share with you that I too, think about suicide almost daily. Maybe it is a brain chemistry thing, maybe it is learned behavior I cannot say but it really IS "normal" for me. I do understand that these are merely thoughts (take every thought captive in obedience toJesus Christ) and most likley, these thoughts come from some unyielded, unhealed place withiin me and DO NOT represent the true me, if that makes sense. Since they are just thoughts, I am not obligated to really act on them.

Some will tell you that every thought we have come either from God or Satan. I am not so sure. I have heard a lot of talk about "stanic attacks." I am not syaing satan isnt a liar or that he cannot impose his lies on us all I AM sayng is that I am learning (when these thoughts come) to DISMISS them because they do not represent who I am in Christ.

In other words, I am not actively suicidal per se, but yes, the thoughts are there. I pray that God allows me to come to a new awareness of who I am in Christ, my incorrect view of myself will be healed.

I pray that for you as well.

Feelings aren't facts- they are just emotional repsonses to a situation; I dont have to act on them. I am now OK with talking about suicidal thoughts (in fact I find it lessens their power) and you have my total respect for opening this thread. By the way I've been in therapy a lot befofre, but I have found that NOTHING replaces going on my knees before a mericful God and submitting the the fact that He knows me better than I know myself. I am not suggesting or condemning therapy; merely relating my own experience.

I pray that God heal all the buried parts of me that I cannot access and I yield them to his power. Know that you are truly loved, just as you are,

and Jesus thinks you are to die for.

J

jesusfreak0016

Thanks for all the advice. It really helped. I was going through the motions. I've been depressed since a very young age. The these past couple of days I've been praying and God worked some mircales that showedd me he cares. These past two days not one depression thought or suicidal thought. I'm on the road to recovery. I'm not giving up on God, because he never gave up on me. I'm not going to let Satan win. Thanks for the concerns. God Bless

A

AnandaHya

here are some songs :)

This song is my Christian theme song and was the first one that brought me to tears and heartfelt prayers to Christ when I felt broken and suicidal. It played on the radio and I heard God's soft voice in my heart say "take it a step at a time, I am with you. Have no fear. I love you."

Step by Step - Rich Mullins - YouTube

also I love Casting Crown songs :) and Mandisa is one of my favorite new Christian artist :)

Casting Crowns Praise You In The Storm - YouTube

The Truth About Me Mandisa (lyrics) - YouTube

K

kayem77

Thanks for all the advice. It really helped. I was going through the motions. I've been depressed since a very young age. The these past couple of days I've been praying and God worked some mircales that showedd me he cares. These past two days not one depression thought or suicidal thought. I'm on the road to recovery. I'm not giving up on God, because he never gave up on me. I'm not going to let Satan win. Thanks for the concerns. God Bless
That is completely great!:D God bless you.

C

camragirl73

Yes we would be here all day if i told you the bad things that has happened to me or the bad things i have done today is a new day