saved,,,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Just-me may I as "unsaved" but believeing the Truth shall make me free... I am not FREE YET... but I do grow in knowledge and Truth EVERY DAY... May I please show you how 1 John 1:8 to 10 goes as God says it would...

John was a holy man of God, and he wrote 1 John 1, 3, and 5, exactly like God wanted it written. It looks like contradiction .... the verses in 1 John 1:8,9 and 10. Vs, the verses in 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 5:18. But that is only because EG never asked the Author... The Holy Spirit to explain this to Him. I did!
This is what is said, and actually it makes PERFECT sense,,,,
For the benefit of all I will post the verses.
1 John 1...
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Now when I read this, I can clearly see a CHANGE OF PERSON HERE.... All God’s Children start off as sinners.
But verse 9 shows the confess (Repent and go to Jesus with your sins) The cleansing and the (destroy the works of Satan part.)
Verse 10 shows the TRANSFORMED (saved) sinner now being BORN OF GOD. Sin is spoken of in PAST tense. This is EXACTLY what John wrote in 1 John 3 and in 1 John 5 as well.
1 John 3.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (verse 8 and 9 in 1 John 1)

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (verse 10 in 1 John 1)

1 John 5.
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. ( 1 John 1:10)
1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. (1 John 1:8 the sinning part)

So do you all now see there is NO CONTRADICTION, only a lack of understanding. And I say this with a lot of love for you all. Do you realize that both you and I will be PERFECTLY ONE when we agree that in Jesus we are PERFECT, and Christ Jesus in us is also PERFECT? Can you even imagine you and I being made PERFECTLY ONE IN CHRIST JESUS? I cannot wait for our BAPTISM IN HOLY SPIRIT! Being made PERFECT for HIS GLORY....
THEN the world would believe Christ Jesus made us ONE IN HIM! May God’s will be done in us. Amen!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Just-me may I as "unsaved" but believeing the Truth shall make me free... I am not FREE YET... but I do grow in knowledge and Truth EVERY DAY... May I please show you how 1 John 1:8 to 10 goes as God says it would...

John was a holy man of God, and he wrote 1 John 1, 3, and 5, exactly like God wanted it written. It looks like contradiction .... the verses in 1 John 1:8,9 and 10. Vs, the verses in 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 5:18. But that is only because EG never asked the Author... The Holy Spirit to explain this to Him. I did!
1 John 1...
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Now when I read this, I can clearly see a CHANGE OF PERSON HERE.... All God’s Children start off as sinners.
But verse 9 shows the confess (Repent and go to Jesus with your sins) The cleansing and the (destroy the works of Satan part.)
Verse 10 shows the TRANSFORMED (saved) sinner now being BORN OF GOD. Sin is spoken of in PAST tense. This is EXACTLY what John wrote in 1 John 3 and in 1 John 5 as well.
1 John 3.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (verse 8 and 9 in 1 John 1)

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (verse 10 in 1 John 1)

1 John 5.
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. ( 1 John 1:10)
1Jn 5:19And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. (1 John 1:8 the sinning part)

So do you all now see there is NO CONTRADICTION, only a lack of understanding. And I say this with a lot of love for you all. Do you realize that both you and I will be PERFECTLY ONE when we agree that in Jesus we are PERFECT, and Christ Jesus in us is also PERFECT? Can you even imagine you and I being made PERFECTLY ONE IN CHRIST JESUS? I cannot wait for our BAPTISM IN HOLY SPIRIT! Being made PERFECT for HIS GLORY....
THEN the world would believe Christ Jesus made us ONE IN HIM! May God’s will be done in us. Amen!

If one does not admit guilt then they need not forgiveness.

John is speaking to those who judge themselves to be without sin.

one must accept the guilty verdict.

Psalm 51

{To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.} Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.9Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.15O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.18Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.19Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Feb 17, 2010
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Just-me you qouted this verse.... And this verse confirms this teaching.... Matt 10:22... And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Please note that both verses refers to the END of faith and the endures to the END.... It is a Biblical fact that the soul is only SAVED at the END OF FAITH, and THE END OF OBEDIENCE... People will NEVER hate you if you do NOT obey God. Then you are one of the haters not the hated.... But despite being hated, you should CONTINUE TO ENDURE all hate and only at the END of this endurance your soul shall be saved....

To be BORN OF GOD is at the END OF FAITH... Faith and grace that saves you will stop the moment God bless you with REBIRTH.

So many people believe the lie that the Holy Spirit is in you WHEN HE LEADS YOU TO THE BON AGAIN MOMENT.... The Holy Spirit only enters into you when GOD BORN YOU OFF HIMSELF.... When God gives you a NEW LIFE.... not rvive the old, God gives you a NEW heart and a NEW Spirit, that produce a NEW life.... Only THEN are your soul saved and TAKEN TO GOD...

Let me ask you this.... right now, do you and I have ONE SPIRIT, and ONE SOUL?.... No we do not. That means either one of us is saved or BOTH are unsaved.... And the ONE SOUL AND SPIRIT we should have is the SOUL AND SPIRIT OF JESUS....

If God change the INNER man, the BODY ALSO FOLLOWS ONY GOD'S WILL. The flesh does not have a mind or will of his own. The flesh does what the spirit and soul wants.... If the Spirit and Soul is of God, then the flesh also does what God wants and that is a life without sin... But this happens AT THE END OF YOUR SANCTIFICATION... End of your REPENTANCE... End of the Holy Spirit's Lead to righteousness...

The Truth/Word/Love/Faith/Grace/Holy Spirit/Christ Jesus, that God gives you to get you to be a NEW CREATURE, all happens in a SECOND... God works on the clay and the clay is forming into a vessel all the time. but the moment God finishes the vessel, then God REMOVES the vessel from the forming tray, and the vessel is then EXACTLY the way GOD WANTS IT TO BE.... From the moment God started n a lump of clay, God will not stop until that lump is the perfect vessel God wants to make.... He may start with a lump of clay, but the vessel will be finished.... ALL BY HIM... The clay cannot say the size the shape or the purpose, God is the POTTER we are the clay. We have NO SAY.

The SECOND God completes His work on us, GOD DECLARES THE VESSEL HIS OWN.... Just like God did with Paul.

I hope you have enough Bble knowledge to see that this all comes straight from the Bible. I did not suck this from my thumb or heard it from men... This is the Truth from God's Word and HE alone showed and gave me this. I know the Bible well and I love God for the gift to understand Scripture. And I praise the Lord that He still give spiritual gifts to people. I thank Hom that He also chose me to receive His Truth and Word, and that He will make me free... And as He said... WHomever He makes free are free indeed...

Do yo know how free that is? Do you know that He frees you from? The old man, Sin, False teachings, fasle doctrine, flase churches, all evil, death, and many more.... His make free is FREE INDEED!

Mar 4, 2013

1 John 1...
1 John 3.

1 John 5.
1Jn 5:19And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. (1 John 1:8 the sinning part)

Well, ...... on that point I have to agree with you. Where we might disagree is that I do not see being "born again" the very same thing as being "saved". "Born again" is in the present tense, when Jesus talks to Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

After that we are saved, and I call salvation a way of life. In other words we are given a brand new life. Through the Word of God, we are given the Holy Spirit. We are given the gift called "faith" that is strong enough to separate the human nature, called "iniquity", from our first born life of iniquity through Christ Jesus. I know many Christians don't like what I'm about ready to say, but "salvation" is a way of life through Christ Jesus, dying daily by the Word of God.

Jeremiah 11:7 (KJV)

[SUP]7 [/SUP]For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice.

1 Corinthians 15:31 (KJV)
[SUP]31 [/SUP]I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

[SUP]15 [/SUP]Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:19-21 (KJV)

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

john832

May 31, 2013
One who is born again also has these traits...

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Are we born now or begotten?

1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

We are born again at the resurrection...

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

As of right now, converted Christians have the down payment (earnest) of salvation...

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Notice the word UNTIL? Until what? The redemption!