Saving Yourself Till Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Faith00

Uhhh, guy here. Proud of my virgin status. I also understand some of the reasons God tells you to wait. Sex is both beautiful and symbolic to you becoming one being. Obviously you can't become one with people you might not see again. Also Abstinence protects you from all of the drama and fear and regret you here about all the time from people who choose not to wait. The relationships for sex when one person is thinking love, the unplanned pregnancies, the STD's, the reaction you get from friends and parents. None are supposed to happen. There's so much more too it! Love yourself, God and your choice.

E

ELNino

Saving yourself till marriage is a gift to your future spouse and vice versa. It is a sin according to bible as it has been pointed out in previous posts, I don't understand why people don't wait these days, we all need to remember that we shouldn't be after wordly pleasures. Here is a short prayer for purity.

Lord, inflame our hearts and our inmost beings with the fire of Your Holy Spirit, that we may serve You with chaste bodies and pure minds. Through Christ our Lord. Amen

Last edited:
T

Tintin

I imagine it would be very difficult, as temptations are always present, but I believe in saving yourself for marriage. That's what I pray God gives me the strength to do.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
I as a female truly believe in saving myself till marriage, I used to wonder if it was because I was insecure about my body but as I have grown I realize it has always been my one huge promise I made to God when I was young. The problem is Im scared to get into relationships because I feel like no guy would ever wait. This scares me and makes me feel alone does anyone else feel this way?
when you live for GOD, read HIS words, talk to HIM about EVERYTHING that concerns you IN FAITH and everyday.
He will lead you through the necessary steps till HIS time for you marrying comes. i suggest get stronger IN HIM, LOVE HIM everyday, and dont worry or think about relationships. God can have your lives busy enough not to think about any of that.

and by posting that i believe or think that some men have approached you or etc. so what you could do is KEEP YOUR FIRM ground, some men may promise to marry you, they are lieing. DONT GIVE IN, just GIVE IN TO GOD. dont rush things, and you ARE NOT DOING A WRONG THING when you keep it. not at all, GOD loves that. so dont be peer pressured, those that have done it where deceived, but those who havent are in the right place.

Father i pray that Lonley123 may have friends that Bring her closer TO YOU than to the devil, in JESUS NAME..