Scared

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bourdo14

So I was and kind of always have been thinking about this for a while now but I know people say if you believe in god and repent you'll go to heaven but what scares me is what if I do but don't feel good enough to make it to heaven :/ and someone else told me todAy that not everyone makes it to heaven... I thought we are all gods children and he loves and died for us his children then why would he send one of his children who he loves unconditionally to hell???

U

Ugly

We, as a race of humans, are not all Gods children. That is a secularized concept that has infiltrated the churches. We Become Gods children, adopted children, when we become born again.
God does love us unconditionally, but that doesn't mean He excuses people for having a wrong heart. Sin has a price to pay, and just loving us isn't all there is. Heaven isn't about how good people are. You don't earn your way into heaven. So you Aren't good enough to get into heaven. No one is. That is why we have Gods grace, because, as the bible says, no one is righteous.
And people end up in hell out of a disobedient heart. They follow their own desires, not God. Just because they pretend to do otherwise doesn't change the fact that their hearts are not following Gods. But if a person is Truly repentant and seeking after God, then they will make it into heaven. Its the fakes that won't.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Believing in God is not the same as accepting Christ into your life, by that I mean acknowledging he is son of God, who died and rose again as the final sacrifice of our sin, we ask Christ to be forgiven of sin and pledge to follow Him.

The feelings of "not being good enough to go to heaven" are lies planted in ones head by "Satan", its part of the lie to stop people from having relationship with God, if people think they are not good enough after accepting Christ, then that will cripple them in their growth and walk. Instead it turns people into fearful wrecks and can even have result in people turning backs on God.

Do not believe that lie. If you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept who he is and what he did, and declare your sin and ask to be forgiven of it, that you genuinely want to follow Christ, then you will enter heaven. I seem to be trotting this video out a lot recently, but this describes Gods Grace perfectly.

[video=youtube_share;XrLzYw6ULYw]http://youtu.be/XrLzYw6ULYw[/video]

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
So I was and kind of always have been thinking about this for a while now but I know people say if you believe in god and repent you'll go to heaven but what scares me is what if I do but don't feel good enough to make it to heaven :/ and someone else told me todAy that not everyone makes it to heaven... I thought we are all gods children and he loves and died for us his children then why would he send one of his children who he loves unconditionally to hell???
I'm not sure about the concept of God loving someone unconditionally, but he's not going to coexist with a sinner forever. He's not going to allow them into Paradise. And he's not going to let this world of suffering and entropy continue forever. So the only thing he can do is destroy the sinner with the sin-infected creation or transform them. And if they refuse to be transformed then no matter how much he loves them they're not going to be allowed to be with him or given that which they'd just abuse.

Oct 31, 2011
Being scared is a good, life protecting emotion to have because it IS a narrow road we must travel to eternal life. The main desire of God is for you to have it, there is actual joy in heaven when you chose this. But there are requirements.

God wants the people in heaven with Him who really choose to be there. The opposite of heaven is sin and lots of people choose that. God knows we are human, it is impossible for us to keep completely away from sin, because sin isn't only what we actually do, it includes our thoughts and desires. That is why he gave Jesus. There were thousands of years of history of the world before Jesus lived as a man and was crucified, but Jesus always was in eternal time. Until He came, blood of animals were used as a symbol of the blood. It wasn't as effective, but until Jesus arrived, they were saved in a sort of sleep. Now, through taking our sin to Jesus, it is completely done away with through His blood and our repentance.

So any information you find in scripture about Jesus you must follow. Don't follow what I say or what any man says about it, lots of us misunderstand. God directly to the word for your information. After you understand there is Christ, you will be given the Holy Spirit to help your understanding.

When you take your sins to Christ, when Christ cleanses you, that is a guarantee you will have eternal life, but just as the Lord's Prayer uses the word "daily" that we ask for all of what scripture means about bread, this is something we need to make park of us every day. Christ's way replaces our personal egotistic way every minute of the day.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Well you must first know that all men are sinners in God's eyes. Because they are all sinners they are all destined to go to hell when they die. Only Jesus Christ lived a sinless life and only Jesus Christ merited heaven with His Father. Jesus Christ was crucified on your behalf. Jesus died the death you deserved so that you could inherit the life He deserved. By grace God imputes the righteousness of Christ to you. To receive the gift of eternal life you must ask Christ to forgive you of your sins and then believe that He will do it for He has promised it to you.

The book of John chapter 3 and the book of Romans chapters 1,3,10 will provide sufficient scripture to support the biblical requirements of how to become saved and have eternal life. 2 Corinthians 5:21 specifically states that God made Christ to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Hi.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
We are all God's children. He loves us all without condition. We dont need to earn his love, he bestows it freely upon us. Whether we get into heaven depends on how we live, act and think while here upon earth. If we knowingly and repeatedly engage in sinful acts, and refuse to repent, then no, we wont get to heaven. If we know our sin is wrong, however, and we DO repent and admit our sins and ask God for forgiveness, he will more than gladly do so. :) Just because a person does not go to church to worship god does not mean he wont get into heaven for it. There are many ways to worship god: by praying, by helping others, by offering your time and talents where they are needed, etc. We need to strive to live as Jesus did: shameless, pure lives. Yeah we will stumble but god will forgive us each time if we ask him to. :)

L

littlewoman

I think both feelings, no matter fear of God or no fear because of God's promise and His unconditional love, can be used as a tool which leads us to God, but don't be controlled by them, otherwise it is from Satan which leads you away from God. Relax in His grace, but be awareness to repent from our daily sin. Accept yourself as you are, and at the meantime keep growing. God bless you!

John_agape

Feb 27, 2014
Christ died for us while we were still sinners. If we could get to heaven by being good, then there was no need for Christ to come here as a man and die for us.

We are saved by God's grace, not by our good works.

Fear is maybe necessary for some people to come to God, but what should keep us close to God is our relationship with God, and growing and maturing our love for God, not our fear of hell.

I would not do something that would hurt my wife and children. In the same way I would not do something that would hurt God. It is all about close relationships. If I do something that hurts my wife's feeling or hurts God, then I feel regret, repent, and move on. True regret/repentance is something God accepts. Peter and Paul are good examples of people that failed and repented and were blessed by God.

God can help you deal with doubts and problem attitudes and behaviors. Instead of trying to be good, I pray to God to show me the sin, so I can feel sin instead of desire. That is my way of dealing with my sins. God answers and lets my desire become revulsion. I am repelled instead of drawn into. I don't have to battle my sinful desires anymore.

Each of us has our own personal walk with God. As Christians we all share a common bond with God and God's Word, the Bible helps and guides us. But there is a personal dimension in God's relationship with us. Have patience. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. In today's society we seem to have no patience. We live in a world demanding instant gratification. God deals with us in the same time-frame that he dealt with Adam, Moses, David, Peter, Paul and John. They had patience to wait on God's answers and so should we.

Keep praying sincerely for God's leading and you will find the security of God's grace.

P

paulsfam4

[h=3]2 Peter 3:9[SUP]9 [/SUP]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance....... God gives us the choice and he gives us the way to salvation he loves all of us but also knows there will people that will refuse him and there is a judgment and the first part of being saved is the fear of being in hell but the worst part would be the total separation from god that will happen. that's why I talk to my kids and anyone that will listen, I want my kids to be with me and everyone else. I wouldn't want anyone to be separated from GOD. And not including the suffering[/h]