seeking mediums or spiritualist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TomH

It's sad that she believed the deceiving spirit which is all psychics are transmitting.

J

J-Kay

Re: What Does the Bible Say About Familiar Spirits?

[h=1]What is wrong with Ouija boards, or contacting spirits?[/h] There has always been a fascination to communicate with the “spirit world.” Some feel that once a person has died, their “spirit” supernaturally has access to knowledge or information that wouldn’t be available to those of us who are alive. Others enjoy the novelty and are just curious, “what would it be like to communicate with a supernatural entity?” Thus, many pull out Ouija boards, or visit psychics, or mediums in hopes of finding answers to their future. It’s hard to blame them, when the world seems to be falling apart at the seams and many feel uncertain and anxious for what’s coming next.
But, Isaiah 46:9-10, says, “Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure,’”
No one else has access to the future, but God.

J

J-Kay

It's sad that she believed the deceiving spirit which is all psychics are transmitting.
Tom, yes, that made me sad for her as well. I am amazed how many people
will go to the Police for psychic help to find a lost loved one, or the murderer.
It is ignorance, but, satan comes as an angel of light and many really do not
know he is the one doing the very thing that goes against the word of God.

I once was a believer as many give testimony of here, and I paid dearly for it.
I was finally set free by Jesus when I found out the truth of paranormal.
Many will have to see the evil side for what it is and admit it is sin, and repent,
then God will cleanse them of the darkness and Jesus will be the LIGHT.

T

TomH

Tom, yes, that made me sad for her as well. I am amazed how many people
will go to the Police for psychic help to find a lost loved one, or the murderer.
It is ignorance, but, satan comes as an angel of light and many really do not
know he is the one doing the very thing that goes against the word of God.

I once was a believer as many give testimony of here, and I paid dearly for it.
I was finally set free by Jesus when I found out the truth of paranormal.
Many will have to see the evil side for what it is and admit it is sin, and repent,
then God will cleanse them of the darkness and Jesus will be the LIGHT.
I'm glad you got free, sis. Satan is adept at deception. I think that's why we need to read the word of God for the spirit of truth, and don't drop your guard to any other spirits. There was a time when I was deceived by "pharmakeia" which is translated as "enchantment" in the version of scripture I study and otherwise known as "drugging." That is nothing but deceiving spirits. I was freed from them by the power of God. I never did rehab. I kicked cold turkey, prayed a lot, and read the word of God. God's love is amazingly powerful! God bless you, sister.

P

prodigal

A familiar story. God is good. He hears the cry of Jonah though he be all but dead. God has set you free and you are free indeed. You can see the enemy for who he is. You know that light will always over power the darkness. You realize that the enemy fears you, even runs from you. Pure love. totally in love with Jesus. God bless you Brother...

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
eek! so if I get 7 I guess that's bad or at least high risk

D

danschance

eek! so if I get 7 I guess that's bad or at least high risk
Why don't you get that book, "Bondage Breaker" by Neil Anderson? It might help you out. It certainly can't hurt, right?

R

Rodger

So I know someone who went to a medium (theres other names for it as well), people that tell you your future ext. So sometime last year I think she goes and sees this lady and this lady told her that her husband is going to hurt her and that shes going to meet a new guy and have a baby thats going to have the spirit of the child that she lost in it. So of course she wants her baby back, so she gets all excited. So she tells me this and I give her verses that speak against that and tell her not to go see her again. Well her bff goes and sees this lady and she ask her why is her friend still married that she sees blood and darkness around her. Not too long after that this girl meets a guy shes into and her husband finds out and hes angry. Since she heard the medium say all that stuff she gets a restraining order against her husband and files for divorce. Then she starts a relationship with this new guy and gets pregnant by him. Fast forward to today, now shes working things out with her husband who accepted her being prego and now is expecting to have her baby that died back in this new babies body, his soul. I told her" see what happens when you listen to stuff like that, now you made it all true." I support her no matter what and show her love but what else can I do or say. Please if anyone out there is thinking about going and seeing someone about their future, please dont do it. It opens up a door of darkness and plants seeds in your head that arent true but you make them true. God speaks against that in many verses. I wrote this to hopefully help someone who may be thinking about going and seeing one. Dont do it please. Trust God with your future and no one else. God bless
What you are describing is Satanic/Demonic and destructive.

Deut. 18:10-12
"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee."

There can not be any sorcery allowed in the life of a believers in Christ! NONE!

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
I got last saturday night little bit too close call with one :(

I was coming from sauna and thinking of Bible verse (free translation from finnish) "don't be afraid those who can kill the body but not soul but those who can kill them both." which could be translated also as "steal"

I thought about the alternative meaning but discharged it quickly because I saw nothing in Bible to support it and then I felt like something was using my mouth and heard myself speaking "Are you sure?"
I paused for a moment just to be sure what just happened and then replied: "Yes I am. And Get out, NYT!" while thinking "in Jesus's name you have no place in here or to me"

D

danschance

I got last saturday night little bit too close call with one :(

I was coming from sauna and thinking of Bible verse (free translation from finnish) "don't be afraid those who can kill the body but not soul but those who can kill them both." which could be translated also as "steal"

I thought about the alternative meaning but discharged it quickly because I saw nothing in Bible to support it and then I felt like something was using my mouth and heard myself speaking "Are you sure?"
I paused for a moment just to be sure what just happened and then replied: "Yes I am. And Get out, NYT!" while thinking "in Jesus's name you have no place in here or to me"

Again, I hope you find the help you need. 1christianwarrior316 found a link to read that book for free. I suggest you at least do the exercises in part three, chapter 12 and so on. This was the first thing I did to get help for myself. It was a good start but may not be effective on some people who have more complex issues, even if they are not aware of those complexities.

I was one of those who have complex issues. I read the book and learned the what deliverance is about but my issues remained. I had to seek out help from people in a deliverance ministry. Now, I am free in Christ.

Lord Jesus lead this person to the one or ones who listen to You and will help set him free from the demonic, in Jesus name.

http://selfdefinition.org/hearing-voices/Neil-T-Anderson-The-Bondage-Breaker.pdf

J

jerusalem

Re: What Does the Bible Say About Familiar Spirits?

i hope others will be able to help you locate exact scriptures. among the many references it clearly states that you cannot serve 2 masters and you cannot eat at the table of demons and the table of the lord. thier are multiple stories of demonic possessions many of which mimic legitimate illnesses such as epilepsy and mental illnesses such as multiple personality disorder but the supremicy of GOD is made clear in christs power over them and their fear of Him. a specific sdtory about a specific witch is mentioned in the story of king saul israel's first human king.....i could go on and on i hope this is a good start for you