Seeking Truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jaybird88

The reason I started this thread was because in my own life I came to the revelation of Christ as the only source of Truth. After about 35yrs of ministry I was stuck in a spiritual limbo. I had my own church for about 5yrs and was a Associate Pastor at another church for 5yrs. I finally walked away from all of it. There was to much conflict and contention. Then God told me to throw away everything I was taught and start again. I was afraid because my whole world was built on everything I had learned. Now God was telling me to throw it away. He said,"Do you trust me to lead you?". I said, "Yes". He said," Then throw it away and I will show you things that are not taught by men. My Holy Spirit will teach you what you need to know". In short, all the man made doctrines began to clash with the scripture. I was given a chose to believe what I was reading or hold onto the man made doctrines.

Modern Christians have substituted the Truth of God for man made doctrines. Doctrines which clearly contradict the Word of God. People can't see the contradictions because the lies are woven in with truth. A con man can't con you unless part of what he is saying is true. Many man made doctrines have verses within them, but those verses are manipulated. They are manipulated by adding or subtracting meaning which is not there. Or the manipulation is done by connecting unrelated verses in an out of context meaning. I joke about this by giving two verses. "Judas went out and hung himself" and "Go thou and do like wise". This is church of the hanging noose and they can't seem to keep members ;). Yet! Many churches today are doing the same thing and their members can't see it. I know because I was there once. I believed all the lies because they were loosely backed by the bible. Use your head by yielding to the Holy Spirit and don't follow the crowd.
what were you having conflicts with? i myself am having conflicts. i realized one day that most of my beliefs were based on the fact that others believe it so it must be true. when i started reading and studying the bible myself i saw that many the things i was taught were not in the bible.

Jun 5, 2015
what were you having conflicts with? i myself am having conflicts. i realized one day that most of my beliefs were based on the fact that others believe it so it must be true. when i started reading and studying the bible myself i saw that many the things i was taught were not in the bible.
Dear Jaybird
You hit the nail right on the head. Yes! I believed it because others believed it. The conflicts became even numerous the more I read for myself. When God started me out new He told me to throw away every definition I knew. That was frightening! When I say every definition I mean every definition. Like, who was Jesus, what was sin, what is the Gospel, what is saved, what is repentance, what is forgiveness. God just dumped me off on the river Jordan and said assume nothing and speak to whom ever you meet. It went like this. I see a guy out in the water with a bunch of people and he's pushing them under the water. I said to the man,"Who are you"". He said, "John". I asked what he was doing, He said, he was baptizing for the removal of sins. I asked what was baptizing and what are sins? [Get the picture now] I was to know nothing and learn what everything was from scratch. The only thing I was aloud to read was the Gospels and the Strongs Greek and Hebrew. I was to learn what Jesus taught and it took me 6yrs to understand the Gospel as taught by Jesus. Then I was aloud to go into the OT. After 11yrs I was aloud to go into the Epistles.

Jun 5, 2015
I have been a Associate Pastor at a African American church for the last 10yrs. Believe it or not, but my calling is not to teach people what to believe, but to teach them how to hear from God. I had my own church for 5yrs and shut it down because the people were coming to hear me preach. I am not interested in a following. I'd rather have a church of 10 members who hear from God than 100 members who are just sheep. I don't want them or need them.
If only I can get people to understand how much power they have in order to understand what Jesus taught. We would get past a lot of what takes place here.

Jun 5, 2015
I tell people at my own church," don't walk out of here and say,"Pastor Russ says this or that". Don't believe a word I say until God tells you what I said was from Him. I'd rather please God than teach things that don't come from God.

Jun 5, 2015
Truth is every word Jesus spoke.
If that is the case, then why read what another man thinks about what Jesus said? Why not go directly to the source?
Truth is not going to be found in a commentary.

J

jaybird88

I tell people at my own church," don't walk out of here and say,"Pastor Russ says this or that". Don't believe a word I say until God tells you what I said was from Him. I'd rather please God than teach things that don't come from God.
we need to learn to think for our self and learn to make up our own minds. there are to many in this world telling others what to think.

Jun 5, 2015
what were you having conflicts with?
Don't think the answers are simple to what I am about to write, but then that's what's going to make this fun to discuss or the shaking of worlds.
Why would John the baptist say, "the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world", the world had to do nothing, period, done.
Why would Jesus tell us to Daily ask God for forgiveness if all our sins were forgiven before the world began.
Why would Jesus give authority to the disciples to forgive sins?
Why would Jesus speak about eternal life when there is no reference to it in the OT?
And many many more.
We have been sold a lie.

God started me by say."What do you See?".

May 30, 2015
The experimenting was on technique. I have cast out many demons in person. The challenge was how to do it over the net. I first had to have a knowledge of what I was dealing without the person knowing it. Then I had to have a way of dealing with it and not revealing what I was doing until the right moment. In my experience there are many people who manufacture false responses. In other words there are people in the deliverance ministry who convince people they have a demon when in reality they don't. Or the person convinces themselves they have a demon when they don't. I don't like "Dog and Pony show" people who are looking for attention. I'd rather accomplish deliverance without anyone knowing. So the technique has to be such that it does not create a false positive. Does this make sense?.

Let me give you an example. I was conversing with a woman who I suspected of having demonic problems. I created an image and implanted a command to the demon to name itself. The woman had no knowledge of what I did. After she opened the picture, and in sense opened the prayer command, I asked her what had happened. She told me exactly what I wanted to hear, because it was a response to the prayer command. She had no knowledge of what was happening, so there was no false positive. I sent another prayer image and she responded with relief, as though I were present. The demon was cast out over the net.
I've never heard of that before. When I have encountered demons, they have been brazen and overtook the keyboard of their "hosts", with the host off in some stupor of some sort. I was able to simply address them boldly in the name of Jesus Christ and sent them screaming off into the night. Of course they would come back, as the persons whom they were terrorizing had given them original rights to be there, so until that person was made aware of their presence and was taught about renouncing and closing gates, they remained...but they were finally routed by that route.

Jun 5, 2015
we need to learn to think for our self and learn to make up our own minds. there are to many in this world telling others what to think.
Think for ourselves, but most of all hear from God.
Why would it take 300yrs before we have the format of the bible we now have?
What did the Christians depend on before it?

Jun 5, 2015
I've never heard of that before. When I have encountered demons, they have been brazen and overtook the keyboard of their "hosts", with the host off in some stupor of some sort. I was able to simply address them boldly in the name of Jesus Christ and sent them screaming off into the night. Of course they would come back, as the persons whom they were terrorizing had given them original rights to be there, so until that person was made aware of their presence and was taught about renouncing and closing gates, they remained...but they were finally routed by that route.
Ok! Interesting! Never heard of that! [them taking control of the keyboard] I have been in the deliverance ministry for years and trained many people. I'm not surprised though. I have seen many strange things during sessions..

May 30, 2015
Ok! Interesting! Never heard of that! [them taking control of the keyboard] I have been in the deliverance ministry for years and trained many people. I'm not surprised though. I have seen many strange things during sessions..
Oh yeah! I even saved a couple of the "conversations". Pretty wild stuff, but I found that they would slowly pipe down and eventually go mute when I continuously praised the name of Jesus Christ. His name is powerful!

Jun 5, 2015
Oh yeah! I even saved a couple of the "conversations". Pretty wild stuff, but I found that they would slowly pipe down and eventually go mute when I continuously praised the name of Jesus Christ. His name is powerful!
I have a program which allows me to insert hidden text within pictures. I placed a command of binding into the picture. Then I placed a command for the demon to reveal itself also hidden in the picture. I asked the woman to tell me what had taken place when she opened the picture. She then told me how all of a sudden she started to black out and then a name came out of her mouth and she was confused. The deliverance prayer encoded into the picture worked. We are all pioneers with the Gospel over the Internet. I came up with this from where they took a napkin from Paul and healed the sick with it. This is assuming the napkin was prayed over before being used.

J

jaybird88

Think for ourselves, but most of all hear from God.
Why would it take 300yrs before we have the format of the bible we now have?
What did the Christians depend on before it?
thats what i was implying. when our hearts are seeking the Lord, it may be wiser to listen to our heart rather then being concerned with what everyone else is doing or waiting for someone to tell you what to do amd how to do it. hope that makes sense.

May 30, 2015
I have a program which allows me to insert hidden text within pictures. I placed a command of binding into the picture. Then I placed a command for the demon to reveal itself also hidden in the picture. I asked the woman to tell me what had taken place when she opened the picture. She then told me how all of a sudden she started to black out and then a name came out of her mouth and she was confused. The deliverance prayer encoded into the picture worked. We are all pioneers with the Gospel over the Internet. I came up with this from where they took a napkin from Paul and healed the sick with it. This is assuming the napkin was prayed over before being used.
That is intriguing. Holy Spirit can certainly lead people into these areas and give them ideas for warfare in areas that never before have been done or even understood, that serve to bring the enemy to his knees.

Jun 5, 2015
thats what i was implying. when our hearts are seeking the Lord, it may be wiser to listen to our heart rather then being concerned with what everyone else is doing or waiting for someone to tell you what to do amd how to do it. hope that makes sense.
Yes! When I set out on my journey for Truth, I found 21 points I never heard anyone teach. I thought I might be deceiving myself. God said,"do you trust me?". Now up till this point I was only allowed to read the Gospels, because God was getting the corrupted version out of me. He was having me learn directly from Jesus. God then reminded me of a book on an obscure web site. For the first time in 6yrs I was allowed to read something other than the Gospels. I downloaded the book and it had all 21 points, which I had found. I asked the author where he had learned these things. He said,"The bible" and knew of no one else who taught it, He had received like I did by direct revelation from God. The church has gotten away from "Revelation" and is now dependent on the teachings of men.
I have had instances of reading a verse and disagreeing with it, because I saw something different. When I went to the Greek it said what I knew inside myself. The translator did not translate it correctly. Translators will translate according to their belief system even though it contradicts the original language.
A good example is the verse,"the heart is desperately wicked". No where in the Hebrew does it say, "desperate or wicked". The real translation is," very frail and sickly". A far cry from desperately wicked. The Holy Spirit within me would wince when ever that verse was used. I knew something was wrong, and the Holy Spirit was guiding me into all Truth..

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2015
Jesus the Christ is the source of all Truth. How does this work? What is this Word?
(John 1:17 [UKJV])
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(John 1:1 [UKJV])
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(John 17:17 [BWE])
Make them clean by the true word and keep them for yourself. Your word is true.
(John 17:17 [RNT])
Make them holy through the truth. Thy word is truth.
(John 17:17 [NET])
Set them apart in the truth; your word is truth.
(Ps 107:20 [UKJV])
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
(Ps 107:20 [WEB])
He sends his word, and heals them, and delivers them from their graves.

Jun 5, 2015
Good! If you want you can condense them and send them to me. I'd be interested how that played out.

Jun 5, 2015
Many modern christians do church hoping. I know this one couple who are in a different church every 2-3yrs. Since I've known them they have been in at least 10 churches. They tell me they always find these wonderful churches and join and then move on to the next. Spiritually they have no understanding nor growth. They have a herd mentality of follow the leader till they find a new leader. To me they are a basic example of what the majority of the church is today. One of the reasons is because the modern church has fallen away from the doctrines of Christ and replaced them with traditions and in many cases doctrines of demons. The modern church is not functioning under the "Offices" which the original church had functioning. I believe God is going to restore these Offices soon. Truth will once again be the main focus of the Church.
(1Cor 12:28 [20cNT])
In the Church God has appointed, first, Apostles, secondly Preachers, thirdly Teachers; then he has given supernatural powers, then power to cure diseases, aptness for helping others, capacity to govern, varieties of the gift of ‘tongues.’
(Eph 4:11-15 [20cNT])
And he it is who gave to the Church Apostles, Prophets, Missionaries, Pastors, and Teachers, to fit his People for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the Body of the Christ. And this shall continue, until we all attain to that unity which is given by faith and by a fuller knowledge of the Son of God; until we reach the ideal man — the full standard of the perfection of the Christ. Then we shall no longer be like infants, tossed backward and forward, blown about by every breath of human teaching, through the trickery and the craftiness of men, towards the snares of error; but holding the truth in a spirit of love, we shall grow into complete union with him who is our Head — Christ himself.

S

saiz

If one is seeking the truth, then that person should be seeking the one prophesied to come in Malachi 4:4-6 and Acts 3:19-23

Regarding the last verse of the bible, i ask you. The GOD is all knowing, all powerful and all seeing. HE knows the End form the Beginning. The GOD is not moved to action. HE is not reactionary. Therefore, why would the persons name be in the book of the Life if the GOD knows that the person will take away WORDS from the bible?

Here is the truth: There is one who is coming to prepare a bride without spots, blemishes or wrinkles and that person is the Spirit of Truth because He speaks only what He hears. This is not the MOST HOLY SPIRIT because the MOST HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD of the HOLY TRINITY. IF you can't accept that then you are saying that GOD hides things from HIMSELF. The GOD in the Father hood state, the SON state and the MOST HOLY SPIRIT are all co existing and Co eternal. Therefore, the MOST HOLY SPIRIT knows what the Father knows. So why does the world think that the MOST HOLY SPIRIT is the one that needs to hear from the GOD? The MOST HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.

This reveals that the Spirit of Truth Prophesied is not the MOST HOLY SPIRIT. It is therefore the same which was prophesied in Malachi 4:4-6, Acts 3:19-23, Rev 10:7

No amount of translating from hebrew, or greek will reveal the LOGOS because it has been sealed by the GOD until the Spirit of truth is come to reveal what has been hidden in Ages. To reveal what has been from the foundation of the World. And to judge the Mystery Babylon which is the kingdom masquerading in secrecy in the earth headed by lucifer and cohorts.

This is why Prophets were sent to the children of Israel, to reveal the LOGOS but none before the 3rd Elijah have accurately interpreted the LOGOS which is why the body of Christ does not know the GOD or the plan of salvation. Not even an iota of spirituality can be found in these churches of Sodom and Egypt and many, many children of the kingdom have suffered bondage from their religious captors.

The truth of the Gospel is found in John 8:51, Luke 3:38.